Bsnl 3g Diconnects Help

sam000

Adept
Yesterday evening i bough Bsnl 3g and the triband data card (7.2mbps) and have recharged it for Rs4200...i am getting good speed on private trackers i can hit 400+kB/sec and on not so well seeded torrents i get like 200+kB/sec-350kB/sec
the most amazing thing to me is the upload...i can seed now at 200+kB.sec :clap:

Problem : the 3g disconnects itself after a few mins...dont know why.... yesterday night i started downloading a 1.45GB file but today morning it had stopped at 70% and i had to hit the connect button on the bsnl software manually to resume the download:(

Any solution to this problem guy's :huh:

I need to sort this thing out as i am surrendering my phone connection today...thanks:)

Good thing you made this thread.I was about to do the same as many of us have 3g connections now and would have faced this issue one time or the other.

The only temp solution i am using presently is to dump the software dialer which comes with your datacard and use the dial-up connection in your system.Configure it as the following ..

90390490.jpg

Thats the only way i know of, to use the 3g with disconnections.If you are strictly a torrent user you will be fine.

@others if someone has found a better way to get stable connections please do share :)

Here is the recipe for undisturbed/unlimited downloads.

1. Get an atom box or a low power machine and hook it up to giant UPS. A 1.1 kva from UPS retails at 3.57k good enough for a 1hr backup.

2. Use Bandwidth monitor pro for obvious reasons. It has a setting to trigger a batch file if speed drops below a certain limit. You can mix n match the conditions here.

3. Use command line dialer like rasdial (comes with windows) and redial from a batch file.

Presto! Agreed its easier said than done. BTW... do you really able to consume all of your downloaded content?

SpaceVoid said:
Good thing you made this thread.I was about to do the same as many of us have 3g connections now and would have faced this issue one time or the other.

The only temp solution i am using presently is to dump the software dialer which comes with your datacard and use the dial-up connection in your system.Configure it as the following ..

90390490.jpg

Thats the only way i know of, to use the 3g with disconnections.If you are strictly a torrent user you will be fine.

@others if someone has found a better way to get stable connections please do share :)

Is this how its done?

Control panel-->Setup a new connection or network-->Setup a dialup connection--)HSPA datacard modem

After i select HSPA datacard usb modem option it asks for Phone number and password ...what to do now?

SpaceVoid said:
^ Phone number is *99#

Leave the id pass blank. Then go to its properties > options > set it up as shown in the screens.

What are you on ? windows xp i guess. try applying this hotfix When you try to download a file from the Internet by using Internet Explorer, the download stops responding get it from here too Windows6.1-KB925681-x86.msu -> Language Neutral Windows 7 Hotfix Downloads -> Language Neutral Hotfix Downloads -> Downloads
I am on win 7

in control panel after i click setup new connection--->setup dial up connection this box pops up

no matter what option i select this box pops up and in phone numder i have put *99# as you have said

when i click connect this is what happen ...error 633

what am i doing wrong?

Go offline first.Stop the net connection from the data card.

OR

Choose set connection anyway.Then go to Network and Internet > network connections > Right this connection you made,click properties and edit the options.

@m-jeri The second step is for the following scenarios:

1. Sometime the connection is ON but speed drops to zero or unacceptable levels.

2. The modem drivers hang sometimes leaving the connection in a limbo.

3. Some server side reboots may leave your connection ON but nothing downloads eventually.

These scenarios are not covered if you use in-built redial feature, because windows simply does not detect this cases. A dedicated bandwidth monitor addresses it perfectly.

thats interesting to know.

can u elaborate?. so the batch file is a batch file of the software itself? nothing we create?.

If you are serious about downloads then its necessary to have a good framework in place. Like the one I mentioned above.

The batch file I am talking about is trigger from the Bandwidth Monitor Pro upon hitting a condition like speed dropping too low.

This condition is configurable in the settings of Bandwidth Monitor. You can set it to something like if total downloaded data in last x minutes is below y MB then trigger the following batch file.

The batch file contains commands like below:

1. Disconnect the current connection (rasdial disconnect dialup_connection_name)

2. Then wait for the command to complete (sleep 60)

3. Dial the connection (rasdial connection_name username password)

This is a very simple batch file I am talking here. You can use advanced commands to continuous redial / logging / time based connection management, etc.

m-jeri said:
thats interesting to know.

can u elaborate?. so the batch file is a batch file of the software itself? nothing we create?.

i downloaded the pro one. installed. didnt do system restart though.

In connections. the usb modem is not showing up.

and another thing. when we use the torrent client, the ports are associated with each connection. the port that torrent client uses will be at first

connection r8?. but during the connection drop-reconnection that port would be no longer available perhaps. such a case may arise.

is this covered?

stormer said:
If you are serious about downloads then its necessary to have a good framework in place. Like the one I mentioned above.

The batch file I am talking about is trigger from the Bandwidth Monitor Pro upon hitting a condition like speed dropping too low.

This condition is configurable in the settings of Bandwidth Monitor. You can set it to something like if total downloaded data in last x minutes is below y MB then trigger the following batch file.

The batch file contains commands like below:

1. Disconnect the current connection (rasdial disconnect dialup_connection_name)

2. Then wait for the command to complete (sleep 60)

3. Dial the connection (rasdial connection_name username password)

This is a very simple batch file I am talking here. You can use advanced commands to continuous redial / logging / time based connection management, etc.
My USB modem is not showing in the adapters list

Back