Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

Again, practical example. India never had strong consumer protection laws to begin with so why amazon & Flipkart had such stellar customer support till 2018. Obviously something changed since 2018 leading to a day & night difference between then & now. That reason was, as amazon & fk got more popular so did the no. of scamming users & at some point the scamming users crossed a threshold of what amazon/fk were willing to burn the money for leading to an overall decrease in customer support/cost reduction. In any case you will never see an "official source" regarding this just like many things in the world/life so no point insisting on it. All we can do is discuss "practical examples" & if you have something to counter mine then do mention it.

Lmao. What ridiculous discussion is going on. I mean now people will ask about source of common sense. Like these things are recorded anywhere? By anybody? Amazon obviously keeps a record, as they had to bear the loss, but they are never going to publish it as long as they wish to continue operating in India.
Indians are famous world over for their civility. So yeah talking of scale compared to US or other first world is even more impractical as it's not even comparable.

There's a difference between building a narrative and stating a fact.
Whatever challenges one has with AMZ/FK, has to do with poor laws instead of scammers. The narrative that has been driven since ages that it's because of scammers since the onus lies with the people buying stuff, not the company. It's the easiest PR in favour of what they wanted to do.

There's a difference between building a narrative and stating a fact.
Whatever challenges one has with AMZ/FK, has to do with poor laws instead of scammers. The narrative that has been driven since ages that it's because of scammers since the onus lies with the people buying stuff, not the company. It's the easiest PR in favour of what they wanted to do.
You seem to have no clue about how much ppl have scammed amazon & fk & various other ecomm platforms in India. Did you know that a thread on DD forum practically forced a million dollar startup backed by none other than Ratan Tata to eventually close down after the massive loss it suffered in a single day because of an insider person leaking a very serious loophole in the middle of the night on a weekend? Just because you find it hard to believe that a single thread on an Indian forum can cause a loss of crores in a single day to a ecomm platform in India doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

You seem to have no clue about how much ppl have scammed amazon & fk & various other ecomm platforms in India. Did you know that a thread on DD forum practically forced a million dollar startup backed by none other than Ratan Tata to eventually close down after the massive loss it suffered in a single day because of an insider person leaking a very serious loophole in the middle of the night on a weekend? Just because you find it hard to believe that a single thread on an Indian forum can cause a loss of crores in a single day to a ecomm platform in India doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I've posted links above where US individuals have run multi million dollar scams on Amazon US. What I hate is putting this an an Indian thing. Scams happen everywhere. Just because it's US people are not saints. The level of scam in US is also pretty darn high. There are literal sites built just to scam Amazon, Walmart etc online ops.

Absolutely right, around here 'US people are not saints.'
Anyway, who is holding back the string for strong customer protection? Regional language or mainstream news publishers occasionally appear, educating on how difficult it is for customers to pursue their complaints

Niki.AI! What a loot! Good old times of deals and discounts.

US shoppers defrauded online sites of nearly 25.3 BILLION USD in 2020.

Nearly 23 BILLION USD fradulent returns in 2022.

Are there any subscription-based platforms in India that analyze such data?

LP Magazine (aka Loss Prevention Magazine and LPM) was established in 2001 to provide news, information, and educational content for retail security ncluding Best B2B Magazine from NicheMedia and a Gold Marcom Award for Magazine Design.

I've posted links above where US individuals have run multi million dollar scams on Amazon US. What I hate is putting this an an Indian thing. Scams happen everywhere. Just because it's US people are not saints. The level of scam in US is also pretty darn high. There are literal sites built just to scam Amazon, Walmart etc online ops.

US shoppers defrauded online sites of nearly 25.3 BILLION USD in 2020.

Nearly 23 BILLION USD fradulent returns in 2022.
Again, the difference is in scale. Amazon losing a few hundred million on a 2-3 billion dollar revenue is much higher than losing 25 billion dollar on 500 billion dollar revenue when scaled comparatively. US ppl are not saint, it is just that ppl here can give US ppl a run for their money if given same scamming opportunities(like stronger consumer protection laws & overall customer is always right culture).

Did you know that a thread on DD forum practically forced a million dollar startup backed by none other than Ratan Tata to eventually close down after the massive loss it suffered in a single day because of an insider person leaking a very serious loophole in the middle of the night on a weekend?

What was this about? I'd like to read more.

Again, the difference is in scale. Amazon losing a few hundred million on a 2-3 billion dollar revenue is much higher than losing 25 billion dollar on 500 billion dollar revenue when scaled comparatively. US ppl are not saint, it is just that ppl here can give US ppl a run for their money if given same scamming opportunities(like stronger consumer protection laws & overall customer is always right culture).

Mate, can you quote any sources without conjuring hypothesis ?
I've said this many times before - but whatever you're saying - fraud of X on a revenue of Y isn't from any market research or source. You just heard it from someone who heard it from someone, and we are parroting.
People are equally fraudulent everywhere. This narrative that Indians are more fraudulent than Americans is just a carryover from white racist bias.

This has reminded me a quote from one of my most favourite movies.

Attachments

• tumblr_m7qhm63nX61qazx4ao5_r1_250.gifv.gif
    tumblr_m7qhm63nX61qazx4ao5_r1_250.gifv.gif
    781.8 KB · Views: 101
Mate, can you quote any sources without conjuring hypothesis ?
I've said this many times before - but whatever you're saying - fraud of X on a revenue of Y isn't from any market research or source. You just heard it from someone who heard it from someone, and we are parroting.
People are equally fraudulent everywhere. This narrative that Indians are more fraudulent than Americans is just a carryover from white racist bias.
if I say that Pakistanis, Srilankans & Bangladeshis too are similarly more fraudulent would that make you happy. It is just a matter of economic & social development level. In India ppl themselves encourage corruption & then complaint about politicians & bureaucrats being corrupt & still giving votes to them. In any case this discussion is going nowhere so better to end it as clearly you are taking it at an emotional level.

if I say that Pakistanis, Srilankans & Bangladeshis too are similarly more fraudulent would that make you happy. It is just a matter of economic & social development level. In India ppl themselves encourage corruption & then complaint about politicians & bureaucrats being corrupt & still giving votes to them. In any case this discussion is going nowhere so better to end it as clearly you are taking it at an emotional level.

No emotions bro. I'm purely asking for sources. This narrative is partly a reason why we have poor consumer laws.

Guys. Anyone know of a service or any relative coming to Mumbai in the coming months? Need to buy something from USA. Please let me know.

So what are options from importing stuff feom usa ? i2c has become unreliable and exorbitantly expensive , sns ia charging way too high as omport duty.

So what are options from importing stuff feom usa ? i2c has become unreliable and exorbitantly expensive , sns ia charging way too high as omport duty.
Directly from Amazon US (if the seller ships to India), B&H and eBay (again if the seller is ready to ship). Be prepared to pay the duty. I am not aware of any option where you can skip or reduce the duty.

Back