BSNL 3G Thread

thanks for replying,

if i am using it in mtnl network..??

suppose i recharge(4200 rs) in punjab and i i use it in mtnl network of mumbai??? then also it will be free na???

amit.mastermind said:
thanks for replying,
if i am using it in mtnl network..??
suppose i recharge(4200 rs) in punjab and i i use it in mtnl network of mumbai??? then also it will be free na???
@Mastermind: I think @Sandy has already replied to your question. @Sandy's reply stays true unless Punjab moves out of India :D lol

err, Guys I need your urgent help.... :(

I bought a new BSNL 3G sim card yesterday, and then Recharged it with FRC 120(so the total cost was 59+120) and then additional topup was done with 120.

The problem is my 3g is working worse then 2g gprs. Max speeds being 70 kilo bits. download speed 10 kilobytes.

>UMTS is selected on my phones(N79,N97,G3,hero) tried in these 4 phones

> signal quality is UMTS is middling to good; earlier when I used to use 3g I used to get decent 1mbps

>Now when I dial *123# it shows my main balance as "123" and gprs as "119.61"

Hey Guys hows Bsnl 3G on blackberry ? anyone tried it ?, im planning to move from VF BB to BSNL just cos of the 3G, 1k per month unlimited seems promising, can i use my Bold 2 as a modem and connect to internet via Tethering ?

7days unlimited with frc120 is still available ??? today i went to bsnl CSC and that fellow told all offers are overs and there are no such offers now.so can anyone plzz confirm the same with CC or personal experience ????? I want to activate it if it is still there ..

@aka911: Strange from what all you have told its really diff to pinpoint why u r getting low speeds. I wud suggest to try in a USB modem also.... or maybe try it in a differnt area/city if possible :)

@funkykid: The one week trial is over now..... Even the 4200 Diwali scheme will end b4 Jan end.

@ryanrulez4ever: Depends on many other factors also like the 3G coverage you get at your place and the max speed the device supports.
Many expensive handsets have 3G support but the speeds range from 384kbps to 14.4mbps. Best option is get a BSNL 3G prepaid card and try it out for few days.
This may cost roughly: Sim-> Rs58. FRC Rs 120 and additional 500mb at Rs197.

I returned a faulty UMG 1381 to the seller back today. Advise all forum members to test the UMG 1381 modems properly. Many ppl have been complaining of the same model. For some it has worked very beautifully but for many it is causing problems like : getting very hot, disconnecting every 1minute or even crashing...

Hmm UNG 1831 right ?

i too have ordered one , it will be reaching me tomorrow or today.

BTW, the 4200 recharge ends this month right ?

so after my 6 months end , i'll do the 1500 recharge , are you telling me that wont be free roaming ( free roaming for net )

^^ Right.
And I never mentioned anything about the roaming. As of today BSNL is not charging anything for data usage on roamining for 3G. Lets just hope it stays the same....
Even the 1500plan has roaming data usage at no extra cost.
But thats still 4-6 months away... so dnt think too much....and enjoy the 4200 for now...

i bought a bsnl 3g sim today. but my speed is only 250 kbps. i am using it with umg1831. Signal strength in mobile partner is showing 95% and network is WCDMA Dolphin Cellone Roaming. Please help me. Do you think there may me a problem in Data Card. please reply.

apextwin146 said:
What kinda Speeds are bangalore people enjoying now?

Speeds are not bad.. Getting a constant 300kbps+. Pretty satisfied :eek:hyeah:
Used to get 600+ before. Nothing close to it now :no:
Btw i get only 42% signal. Using e1750.

Revolution said:
Can anyone give me detail info about BSNL 3G DATA cards ?

My friend only want to use BSNL SIM not other SIMs.....

:: BSNL 3G ::

Sale price of BSNL USB type HSDPA data cards. Seek reviews before buy.

1. Linktop / LW272 3.6 MBPS Single Band 2000/-

2. Linktop / LW273 7.2 MBPS Tri Band 2500/-

Back