Budget 90k+ Build for Content Creation | 4K-8K | Graphics etc - upto 1.7L

Some Concluding Thoughts on this Build

Extremely grateful to @n1r0 and @powervgx plus others who helped me stay in focus and chose the best options - and yeah thanks to @dvader who put some sense into my head :p that my WIFIE is more important than the 13900K :D
- Glad to know that on TE - folks love their spouses more than these crazy PC builds :wacky:

1. Making only one change - MONITOR: going for the BENQ PD2700U – 27 INCH 60 HZ 4 MS instead of LG 27GN950-B 27-INCH 4K UHD 144HZ 1MS - as although Benq is an old 2018 model is truly the BEST Bang for the Buck for Content Creators.

2. Dropped the idea of a 13900K as it was Rs 24300 more and I would be broke:drowning:. I also considered - if I should put this amount into a 3070Ti and then dropped that too. Reason being - I would rather check out the current chosen build for the first six months or so and then decide - if there are any justifiable reasons to upgrade (CPU + GPU) in my own work scenario (apart from the fact that prices will cool down) with the arrival of Intel Meteor Lake / Arrow Lake procs.

3. Final Cost is approx Rs 172,200 and looking at clarioncomputers from Kolkata to close the deal (its main person Mr Vikas Agarwal has been extremely helpful and approachable during the past few days.

This is most likely to be my final build.

View attachment 161316View attachment 161317
UPDATE

I have procured all the above parts EXACTLY as mentioned from ClarionComputers - delivery was within 4 days from Koltata to Mumbai.
SYSTEM Final setup is Still a W.I.P and I sought help from Deep Computer & Laptop Services - Andheri (East) Mumbai
Had to also invest in getting an official licensed Windows 11 Pro (Rs 9K) :cool::banhappy:

STILL - A LOT Remains to be tuned in this Setup [Assembled on a Thermaltake The Tower 900 - Snow Edition - with 9 Fans] + 4 HDD's and an 500GB Samsung SSD drive
The Cooler (Old Noctua NH-C14) - I had to remove the lower fan - as it was interfering with the DDR5 ram heights].

Project drive / Cache Drive etc needs to be configured for Adobe
Fans & System RGB/ARGB still not tuned to perfection
I have total 3 monitors [Primary is BenQ 2160p, secondary is an old dell 23" 2K and last is a 7" display monitor (used with NZXT Hue+) - inside the cabinet - for System Temps / Fan Speeds etc]

Will post images once - If I can get all this going precisely as envisioned. :D

Last edited:
This is the final tech specs of my new system
NZXT_01.png
NZXT_02.png

This is the final tech specs of my new system View attachment 162622View attachment 162623
UPDATE

I am facing a dilemma with having ordered & received the ASUS TUF Gaming 1000W Gold PSU just a few days back from Amazon (June 8th 2023)
Initial testing was done by connecting it to my RIG from outside only - BUT I COULD NOT POWER ON MY SYSTEM AT ALL :arghh: - with all my multiple HDD's disconnected etc & later even my GPU - Asus TUF Gaming RTX 3060 OC 12GB
(Just a few of my system fans were running - that's all)
BUT THE 1000W PSU UNIT FAN WAS NOT RUNNING AT ALL

I initiated a refund from Amazon (which they refuse - but their tech support heard me out for over 35 mins - as I been a customer from 2009 & Prime member too having spend lakhs on various products - and rarely even returned any items). The replacement is arriving today :D

AM I GOING WRONG SOMEWHERE - with the latest gen of technology & system components.
1. Was this product defective?
2. What if the replacement of the ASUS TUF Gaming 1000W Gold - also does not work :arghh:
3. Does one have to connect all your devices so that a 1000W PSU recognizes the load it needs to handle ? For the initial testing only
4. What is this

0dB Technology​

Quiet intelligence
An onboard controller brings the 135mm fan to a standstill when thermal design power (TDP) is below 40%, letting you enjoy light gaming in relative silence. Above 40% TDP, the fans automatically start up again.
5. A local trusted dealer "DEEP Computer & Services" from Andheri East, Mumbai (who have well qualified technicians too) had suggested that I go for ASUS-ROG-STRIX 1000W psu & he would procure it for me [I turned down the offer for 2 reasons - delivery would take 4/5 days & this was an older model]
6. My RIG is Not working for the past 15 days & I AM FRUSTRATED as all my works are held up
[Earlier my Gigabyte Z790 UD AX Failed (in less than 3 months!!) - gave it for RMA, they re-flashed the BIOS; could not check it out as then My old Seasonic 850W Gold PSU became the culprit]
7. What are all these parallel issues with the LATEST GEN OF PRODUCTS FROM Manufacturers & compatibility issues - which I never experienced in my four previous builds in the last 30 years & I used it for years without RMA for any of my premium components.
8. I also have G.Skill 64GB DDR5 6000 MHz RAM on my system [tried using XMP to boost - but did not work] and i5-13600K (not oc at all)
9. I do not know what to do anymore after having spent over Rs 2 lacs on my system build
10. The Cabinet Thermaltake The Tower 900 Snow Ed & its system fans 10 of them are old.

Attachments

• Terence_System_03_20230609.jpg
    Terence_System_03_20230609.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I think you can use the paperclip method to test a PSU. I haven't tried it in years. The PSU manual probably has the pin numbers written somewhere in troubleshooting part.

4- 0db technology refers to the PSU fan which stays off if the load is below 40%.

Don't lose hope. People here will always help.

Last edited:
UPDATE

I am facing a dilemma with having ordered & received the ASUS TUF Gaming 1000W Gold PSU just a few days back from Amazon (June 8th 2023)
Initial testing was done by connecting it to my RIG from outside only - BUT I COULD NOT POWER ON MY SYSTEM AT ALL :arghh: - with all my multiple HDD's disconnected etc & later even my GPU - Asus TUF Gaming RTX 3060 OC 12GB
(Just a few of my system fans were running - that's all)
BUT THE 1000W PSU UNIT FAN WAS NOT RUNNING AT ALL

I initiated a refund from Amazon (which they refuse - but their tech support heard me out for over 35 mins - as I been a customer from 2009 & Prime member too having spend lakhs on various products - and rarely even returned any items). The replacement is arriving today :D

AM I GOING WRONG SOMEWHERE - with the latest gen of technology & system components.
1. Was this product defective?
2. What if the replacement of the ASUS TUF Gaming 1000W Gold - also does not work :arghh:
3. Does one have to connect all your devices so that a 1000W PSU recognizes the load it needs to handle ? For the initial testing only
4. What is this

5. A local trusted dealer "DEEP Computer & Services" from Andheri East, Mumbai (who have well qualified technicians too) had suggested that I go for ASUS-ROG-STRIX 1000W psu & he would procure it for me [I turned down the offer for 2 reasons - delivery would take 4/5 days & this was an older model]
6. My RIG is Not working for the past 15 days & I AM FRUSTRATED as all my works are held up
[Earlier my Gigabyte Z790 UD AX Failed (in less than 3 months!!) - gave it for RMA, they re-flashed the BIOS; could not check it out as then My old Seasonic 850W Gold PSU became the culprit]
7. What are all these parallel issues with the LATEST GEN OF PRODUCTS FROM Manufacturers & compatibility issues - which I never experienced in my four previous builds in the last 30 years & I used it for years without RMA for any of my premium components.
8. I also have G.Skill 64GB DDR5 6000 MHz RAM on my system [tried using XMP to boost - but did not work] and i5-13600K (not oc at all)
9. I do not know what to do anymore after having spent over Rs 2 lacs on my system build
10. The Cabinet Thermaltake The Tower 900 Snow Ed & its system fans 10 of them are old.

As someone already suggested, use the paperclip method, I can not emphasis how many times it has helped me to verify a PSU's health.

Follow this while keeping only a molex fan connected. If it starts spinning as soon as you short the pins, the PSU is good (I mean there might be other things wrong but that's highly unlikely)

Remember OC, XMP etc have nothing to do with your system turning on, it might not post but that's a separate issue. Just connect a molex fan and a motherboard fan and see if all the fans turn on once you short the power button headers (I once had a defective power button that worked intermittently, I replaced my PSU only to find out that the frickin' switch was being a b**ch)

ASUS TUF PSU is really good, you don't have to buy the STRIX model IMHO.

Steps to follow
1. Connect EPS and 24 Pin connector and two fans (one molex and one mobo). Molex is just to rule out a faulty mobo fan header. Remove everything else. You don't have to connect anything else not even video out.

2. Disconnect power switch and short the pins to power on the system. I am more than confident that the fans should start spinning at this point.

or

If all this seems a lot of work get a PSU tester for INR 500-1000 you just plug diff connectors to it and it tells you if PSU is working as expected. I have never needed it myself but a friend swears by it.

Edit: My lazy ass missed the line 'system fans start fine'. You have a working PSU in all probability. This is same as a paperclip test.

Your system is not POSTing. Remove all RAM sticks except one. remove everything else except for CPU, clear CMOS and then see if it POSTs.

"BUT THE 1000W PSU UNIT FAN WAS NOT RUNNING AT ALL" : This is normal, your PSU has fan stop so until you put like 40-50% of load on it and the temperature crosses a threshold, that fan's gonna stay put.

I just checked your Mobo manual, it doesn't have a POST code display. Connect a buzzer in speaker header (you can get it for INR 50 at local shop) and it will beep once you power it on. The number of beeps will tell us who is the culprit. Do share an audio recording here once you set it up.

And just for future reference, if you are bulding a highend modern system, never ever ever buy a mobo without post code. We still have the speaker header, but those post codes save a lot of time.

Last edited:

As someone already suggested, use the paperclip method, I can not emphasis how many times it has helped me to verify a PSU's health.

Follow this while keeping only a molex fan connected. If it starts spinning as soon as you short the pins, the PSU is good (I mean there might be other things wrong but that's highly unlikely)

Remember OC, XMP etc have nothing to do with your system turning on, it might not post but that's a separate issue. Just connect a molex fan and a motherboard fan and see if all the fans turn on once you short the power button headers (I once had a defective power button that worked intermittently, I replaced my PSU only to find out that the frickin' switch was being a b**ch)

ASUS TUF PSU is really good, you don't have to buy the STRIX model IMHO.

Steps to follow
1. Connect EPS and 24 Pin connector and two fans (one molex and one mobo). Molex is just to rule out a faulty mobo fan header. Remove everything else. You don't have to connect anything else not even video out.

2. Disconnect power switch and short the pins to power on the system. I am more than confident that the fans should start spinning at this point.

or

If all this seems a lot of work get a PSU tester for INR 500-1000 you just plug diff connectors to it and it tells you if PSU is working as expected. I have never needed it myself but a friend swears by it.

Edit: My lazy ass missed the line 'system fans start fine'. You have a working PSU in all probability. This is same as a paperclip test.

Your system is not POSTing. Remove all RAM sticks except one. remove everything else except for CPU, clear CMOS and then see if it POSTs.

"BUT THE 1000W PSU UNIT FAN WAS NOT RUNNING AT ALL" : This is normal, your PSU has fan stop so until you put like 40-50% of load on it and the temperature crosses a threshold, that fan's gonna stay put.

I just checked your Mobo manual, it doesn't have a POST code display. Connect a buzzer in speaker header (you can get it for INR 50 at local shop) and it will beep once you power it on. The number of beeps will tell us who is the culprit. Do share an audio recording here once you set it up.

And just for future reference, if you are bulding a highend modern system, never ever ever buy a mobo without post code. We still have the speaker header, but those post codes save a lot of time.
Aplogies @6pack @dvader - I have always gotten back to @TechEnclave and its wonderful community over all these years - BUT I cannot figure out how to Quote & Response to Specific points - just a 5 min tutorial online from any TE Guyz would help me :oops:
I am now waiting for the Replacement of this Asus 1000W TUF Gaming PSU anytime today from Amazon.
I have noted all critical points that @6pack and @dvader - have suggested

Checking will happen tomorrow - along with the help of my local Technician

Trouble is NOT ALL the Best Local Technicians or even YouTube Gurus - have definitive answers that arise - from a combination of all these High-End Parts on a single system of the LATEST component builds!

Will say my prayers and even Puja's - to find a DESPERATE solution :) Will keep u updated

Last edited:
Back