Android Call recording mess on Android | What to do going forward?

So what is the best android phone + app combo right now for seamless call recording? On another note, is there a hardware solution to recording phone calls - one that might also work with ios?

How to record calls in ios?
Use this,

Screenshot_1.jpg

So what is the best android phone + app combo right now for seamless call recording?
Personally I think, Unlocking the bootloader and installing Basic Call Recorder is currently the best thing.

Great News!

Call recording through Cube ACR works.
It needs to install another after-market helper apk on newer androids.

Although I have yet to test all of the combinations like VoLTE x VoWifi x BT x Speaker x phone. It seems to be working on the most. And it also records calls from VoIP apps like WhatsApp, telegram, slack etc too. Free version works fine.

Great News!

Call recording through Cube ACR works.
It needs to install another after-market helper apk on newer androids.

Although I have yet to test all of the combinations like VoLTE x VoWifi x BT x Speaker x phone. It seems to be working on the most. And it also records calls from VoIP apps like WhatsApp, telegram, slack etc too. Free version works fine.
What about notifying the party about recording via a beep/message?

Folks here might not wanna give too much importance to call recording. These are mostly good for solving your own personal matters, the moment the situation arises where you think this call recording can be used as evidence in court, good luck with that because it's not so easy.

1. The first problem if you want to present this call recording in court, the recording must not be tempered with in any shape or form, it must be kept in the original source, which is your phone, if you copy it or think I will save it in my hard drive, that will not be considered at all in court, because you messed with the source. Considering how long the cases here take to resolve, you have keep your phone in same state for years, which means you have to stop using it and keep it in safe lock.

2. Let's say you do do that, the court can say how do we know that it is the voice of the same person, then it is a totally different game. Voice samples will be taken and compared which can take years and even then it is not guarantied that court will consider it.

No doubt the call recording can make your case stronger but it is certainly not enough to win it.

Last edited:
idk why people think call rec is only for legal stuff.

My dad and my brother does business and many orders are thru phone all day long and they wanna make sure call's get rec'd automatically so that they can listen to it again just to make sure they are dispatching the exact order customer wants.

Sometimes it's for those cases too where let's see dad quoted an amount and the client comes to the shop, and dad gives him higher quote (coz he forgot the disc he allowed to the client few days back). So rec's can be for remembering stuff purely for business activities.

My dad and my brother does business and many orders are thru phone all day long and they wanna make sure call's get rec'd automatically so that they can listen to it again just to make sure they are dispatching the exact order customer wants.

Sometimes it's for those cases too where let's see dad quoted an amount and the client comes to the shop, and dad gives him higher quote (coz he forgot the disc he allowed to the client few days back). So rec's can be for remembering stuff purely for business activities.
yes and not just that I use call recording as a note-taking tool, record verbal agreements as humans are humans and humans forget, voice memos etc. And even if this wasn't the case, call recording has been a feature for almost 30-40 years in some shape or form, why is it so difficult when the tech is reaching new hights?

Just fyi to everyone.. if you are using colorOS/Oxygen OS on one of the latest oneplus phones.. you have availabel to you Odialer in the app store.. its a call app made by OPPO, it replaces ur google dialer and has automatic call recording wihtout the notification to the other user.

Folks here might not wanna give too much importance to call recording. These are mostly good for solving your own personal matters, the moment the situation arises where you think this call recording can be used as evidence in court, good luck with that because it's not so easy.

1. The first problem if you want to present this call recording in court, the recording must not be tempered with in any shape or form, it must be kept in the original source, which is your phone, if you copy it or think I will save it in my hard drive, that will not be considered at all in court, because you messed with the source. Considering how long the cases here take to resolve, you have keep your phone in same state for years, which means you have to stop using it and keep it in safe lock.

2. Let's say you do do that, the court can say how do we know that it is the voice of the same person, then it is a totally different game. Voice samples will be taken and compared which can take years and even then it is not guarantied that court will consider it.

No doubt the call recording can make your case stronger but it is certainly not enough to win it.

Call recordings are not considered as legally admissable evidence before a court, true, but countless times it has changed the narrative of a case. Therefore it's paramountly important.
Court delay is applicable for everything, not only matters pertaining to call recording.

The call recording feature is not removed per se. It's just that the recipient will be notified of the call being recorded.

The call recording feature is not removed per se. It's just that the recipient will be notified of the call being recorded.
Thats correct but annoying, as there is no option to record calls from all your contacts.
IT allows to record calls from everyone who is not on Contact list.

Manually selecting each and every number and add to recording list (not even a single contact) is very tiring atleast on Redmi Note 10 Pro .

Thats correct but annoying, as there is no option to record calls from all your contacts.
IT allows to record calls from everyone who is not on Contact list.

Manually selecting each and every number and add to recording list (not even a single contact) is very tiring atleast on Redmi Note 10 Pro .
Sorry, I didn't know it was this stupid. Why won't they add a "Record all calls" option?
Can this be easily circumvented if your phone comes with a default custom Dialer app like Samsung does?

Sorry, I didn't know it was this stupid. Why won't they add a "Record all calls" option?
Can this be easily circumvented if your phone comes with a default custom Dialer app like Samsung does?
I have read the call recording thing works if using Oppo dialer.. did not try, as do not want to break any glitches if happens.

Not able to understand, Googles policy which wont allow an end-user to record calls from there incoming/outgoing calls, its or privacy/safety.

This call is being recorded is soo lame, most of the times opposite person simply cancels call.

Sorry, I didn't know it was this stupid.
It's stupider. You can't directly access your call recordings except through the dialer app. And can't even take backup of all recorded calls unless you can share > email them one by one.

Why won't they add a "Record all calls" option?
Google likes to enforce American traditions on the whole world. Recording a call in the US is taboo. Everyone feels insecure. They are fine to share all other details to google/meta/ms/apple/nsa but recording a call? suddenly that's like making love to your sister. They consider conversation on phones ephemeral like Snapchat. That's also why it's illegal to record calls in the US.

Why won't they add a "Record all calls" option?
Recording conversation without consent of all parties is illegal in some countries. The call recording service provider can also get caught up in this easily. So for companies it's best to avoid all this.

Also there is aspect of security risk in this, for example if you have call recording on for all of your calls and then your phone gets lost somewhere, someone might get access to all your past recording on phone.

Also there is aspect of security risk in this, for example if you have call recording on for all of your calls and then your phone gets lost somewhere, someone might get access to all your past recording on phone.
If your phone gets lost, your email is also open considering we are signed in at most times.

Back