BSNL 3G Thread

Finally did the 4200 recharge yesterday through local kirana shop. It was smooth. Got the message and now my balance is also not getting deducted so seems plan has got activated properly. Now need to buy a modem but E122 does not seem to be in stock with dvdstore :(

Any other option for reasonably priced E122 or UMG1831 (if it is from a good defect free lot).

Also confused between these two modems as to which is better (forget the maximum speed capacity). I am talking in terms of reliability and working good in long run.

^^^^

Get the e122... I get only upto 6 Mbps...dunno anyone that has got beyond 7Mbps.. others will comment if they have

@rakrules---- Wait for the new lot of UMG 1831 or you can get it from another seller in ebay. But again it will be a draw of luck as Huawei QC seems to be horrid :mad:.....better get the tried and tested UMG 181 from bubblez for 2.1k shipped in market section. That has unlocked voice calls as well.And ya you do save some money as well :p

facing a problem here in IDM when downloading files from any file hosting service (RS/FS premium) some files download and some dont...i mean one file from the same host is downloading without any problem but another file hosted on the same service gives timeout error. When i download the same file on my BSNL brodband over WiFi it downloads without any problem meaning the file is not deleted. Also the disconnection problem has again...i am using E122 on a win7 machine

The recharge we put for bsnl 3g i.e 4200 rs for UL download does it apply to while using with data card only or does it apply when using it on mobile too ,

and for calling is there a seperate recharge to be done

sukant said:
The recharge we put for bsnl 3g i.e 4200 rs for UL download does it apply to while using with data card only or does it apply when using it on mobile too ,
and for calling is there a seperate recharge to be done
Use it anywhere what counts is the data transferred using that SIM. So use it in a datacard or in a cell phone or a 3G router/modem its the same thing.

It should work fine...only E176 & E1750/E1752 are known to have issues. Still I am not 100% sure though....may be someone from west zone can confirm the same. "logistopath" might have good idea on this.

rishabh.asthana said:
facing a problem here in IDM when downloading files from any file hosting service (RS/FS premium) some files download and some dont...i mean one file from the same host is downloading without any problem but another file hosted on the same service gives timeout error. When i download the same file on my BSNL brodband over WiFi it downloads without any problem meaning the file is not deleted. Also the disconnection problem has again...i am using E122 on a win7 machine
yeah even i'm facing the same problem when downloading from HF/FS using idm.While downloading if it gives timeout error i refresh the download address of that file and then i can download that file again.

These days i'm encountering lots of problems with BSNL 3G and IDM.Hope they get resolved real quick.

@Supra & raks: No idea. Like you have mentioned, those three are known to not work in West Zone. I now have an E122 which works flawlessly (touchwood..) except for the minor problems at BSNL's end.

raksrules said:
In that case i cannot go ahead with the UMG 181 unless i am 100% sure it works in west zone. God knows what is different here :mad:
why not try the zte k4505 then?
Or you can wait till it becomes easily available in the market.
I had seen a huawei UMG1831 seller on ebay. He was from mumbai. If you are concerned for the shipping costs.

Actually there is a FS thread for UMG 181 for 2.1k and hence was asking. For E122 i need to wait until it comes back in stock at dvdstore.

UMG 1831 is something i am trying not to opt since many people here are facing issues with the same.

^^ But none other than BSNL will have truly unlimited plans. So it goes to waste for heavy downloaders who are the majority in these threads

Back