BSNL 3G Thread

@strategy, first of all UMG1831, by-default will have T-mobile software, not the mobile partner! And second check your PC device manager whether all the drivers have been installed. I suspect your hardware drivers not installed properly, and atleast minimum 3 entry should be there in your device manager with name of "Huawei..."

there is no T-moblie software , its just mobile partner here.

and yeah you seem to be right , my device has not been detected as modem , How do i install the modem drivers.

is detected as a storage device only :(

sg3707 said:
freeze = Total system hang. Not even the mouse pointer can be moved. No BSOD either (Got BSOD only twice). It has happened with different systems. There is no fixed cause. It happens very suddenly.

Modem Issues is also there. Disconnections after every few hours even though signal is there.

The modem is from the first batch. Actually I bought this for a friend. He was using it with Sony Laptop and because of the issue gave it to me to test and I am also facing the same issue. Searched the internet and found out few of them are having the same issue due to AVG anti virus. I unistalled my Kaspersky but still the issue is there.

After a long time 3G Speeds seem to improve and now Modem is not working properly :S

My issue seems to be resolved temporarily. This seems be an issue with win7 and this particular model modem drivers. I tried different thing but the below hotfix seems to work.

Software - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

If any of you are experiencing BSOD's, system Freeze, frequent disconnection with UMG1831 please try the above hotfix and see if it solves ur issues.

strategy said:
bought a new one, from a ebay seller, his page said that it has been opened for unlocking ! , but it surely looks NEW !
I have received UMG1831 from ebay seller but the modem pack was opened. He also informed the same.
How do i know that it is a new one.

I received modem in the morning, hence i havent tested much yet but checked for 1 hour and no disconnection. I have installed Tmobile software but cant find Tmobile connect client. After installation it asked for restart and after restart no Tmobile client. I have tried with Mobile partner from E122 and i got connected. With 22 to 35% signal, i am getting speed around 1.5mbps to 2mpbs. I would uninstall mobile partner and install Tmobile software again

^ With the recent failure rate of the UMG1831, IMO it was a good practice to open and test the modem. Will save the hastle of returning it etc in case of DOA.

maddy_in65 said:
I have received UMG1831 from ebay seller but the modem pack was opened. He also informed the same.

I received modem in the morning, hence i havent tested much yet but checked for 1 hour and no disconnection. I have installed Tmobile software but cant find Tmobile connect client. After installation it asked for restart and after restart no Tmobile client. I have tried with Mobile partner from E122 and i got connected. With 22 to 35% signal, i am getting speed around 1.5mbps to 2mpbs. I would uninstall mobile partner and install Tmobile software again
Which seller you got it from and for how much and how much time did it take for delivery ??

Link please.

strategy said:
bought a new one, from a ebay seller, his page said that it has been opened for unlocking ! , but it surely looks NEW !
Though i'm not 100% sure, New ones comes with T-mobile webconnect dashboard and not mobile partner! Myself bought 2 UMG1831 modems and it was like that only. May be during unlocking, your seller might be updated the dashboard too...

I have a question. I am using BSNL 3g card with a usb modem for last 1.5 months. I paid 2110 Rs. for it and I bought it from Pune. I have received 2GB data usage free with this plan. Now, my question is, is it true that you also get 5GB free data usage for the night with this card? Can anyone from Pune using this modem please confirm?

Abhi.

smnrock said:
Though i'm not 100% sure, New ones comes with T-mobile webconnect dashboard and not mobile partner! Myself bought 2 UMG1831 modems and it was like that only. May be during unlocking, your seller might be updated the dashboard too...
Most of these modems are sourced from China and it comes unlocked. The seller might have opened it, tested and upgraded to the latest dashboard which is why he may have got it preinstalled with Mobile Partner.

If its working fine...no point tinkering much....all you need is the windows dialer.....T-Mobile software/Mobile-Partner both are bloatwares :p

Just connect via windows dialer (with redial and reconnect automatically enabled)....and enjoy the speed. If its working fine no need to feel greedy and try to update the firmware and get more speed :p

The utility will help in resetting usb, so that modem drivers can be installed, when you install mobile partner, the drivers for the modem should have also got installed.

raksrules said:
Which seller you got it from and for how much and how much time did it take for delivery ??
Link please.

I bought it from pareshwins (Royal tech mumbai) ebay seller. It was shipped after 10 days as seller informed that his shipment was stuck with customs. He asked me for shipment extension. I cant paste link now as ebay blocked in the office. It cost me around 2400 with 10% off coupan and actual price is Rs. 2900.

Back