BSNL 3G Thread

need to ask something..

I have done the 2500 last dec and it should last till next feb end.

But the 4200 recharge is till jan end r8?.. Or did they extended the duration? Or is it permanent? Since they added to the online portal and all....

raksrules said:
Ok so now please suggest which modem should i buy, from where and how much will it cost.

Read few things on TE about the UMG181 killing SIM cards. Is it true ?

Is that sub 1.5k modem started to be available (the one that futurebazaar was gonna sell) ??
Any answers for this. The cheapest E122 I could find on ebay was 2599/- by a seller having 10 feedback (All positive). Is it a better buy ATM?

Parv said:
^^ I had tried same, but it's not connecting :(
Do you have any balance on your sim ? If not then do some top up of 50 rupees or so and then try connecting to net.Mind that 50 rupees will get over quickly if download a bit.

@bigbyte 2600?/- is a bit costly and also you can get umg 1831 for few hundred bucks more. But from my own experience i would say e122 is one of the best 7.2 mbps modem available. Ive been using it heavily from last two and a half months without any kind of problem and compared to umg 1831, e122 runs much cooler.

It seems they have removed the 1500 unlimited from the portal (atleast for my number) so I have a feeling Unlimited plans might be canned Are others able to get the ul recharge in the portal (one month recharge ie) ?

Lakshmish said:
@bigbyte 2600?/- is a bit costly and also you can get umg 1831 for few hundred bucks more. But from my own experience i would say e122 is one of the best 7.2 mbps modem available. Ive been using it heavily from last two and a half months without any kind of problem and compared to umg 1831, e122 runs much cooler.
These are exactly my thoughts. I've to give this modem to my sister and hence I want some thing which is most reliable and I'm not very much after the high speeds offered by UMG as the network will be too congested to give this kind of speed. Rs. 2600 is of course a high price specially after dvdstoredelhi offered it for 2250.

I have ordered UMG 1831 from one of the ebay seller (not from DVDStoredelhi) for voice calls and futureproof 21mpbs speed, but after reading such experience i think i am waisting my money. The dealer havent shipped the modem from 7 days yet. I think he is out of stock now. When i called him, he told me that he would ship it asap. I am praying to get new nofault modem.

Lakshmish said:
+1... Exact same feedback for the E122. It does the job very well as of now... And its still atleast a year or so when BSNL will upgrade to speeds beyond 7mbps. Till then thr may be some other better modems available at good rates.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@maddy_in65 : Go ahead with ur deal if you are getting it below 3K. The 1831 is a better modem than E122 but unfortunately recently there was a bad lot...
Thr r many ppl on TE who purchased umg 1831 before a month or so and many who purchased it from other sources than @DVDStore ... its working fine for them ...

Yea, 1831 is not a bad modem at all, only in the current lot that people bought some issues have come up.I had my 1831 for more than a month,never faced any issues and it worked pretty well. Now i am using k4505 and its a great modem too, have not faced any issues and its running non stop for last 24 hours.

i dont know what these people keep on doing... every now and then we continue to face this issue :(

For me its like some time some sites opening and some are not opening... if i disconnect and reconnect, reverse is happening.. ie.. whatever sites is not opened prevoius attempts opening and whichever opened is not opening now :( for eg, i wanted to use dropbox as well XDA, when XDA is working, dropbox fails and vice-versa.

Back