Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

Directly from Amazon US (if the seller ships to India), B&H and eBay (again if the seller is ready to ship). Be prepared to pay the duty. I am not aware of any option where you can skip or reduce the duty.
Import duty for hdd is 0%, only igst 18% is To be charged, yet we are forced to pay import duties.

Problem is not paying the import duty, it's the how much of it. From petty thieving of 12% in ✋ era to a dacoiting 41% or more in lotus era is the problem
Imports are classified into two categories, personal and business. Get a IEC and you can import it with just 18% IGST as well. Personal imports attract 42% duty.

Imports are classified into two categories, personal and business. Get a IEC and you can import it with just 18% IGST as well. Personal imports attract 42% duty.
IEC is easier said than done. Before it was 12% for personal as well. That was my point.

Getting IEC means officially getting a status of importer which will remain for lifetime in books/system of IT dept/customs not to mention all the extra hassle every year while filing ITR.

IEC is easier said than done. Before it was 12% for personal as well. That was my point.
Before it was 12% because currency exchange rate was better & there wasn't much demand for such products, now things are different.

Microsoft Office Professional 2021 Lifetime License (Windows Digital Download) $40

Office Professional 2021 Includes:
Microsoft Office Word
Microsoft Office Excel
Microsoft Office PowerPoint
Microsoft Office Outlook
Microsoft Office Teams
Microsoft Office OneNote
Microsoft Office Publisher
Microsoft Office Access
Office Home & Business Includes:
Microsoft Office Word
Microsoft Office Excel
Microsoft Office PowerPoint
Microsoft Office Outlook
Microsoft Office Teams (Basic Only)
Microsoft Office OneNote

Ms windows 10 or 11 (Digital Download) $40

I have IEC but no GST.
And a POBOX from Aramex
Reach out to aramex * shopnship, ask them the contact details of their clearing agent, discuss it with the agent reg importing using iec As this will come under HSN code 85235100. Import duty of 10% + igst 18% will apply

Someone here with IEC and GST cannot just help us all getting stuff right?
Why would someone take all that headache? Plus there is a liability when your IEC and GST are used to important things, that any government later can ask you questions about since it's supposed to be intended to be used by the business that's getting all the stuff.

Why would someone take all that headache? Plus there is a liability when your IEC and GST are used to important things, that any government later can ask you questions about since it's supposed to be intended to be used by the business that's getting all the stuff.

I understand. That is why I asked. So yes, the liability is on the IEC holder to justify the purchases.

CM MM712 @ 40 USD with coupon.

(If anyone's relative/loved ones coming to India; please let me know if you want to help me buy one)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231106-023358539.jpg
    Screenshot_20231106-023358539.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 74
Back