BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know about any Rs 94 plan which gives 2mbps internet till some limited and then with reduced speed, valid for a month on reliance?

Does anyone know about any Rs 94 plan which gives 2mbps internet till some limited and then with reduced speed, valid for a month on reliance?

The Rs 94 plan gives 1 GB high speed data every month along with 200 or 100 local/national SMS per day for the next 6 months.

@sagar.sdm : Just ask for a normal CDMA Voice SIM/RUIM, will cost you maybe Rs 30-50. No need to tell them about EVDO or anything. Now you can insert that into any unlocked modem which takes a RUIM and try it out.

I have procured a ZTE AC2746 data card from a friend. And bought a prepaid BSNL CDMA RUIM card to use it with the above mentioned data card to check the signal strength at my place. But AC2746 data card does not seem to have a proper RUIM slot. Does anyone who has had first hand experience with this card confirm this, please? @kaneunderground

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Last edited by a moderator:
I have procured a ZTE AC2746 data card from a friend. And bought a prepaid BSNL CDMA RUIM card to use it with the above mentioned data card to check the signal strength at my place. But AC2746 data card does not seem to have a proper RUIM slot. Does anyone who has had first hand experience with this card confirm this, please? kaneunderground

AC2746 does have ruim slot, but it does not latch to evdo but only 1x in my case with bsnl sim

spare bsnl prithvi modem lying unused from day one .. If interested plz pm will create selling thread .

Interested. In my present state, interested in any EVDO modem.

Edit: Oh yes, YGPM

YGPM. Please respond.

PMed him many days ago. Still haven't got a reply.

I have procured a ZTE AC2746 data card from a friend. And bought a prepaid BSNL CDMA RUIM card to use it with the above mentioned data card to check the signal strength at my place. But AC2746 data card does not seem to have a proper RUIM slot. Does anyone who has had first hand experience with this card confirm this, please? @kaneunderground

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
AC2746 does have ruim slot, but it does not latch to evdo but only 1x in my case with bsnl sim

You need to do NAM settings to get EVDO. Feed BSNL NAM into the modem using CDMA workshop or DFS tools. Not that easy but I am sure you can find a tutorial somewhere, maybe in the same thread. I know one guy from OLX who charges Rs 100 to do this but I don't think its worth it. These things are better as DYI.

This is my Airtel 3g Speedtest Report :

2533236302.png

And this is my EvDO Download Speed :
AuditmyPC Speedtest.jpg

And this is combined speed of both Airtel 3g and BSNL EvDO :
Airtel 3g & BSNL EVDO.jpg Airtel 3g & BSNL EVDO_1.jpg Airtel 3g & BSNL EVDO_3.jpg

And this is the Video :

Thanks for watching.

hi @hayabusa_ryu, how much download speed u get in IDM, i am currently using aircel 2g/3g packs and after 3gquota gets over it suckx, AFAIK bsnl evdo don't have any FUP and is true 'UNLIMTED' plan LMK

hi hayabusa_ryu, how much download speed u get in IDM, i am currently using aircel 2g/3g packs and after 3gquota gets over it suckx, AFAIK bsnl evdo don't have any FUP and is true 'UNLIMTED' plan LMK

With Airtel 3g, I get around 700(avg)-850)kBps(during low congestion) and with BSNL EvDO I get around 350-370kBps. In the above post I posted combined speed which is more than 1MBps.

i learned a typical pattern in evdo...when i used my dad's evdo in guna(the connection was taken there), i used to get 200-250 kbps sometimes boosting to even 300. then i came to indore and took the evdo with me, now the highest i ever get is 150 and normally i get 80-100 kbps... i have seen same pattern with many users.. dont know the reason :(

I have been following the thread for quite some time and I wanted a modem for BSNL EVDO so I started the thread
http://www.techenclave.com/communit...with-external-antenna-any-suggestions.145509/

Still waiting for someone to suggest a modem or if anyone already has a modem I would be interested in buying on.

Conditions are :
1. It must have external antenna port
2. Must connect to BSNL EVDO in EVDO Mode. I had purchased an evdo modem from ebay some time back (those unlocked EVDO modems with some custom dialer) but it would connect only in 1X mode and never under EVDO mode.

Thank you and hope to receive a reply.

I, too, would like to know if anyone is using Prithvi modem with a wifi router.
I have a Asus RT-N13U B1. Would love to make the EVDO work on it.
Anyone managed to do that yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back