BSNL 3G Thread

well here in Pune they have said its just due to network congestion. Yesterday they did some thing to the tower near my house after which my connection is working well and did not disconnect from 5pm yesterday.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1116301115.png
This is what I just got.
The BSNL engineer even said that during evening I may face speed issues just coz of congestion. This does happen to me too that sometimes even simple webpages dont open. But its only for an hour or two max....

amit25589 said:
ayla thats the word of mumbai

u learned it from me??? :p

4200 worth recharge no plans of ny 3g service provider will be nearer to it

Dunno... most prolly yea. :p... u taught me garbage language man.. :mad:

hhheheheh...

Anyways but the current 2500 is valid till feb end... and the UL from BSNL till jan end. really confused wether to do that 4200.

and if i do the 4200 wether the plan will be updated as such or not.. :S

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

meaning my plan is still for feb end..wether the updated will start from this month end to next 6 months or not..

anyways will see what i get in feb end

bigbyte said:
@Dushie How much you paid for K4505 and source of purchase. Ebay?
Yep, i got it from ebay through clickcents, he has got fresh stock of the same. 3.9k was the price

Supra said:
@ Dushie---Dont tell me u bought that K4505 for 3900 ! Is it worth so much cash :p
Supra, from the first day i wanted to buy the k4505, but never found it in stock anywhere, hence bought the 1831 at that time.Now that i have got the k4505, i would be giving off the 1831 to a fiend. In the last 48 hours of usage, i have found the modem to be pretty stable, no heat issues, no disconnection issues. I have just connected it with my router and left it. using all the systems at home on wireless with the same.

strategy said:
+1, where did you get the K4505 from

But the same dealer has 1831 at 3.9K too , so i think when more dealers get them, they might get cheaper ! :)
It was posted on ebay, last week and i bought the same, the seller had few pieces in stock. Yea, as more stocks come in it will get cheaper, thats the way technology goes. I still remember couple of months back this modem was being sold for 4.5k when i was looking to buy one.

The speedtest is shwoing good speeds today, but browsign is a challenge facebook timing out at times and gtalk not connecting properly.

Today's speeds : -

Ok so i had a talk with the kirana store near my home and told him that i will come today evening for the 4200 recharge. Also before that yesterday night, i checked the speed and connection at my home using a Nokia C5 connected to my laptop and got speeds of 260+ kBps on private trackers. Did not download much as i was utilizing my main balance.

m-jeri said:
meaning my plan is still for feb end..wether the updated will start from this month end to next 6 months or not..

anyways will see what i get in feb end
Since this is recharge and not topup it will override ur existing plan and u will lose a months data usage which is remaining on ur old plan.
And if u recharge the 4200 it will start from the same day of recharge and is valid for next six months. The old 2500 plan is lost...There is no carry forward thing here..
Hope that helps....

^^

Got it... :) ....

Let me see if i can do it... next 700/- for UL connection for 6 months is very nice

850 bucks loss... :( :( ...

will see this month end

Can anyone tell me that after recharging for 4200 and getting the message, how much time i need to wait before i can start using 3G without risking my main balance ?

U R all set as soon as u get the message :)
But as this is Ram Bharose BSNL... I suggest u surf a little and check ur balance....
Just to be xtra sure....

@sg3707: By system freeze do u mean a total system hang or OS is working fine just ur modem is not working/connecting. If the latter one then U may have recd one of the many faulty UMG 1831s that are going around recently. BTW where did u get the modem from?
I am presuming this modem is new and U have not played with the firmware.

freeze = Total system hang. Not even the mouse pointer can be moved. No BSOD either (Got BSOD only twice). It has happened with different systems. There is no fixed cause. It happens very suddenly.

Modem Issues is also there. Disconnections after every few hours even though signal is there.

The modem is from the first batch. Actually I bought this for a friend. He was using it with Sony Laptop and because of the issue gave it to me to test and I am also facing the same issue. Searched the internet and found out few of them are having the same issue due to AVG anti virus. I unistalled my Kaspersky but still the issue is there.

After a long time 3G Speeds seem to improve and now Modem is not working properly :S

Bsnl portal sucks, the website works fine till the last step when they get the money and after that no response and no recharge :mad: Is the refund system automatic or we have to give some complaint for bsnl portal related recharge failures?

Sorry dude. I mean to say Firmware was updated already but still issue is there. There is no way to replicate it but to wait for it to happen.

ohh my bad :)
With the scenarios u have listed it only seems that for some reason this device has gone kaput... If its in warranty then ...... :)

Speeds in Pune(atleast Viman nagar area) seem to have improved for last 2 days... except for some glitches for a hour a day or so...
Vijaywada members: BSNL is serving 7mbps I heard... hows it so far... please let us all know....

smnrock said:
i dont know what these people keep on doing... every now and then we continue to face this issue :(
For me its like some time some sites opening and some are not opening... if i disconnect and reconnect, reverse is happening.. ie.. whatever sites is not opened prevoius attempts opening and whichever opened is not opening now :( for eg, i wanted to use dropbox as well XDA, when XDA is working, dropbox fails and vice-versa.

Am facing the same problem.. Disconnect and reconnect, the reverse happens. But I am getting upwards of 500kBps in torrents so cannot really complain.

Back