Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

guess our guys started scamming them, like they do with flipkart and amazon

These kinda statements irk me. These refund scams are also common in US and other countries.
There are websites like chargeback911 and refundsretreiver to help sellers avoid fraudulent returns.
There was a recent story of a guy scamming Amazon US of 300k USD worth of stuff.
It's just that they can't **** as much with US peeps as they can with India.

These kinda statements irk me. These refund scams are also common in US and other countries.
There are websites like chargeback911 and refundsretreiver to help sellers avoid fraudulent returns.
There was a recent story of a guy scamming Amazon US of 300k USD worth of stuff.
It's just that they can't **** as much with US peeps as they can with India.
The scale differs. Comparatively.

What's the source ?
Just look around, in 2017/2018 amazon used to refund the entire amt on just one complaint regarding some product deficiency & now ppl receive entirely different cheap/fake/refurbished products for new products orders costing tens of thousands & it takes months & escalations to Bezos social media team to get the refund. Why do you think all this open box delivery/otp for delivery/no more free replacement of mobile(flipkart latest policy) etc happened, because users here scammed Amazon/Fk hard(I knew guys who were having 500+ amazon accs & maintaining them via excel to get those 20-30 rupees free recharge every month a few years ago eventually forcing amazon to make the condition of having a linked Indian mobile no. to acc must for availing such offers).

Just look around, in 2017/2018 amazon used to refund the entire amt on just one complaint regarding some product deficiency & now ppl receive entirely different cheap/fake/refurbished products for new products orders costing tens of thousands & it takes months & escalations to Bezos social media team to get the refund. Why do you think all this open box delivery/otp for delivery/no more free replacement of mobile(flipkart latest policy) etc happened, because users here scammed Amazon/Fk hard(I knew guys who were having 500+ amazon accs & maintaining them via excel to get those 20-30 rupees free recharge every month a few years ago eventually forcing amazon to make the condition of having a linked Indian mobile no. to acc must for availing such offers).

And what makes you think this doesn't happen outside India ?

Idk about you guys, but i just returned a kb worth 2800inr on amazon.
Without any issues.
Even got the refund within 2 hrs of pickup, granted it was on amazon pay.

Idk about you guys, but i just returned a kb worth 2800inr on amazon.
Without any issues.
Even got the refund within 2 hrs of pickup, granted it was on amazon pay.
I think it has more to do with a specific user's account history. Accounts with unusually high returns probably get flagged. I know of a case where the user's account simply got banned because of their high frequency of returns even though they ordered a lot of stuff.

I think it has more to do with a specific user's account history. Accounts with unusually high returns probably get flagged. I know of a case where the user's account simply got banned because of their high frequency of returns even though they ordered a lot of stuff.
That sounds true. I order on a regular basis from amazon and my returns are pretty low .

And what makes you think this doesn't happen outside India ?
I never said it doesn't happen outside India, you asked for source on differing of scale & I gave you practical proof. The scale of misuse by users in US is not enough to force Amazon to change its policies but in India it is & one of the reason why Indian branch of Amazon is one of the biggest loss making globally among all such amazon branches.

I never said it doesn't happen outside India, you asked for source on differing of scale & I gave you practical proof. The scale of misuse by users in US is not enough to force Amazon to change its policies but in India it is & one of the reason why Indian branch of Amazon is one of the biggest loss making globally among all such amazon branches.

I asked for a source to say this happens in India more than it happens in US. Still to see.
We all know scams and frauds happen in all countries, heck, Amazon allows returns and refunds for mobile phones in US for 30/60 days (same for tablets and what not) - and you can see from those pallet unboxing videos that many a times things that are returned are different or broken. Amazon and others know and work with that risk.
But yet to see a source - not anecdotes - source - showing higher numbers of such scams in India vs US.
They can get away with such stuff in India due to lack of strong consumer protection laws.

They can get away with such stuff in India due to lack of strong consumer protection laws.
Again, practical example. India never had strong consumer protection laws to begin with so why amazon & Flipkart had such stellar customer support till 2018. Obviously something changed since 2018 leading to a day & night difference between then & now. That reason was, as amazon & fk got more popular so did the no. of scamming users & at some point the scamming users crossed a threshold of what amazon/fk were willing to burn the money for leading to an overall decrease in customer support/cost reduction. In any case you will never see an "official source" regarding this just like many things in the world/life so no point insisting on it. All we can do is discuss "practical examples" & if you have something to counter mine then do mention it.

Lmao. What ridiculous discussion is going on. I mean now people will ask about source of common sense. Like these things are recorded anywhere? By anybody? Amazon obviously keeps a record, as they had to bear the loss, but they are never going to publish it as long as they wish to continue operating in India.
Indians are famous world over for their civility. So yeah talking of scale compared to US or other first world is even more impractical as it's not even comparable.

Back