Blue Screen error in Windows 7

Aman31 said:
Guys Should i re-install the OS? and which latest vga driver should i go for after re-installing the OS those Guru3d or NVIDIA ?

You can try an OS reinstall, but that would be the last step. Try to sort it out systematically. Regarding drivers, pick the latest official one from the nVidia site.

Question:
Which BIOS you do not want to update. For the motherboard or the accelerator..?

meghna said:
Thanks everyone for the inputs !

Thanks for this.. will try what you suggested... Its so irritating to keep trying n fighting things out when you have so many other things to be done :( On other note.. i feel i shld've gone for an iMac

Graphic card here reminds me of something.. When my rig was built and installed earlier i had Sapphire 4770 in it.. and Win 7 was great with no issues.

One noteable difference is that the dumps n restarts have started showing after migrating this new card with Yogi's older one (Sapphire 3870 Toxic). Not sure if that does matter. However have even stepped down a version of the drivers to be safe...

Another note - I even tried increasing the hibernation file size to 100% of Ram (Read it sumwhere) but didn't help as it did for a few ppl.

Meghna:
This thread is getting really haywire, with tons of comments. But believe me, the people here will help you sort it out. Now...the number format I love so much, and which all hate.

1. No need to migrate to a 32BIT version. You want to utilize the >3 GB RAM. So stick to it.
2. Unstall the ATI driver and CCC, and restart, and boot into save mode. Using 'Driver Sweeper', remove all crumbs and leftover junk. Restart and install CCC 9.12. This has been proven to be stable vs. the latest 10.1 and 10.2s. Also before you do this complete step (2), re dock the accelerator. Pull it out, blow a couple of times into the PCI.Ex16 slot, re seat the card.
3. Keep the hibernation settings off for a while. By the way, is your Page file = 1.5 x total physical RAM. Check that too.

Best of luck.

no offense to any one posting here but 0x50 and 0x7f more 90% of the time reflect a memory system error, can u try out a memtest for ram with one module in first then swap the other one and try and run it for 5 passes for each module, let me know if it passes

reinstalling os will not give a fix for this

another possible symtom for this is random freezes

asingh said:
Meghna:
This thread is getting really haywire, with tons of comments. But believe me, the people here will help you sort it out. Now...the number format I love so much, and which all hate.

1. No need to migrate to a 32BIT version. You want to utilize the >3 GB RAM. So stick to it.
2. Unstall the ATI driver and CCC, and restart, and boot into save mode. Using 'Driver Sweeper', remove all crumbs and leftover junk. Restart and install CCC 9.12. This has been proven to be stable vs. the latest 10.1 and 10.2s. Also before you do this complete step (2), re dock the accelerator. Pull it out, blow a couple of times into the PCI.Ex16 slot, re seat the card.
3. Keep the hibernation settings off for a while. By the way, is your Page file = 1.5 x total physical RAM. Check that too.

Best of luck.

Thanks....
1) Agreed.... even I'm not keen on going on 32-bit. But still might do it just for the testing.
2) Been there done that. :). Will try to re-dock the card, but I'm pretty sure the connectors are fine... will give it a try nevertheless.
3) Right now I've disabled hibernation as I don't use it. Plus the page file is set manually to 1.5x of total ram (min: 4096, max: 6144).

kolguy said:
no offense to any one posting here but 0x50 and 0x7f more 90% of the time reflect a memory system error, can u try out a memtest for ram with one module in first then swap the other one and try and run it for 5 passes for each module, let me know if it passes

reinstalling os will not give a fix for this

another possible symtom for this is random freezes

We did run windows memory diagnostics on each stick but not memtest86.. Will run the memtest on individual sticks and check and will let you know what i find out ! Tx for the suggestion !

^^

Ok..great. Were you able to try the Diagnostic tool, which I had mentioned on the previous page. Aman..?

if possbile try and zip your dump files and upload to file server and give us a link so we can go through all the dumps (would prefer all the dumps) and see a parttern

Hi looks like i got rid of BSOD:)
@asingh i was not able to understand that Debugging Tools but i tried this
as you suggest to meghna in 81th post
1.un-installed the nvidia driver normally and the game i.e Call of duty MW2.
2.Reboot the system>went to bios and had a look for that sideport memory as said by ronit but i didn't find anything like sideport option:no:
3.Start the windows in safe mode>delete all driver including AMD chipset>then went in device manger>un-install the VGA device including all nvidia drivers:)
4.Pull out the vga card blow some air in PCI slot>again plug in the VGA card.
5.restart the pc normally>downloaded a fresh copy of both the drivers VGA and Chipset>re-installed the Call of duty MW2. and finish it too:eek:hyeah:

HERE IS THE VIEW OF MY FULL HD CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 2 AND LOOK AT THE FPS ITS ALL FULL SETTING EXCEPT VSYN :D

1234xiu.jpg

49367010.jpg

83673915.jpg

3124w.jpg

HERE IS THAT BASTARD SHEPARD KILLED
234qu.jpg

AND ITS OVER NOW WITHOUT ANY CRASH:hap2:
124nc.jpg

NICE NA:D

Thanks to all
But i did many changes then this BSOD went,i still can't find where was that error but 1 change i am sure its not because of that i.e i tried both the beta and WHQL version of NVIDIA, i tried to play on both the versions after those above steps there is no issue but before i was getting BSOD in both of the versions. so now its left with that chipset re-install and that fresh downloads of driver's or may be that blow in PCI slot, or may be re-installing of game...i still don't know
and i have attached that minidump file as said by kolguy.
One more thing i wanna ask u guys that as i don't have OEM copy of Windows 7 ultimate should i set it automatic updates for windows?

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    27.7 KB · Views: 122
nice, good to hear the problems is solved.

If you meant you are not using a retail edition and using a RC i think u can have windwos update enabled till the time period runs out. pirated edition you are not supposed to have automatic updates enabled :p suggest you use get a OEM copy prices for it has come down a bit and i think WIN 7 is a wonderful peice of work .

i was looking for a couple of the dump files so i can see a pattern but doesnt matter anyway . might still have a complete run with memtest run once whenever free just to make sure.

@asingh thanks...some of your steps looks like they works...good

@kolguy thanks ok i will try to get get a OEM copy on OS and i attached a file in my previous post won't that help you?

@ ALL members-Ones i want a run a full PC test which should include all hardware doesn't matter if that takes a time of 8-9 hrs but it should be perfect,so give some hint how to run those tests ,links for downloading those test utility any thing else may also require please suggest

ronit said:
download PRIME95 or OCCT and it will sweat your system to its fullest...:p

Thanks for the option but Say any one OCCT or PRIME95 as this is gonna be my first PC test:) and i don't do OCing and all and can you please give a link of its tutorial, how to start the TESTS:)

its really funny thing but my ram passed 18 hours of prime and failed memtest in 10 mins when i had to RMA last week (both this happened within a few days)

Aman31 said:
Thanks for the option but Say any one OCCT or PRIME95 as this is gonna be my first PC test:) and i don't do OCing and all and can you please give a link of its tutorial, how to start the TESTS:)

Just game, if you can. You are fine.

capturefi.jpg

Which option to choose and i think this test will make cpu usages 100% during the whole test, is it good for cpu ? and how much time this will take, as i have to arrange some continuous electricity,don't know about power power-cut

Aman31 said:
@kolguy thanks ok i will try to get get a OEM copy on OS and i attached a file in my previous post won't that help you?

well i was looking for all the dumps to see if there was a pattern in the type of bsods you were getting. just one file didnt give me much info

try the blend option

asingh said:
Aman31

You getting BSOD again..?

Nope:hap5:

But just wanna have a test as we still don't know where the problem lies, i saw lot of people doing this.

@kolguy i only had that file in that minidump folder, if they are stored somewhere else please let me know i will send you:)

and ok i will select that blend option but how much time?

Back