BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a RUIM based old ZTE EVDO modem with TN settings.

Planning to get a CDMA SIM from TN and activate 750 UL plan for a month. Planning to use it near Kundalahalli Gate, Bangalore. Any Blore users can confirm whether there is good signal range around this area.

@varkey - The BSNL lady said Rs.399 for activation and Rs.100 for SIM if I have device. But i guess its Rs.350 for activation for prepaid EVDO right?

Or can I just get a regular CDMA SIM for cheap and then activate EVDO internet on it? (BSNL site says CDMA prepaid RUIM will be 1x and EVDO enabled) Also I guess there is no issue to use TN EVDO in Blore without a change in settings?

Last edited by a moderator:
@DarkAngel : Just don't mention EVDO when you visit the CSC. Just tell them you need a normal CDMA voice connection, they'll charge you Rs 50-100 including FRC.

EVDO is activated by default, you can enable/disable plans etc through the CDMA portal very easily.

^ You will probably need to complete the tele verification process before the SIM is activated.

Yes, that's the portal.

@varkey You mean the SIM will be activated only after its verified through voice call? My modem is ZTE AC8700. Supports voice calls?

Or should I just get it saying its for EVDO? Will I get talk time benefits for the Rs.350 activation? (Update: Guess no free usage value for it)

Initially planning to activate the 2GB Rs.200 plan and use it for couple of weeks before activating the Rs.750 UL plan. Though I saw news that BSNL has a new 2Gb Rs.200 and 5GB Rs.400 EVDO plans couldn't find details under STV. It exists?

Sorry for lots of questions.

^ Yes, I believe that's the norm for all new connections. Yes you can use your ZTE modem itself for the voice calls.
If you bring your own device, you won't get the activation benefits.

@varkey final question : Should I call some number to activate the cdma SIM? Or hook up the modem and wait for a call to activate it?

Guys i want to configure my Serria 598U, please help me to configure it. I have the RUIM. I extract the information except the Home SID & NID through the Tata Indicom CDMA 1x USB Modem(SXC - 1080) using cdma workshop demo.
The problem is i have got the user id, password and phone no. User id and password have the same 10 digit but the phone no is different. so what do i do in the underlined section below and also Kolkata SID & NID...
Thanks
@hayabusa_ryu after all the pms , I am writing it here
open diagnostic port in DFS
Unlock it with SPC or password
DFS NAM
MIN A and MIN D are your tele number with STD CODE
MCC 404 for India & MNC 00
PCH SCH A & B read from RUIM/ZTE or ask BSNL office
AOC A & D is always last digit of your mobile number
SCI DEFAULT generally 2 and 2A
CAI DEFAULT 6 & 0
MDN & PCS is your mobile number with STD code
NAME & BANNER as you wish
IMSI T leave it
HOME SID & NID from your RUIM/ZTE or ask BSNL
LOCK SID & NID 0 ,0
ACQ SID & LOCK SID BLANK
VOCODER All enabled or default
Home Page , Home Origin and Roam origin al V13K
PRL load from RUIM/ZTE

DATA
fill in mobilebnumber with STD code and @ whatever BSNL gives like in North India
username 011xxxxxx@AAAND.IN
password 011xxxxxx

Active config Rev A

Mobile IP
SIMPLE IP
Current user profile NAI 011xxxxxx@AAAND.IN
RMNAI 011xxxxxx@AAAND.IN
DMU PKOID 10

Read each TAB and write
and finally reset after all writes
DONT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE IF NOT REQUIRED . LEAVE IT BLANKED OR DEFAULT IF NOT REQUIRED .Do this

Guys i want to configure my Serria 598U, please help me to configure it. I have the RUIM. I extract the information except the Home SID & NID through the Tata Indicom CDMA 1x USB Modem(SXC - 1080) using cdma workshop demo.
The problem is i have got the user id, password and phone no. User id and password have the same 10 digit but the phone no is different. so what do i do in the underlined section below and also Kolkata SID & NID...
Thanks
How can it be possible , phone number and username have to be same
or did BSNL change their configuration ?
Why dont you use DFS its free and does everything what we require to do

Thanks for reply...I don't know but the phone no is different, User ID-9181******@AAAKO.IN, Pswd-9181******, and the phone no is 9197******.When i read the NAM the MIN value shows 9181******.

Actually the tata indicom modem has the drivers for xp only so i use the cdma workshop(DFS is not running in XP).
BTW i got the remaining settings using cdma workshop 2.7 cracked.
I send u the picture please check it...

How can it be possible , phone number and username have to be same
or did BSNL change their configuration ?
Why dont you use DFS its free and does everything what we require to do

The new 9 series numbers have a different configuration. Phone number and username are different.[DOUBLEPOST=1367172706][/DOUBLEPOST]@doom2010 : You need to read the values from the RUIM and write the same values to the Sierra.

Atleast in Kerala, the username/min is the last 10 digits of the RUIM number printed on the RUIM. The 10 digit phone number starting with 9 is not configured or used anywhere.

Ok i try to copy the value...

AOC A & D is always last digit of your mobile number

MDN & PCS is your mobile number with STD code

But what do i do in the above spec?

MDN/PCS are not really used I guess. You can put your 10 digit mobile number there although mine is set to some default value which came with the modem.

AOC is usually defaulted to the last digit of the number, you could try the same.

MDN/PCS are not really used I guess. You can put your 10 digit mobile number there although mine is set to some default value which came with the modem.

AOC is usually defaulted to the last digit of the number, you could try the same.
Yes AOC is the the last digit of the number

I can't change the settings from the DFS but i can change the value from cdma workshop but not the esn, it shows "Failed. E** has not been changed"

Well don't know if there are some specific software's to download.As per the inputs and directions i have already downloaded DFS,QPST. Also have downloaded the Sierra unlock utility and the watcher utility from the links already present in this thread.

Links: -
Sierra smart View Utility : -
http://www6.sprint.com/downloads/sprint_smartview/executables/SSV_Windows2.50.0094.exe

Sierra CDMA spc unlocker: - (cisco_tech posted this one, was working fine couple of hours back)
http://atcommander.com/public/SierraCDMA.zip
Watcher utility Sierra : -
http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/sitecore/content/Sierra%20Wireless/Support/Downloads/AirCard/Legacy_Products/~/media/Support_Downloads/AirCard/software/watcher/Build2156/Watcher_gen_2156.ashx

DFS Download link : -
www.cdmatool.com/Download

i have been playing around with DFS for a while as i unlocked couple of reliance modems today to read my sim card but unfortunately post reconnecting they revert back to NV_only setting.So still need to read information of my sim in the modem.

Also have installed the drivers and software of Sierra modem on my laptop and it installed properly. The only worry is to arrange a modem to read the info from the sim card.Post which i would take help and the steps to get this going.

Just got an update that the second modem has reached Mumbai and it will be arriving in couple of days time.
Thanks for the inputs cisco_tech.It was of great help.

Can u guys give me the Sierra CDMA spc unlocker? Above link is not work anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back