BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Error 628. I think something might be wrong at BSNL's end. as rest of the config looks fine. ask them up if any issue particularly at your BTS.

For the new connections with a 10 digit number mobile number starting with 9, you need to configure the MIN differently ie the last 10 digits of the SIM/RUIM number.

@varkey thanx for the heads up. didnt know that. Mine is local connection but i was able to use it in Kolhapur (MH) last month.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi @varkey @cisco_tech. I checked the SIM number. The format is - First 6 are characters and then next 9 are numbers like AAAAAA000000000

In that case how can I enter 10 digits needed? like for MIN A and MIN D it has 10 digits needed.

Remaining configuration seems ok. Only not able to connect :( See the before and after screens. When I launch watchr is the first screen and when I click on connect is the second screen. I tried by creating a dial up connection and it gives 628 error. Signal strength is ok and via Prithvi I am able to connect without any issues.

image.jpg

@prtk : Then you need to read the current values from the Prithvi. In my case the last 10 digits were all numbers and MIN was the same when I checked using DFS etc.

Unless you give the correct MIN value I don't think it will work. It may show signal, but will not connect.

@varkey yes exactly thats the issue! I am not able to read values via DFS for Prithvi. Not sure why but only when I connect Prithvi and try connecting via DFS it says searching device and does nothing. Let me see if I am able to get values from somewhere. Thanks for the help.

@prtk check configuration via Sierra's inbuilt modem config utility.
Open watcher and point mouse anywhere inside watcher window. Press ctrl+D then type ##DEBUG
Now click on Menu window and go to modem configuration.

The signal vanishing happens when ESN has been changed . If you go to original esn and then try connecting the signal will not vanish . I also have a 595U where same thing happens . It happens in few not all . Mine was affected and others also did it with no issues , so just luck .

@prtk check configuration via Sierra's inbuilt modem config utility.
Open watcher and point mouse anywhere inside watcher window. Press ctrl+D then type ##DEBUG
Now click on Menu window and go to modem configuration.
@cisco_tech Ok will check and see what happens.

The signal vanishing happens when ESN has been changed . If you go to original esn and then try connecting the signal will not vanish . I also have a 595U where same thing happens . It happens in few not all . Mine was affected and others also did it with no issues , so just luck .
Ok not sure what that means. I have not changed any ESN. Its same as that came with the modem. The modem was completely sealed / new. So what would be the remedy? Or the modem is of no use?

@cisco_tech Ok will check and see what happens.

Ok not sure what that means. I have not changed any ESN. Its same as that came with the modem. The modem was completely sealed / new. So what would be the remedy? Or the modem is of no use?
If the esn is not of the RUIM then how will it connect .... or your connection is registered with 595U esn ?

^ +1

@prtk : I think you should go through the thread from the beginning to get an idea on how the whole thing works.

The ESN and and all details configured in the Sierra should match the RUIM. If all I needed was your phone number to create a clone of your connection, don't you think that's a bigger problem? ;)

@cisco_tech after ctr+D and debug > it again asks for some password in modem config. So unable to check that
@kuduku Any screenshot available for that?

@cisco_tech after ctr+D and debug > it again asks for some password in modem config. So unable to check that
@kuduku Any screenshot available for that?
There is a esn updating utility in thread use that and get the esn from your RUIM . As varkey said go back and read the thread . ciscotech has already given you all screenshots , i also have the same in dropbox . Tell me if you wan those also
Any settings wouldnt work till esn is correct , thats is what is registered with your mobile number in BSNL servers

@cisco_tech @kuduku - ok made all necessary mods yet unable to connect - still the 628 error. With prithvi it connects fine. So now will see if anyone has the new SIM 10 digit connection and prithvi and will try to get data from it as when I enter my modem its unable to read data from it due to some reason.

@kuduku @cisco_tech @varkey ............. I recently got transferred from Jamshedpur(Jharkhand) to Bharuch(Gujarat). Actually my modem is working in only EVDO mode, I have a problem in registering in 1X, due of this i'm unable to do calls,check balance,validity,etc..

I contacted the nearby BSNL office and the JTO asked me about my EVDO number,configuration (user/pass),etc. I given her my Number as::
0657-293XXXX, User: 657293XXXX@AAAKO.IN, Pass: 657293XXXX.

After some times they call me and said that i have a WLL number (local) : And for getting 1X registered I must do the Nationalization of my number by converting it into 9XXXXXXXXXX (starting from 9)

Is this true? and how can i convert into Nationalized number ??

@kuduku @cisco_tech @varkey ............. I recently got transferred from Jamshedpur(Jharkhand) to Bharuch(Gujarat). Actually my modem is working in only EVDO mode, I have a problem in registering in 1X, due of this i'm unable to do calls,check balance,validity,etc..

I contacted the nearby BSNL office and the JTO asked me about my EVDO number,configuration (user/pass),etc. I given her my Number as::
0657-293XXXX, User: 657293XXXX@AAAKO.IN, Pass: 657293XXXX.

After some times they call me and said that i have a WLL number (local) : And for getting 1X registered I must do the Nationalization of my number by converting it into 9XXXXXXXXXX (starting from 9)

Is this true? and how can i convert into Nationalized number ??
Not true
My number is Rajasthan number and i have used it in Delhi , Punjab UP and using it in WB . So thats wrong . Converting can be done in your BSNL office who gave you the connection . Your setting might be a culprit here . 1x authentication entered might be wrong

Got an BSNL EVDO Card today,Speed is Horrible :p Barely Tipping 30KB/s :( Signal Strength -84dbm[Bad?] Surprisingly the Exchange isnt even a 100m away :facepalm:

EDIT:- It gets to 60KB/s with time fluctuates too much :dead:

PS:- Anyone got any Extra 595U's ?

Hi I'm also new to discussion.. haven't gone through entire thread but do bsnl guys are capping speeds on EVDO card. I have got new prithvi modem U100 and barely i get 250kbps normally. the speeds sometimes spikes to 500-600kbps but it doesnt settles. on top of it I'm using 800 MHz repeater in my home and I get max. possible signal on it. it doesn't seem to show better than -79dbm but there should be some program to check real dbm values as my other phones get unbelievable signals upto -49 dbm

PS: I'm from Nagpur and checked the speeds in different areas. but didn't seem to get better speeds.. I expected atleast around 800kbps-1mbps on this.

Got an BSNL EVDO Card today,Speed is Horrible :p Barely Tipping 30KB/s :( Signal Strength -84dbm[Bad?] Surprisingly the Exchange isnt even a 100m away :facepalm:

EDIT:- It gets to 60KB/s with time fluctuates too much :dead:

PS:- Anyone got any Extra 595U's ?
i have one lying around, since i never managed to get a cdma sim or a cdma modem to set up the 595u. pm me if interested...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back