Android Call recording mess on Android | What to do going forward?

If your phone gets lost, your email is also open considering we are signed in at most times.
Yes everything is compromised, but with call recording its the worst. A company has to do everything that they can to minimize their product security risk footprint.

Consider the following very interesting case to get an idea of to what level a company can go :-

Last edited:
I have a Samsung S23 Ultra. I use Truecaller and is set as default dialer. I've enabled Call Recording on Samsung dialer. Since Samsung dialer is not set as default dialer, it doesn't record.
How do I use both Truecaller (for spam identification) and Samsung dialer (for recording) together. Is there a way?

I have a Samsung S23 Ultra. I use Truecaller and is set as default dialer. I've enabled Call Recording on Samsung dialer. Since Samsung dialer is not set as default dialer, it doesn't record.
How do I use both Truecaller (for spam identification) and Samsung dialer (for recording) together. Is there a way?
Settings >Search > Type "Default Apps" >Caller ID and spam app
OR
Settings >Apps >Choose Default apps >Caller ID and spam app

Samsung's default spam detection works fine for me. Haven't used Truecaller in years.

Simple.. dont use truecaller as the default dialer, call identification still works if you use samsung dialer as default.

Simple. Set samsung as default dialer and spam filter as trucaller.

I've set Samsung as default dialer. Where to set spam filter as Truecaller?
1698841945194.png

Hi , why Screen guard and camera guard you are using or recommended ?

There's still no app which can record without root eh? On pixels i mean. And on Motorola without announcement.
I am considering a switch from mi to Samsung, if won't find any option.
Don't want to go for rooting, gave up that fun few years ago.

The default recording notification = **This call is now being recorded**

Becomes awkward many times.

If you find an option do reply.

Ty

Hi , why Screen guard and camera guard you are using or recommended ?
Nothing. I opted for a tempered glass as soon as I purchased. Faced issues with fingerprint reader. Pealed it off the next day (wasted 1000₹). I just have a spigen case installed, nothing else.
Will remove the case once a month, clean the phone and case and then put it back. Case protects the camera bump.

Nothing. I opted for a tempered glass as soon as I purchased. Faced issues with fingerprint reader. Pealed it off the next day (wasted 1000₹). I just have a spigen case installed, nothing else.
Will remove the case once a month, clean the phone and case and then put it back. Case protects the camera bump.
Have used most curved screen of Samsung , s7 to Note 10P etc , use the TPU screen guard of good quality like gadedshiledz or Ringke .
Ringke is my latest as now available otherwise gadgetshiledz TPU with soap water have been my go to screen guard for 8/9 years now
https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/samsung-galaxy-s23-ultra-screen-protector-scratch-guard.html - Requires work with soapwater and overnight switched but best quality . durability and longevity
https://ringke.co.in/products/samsung-galaxy-s23-ultra-screen-protector-dew-2-pack - no soap water ,install and use

I too wasted a lot of money on tempered but they just kill the touch . Completely stopped it .

just for update.. I found some issue with Samsung inbuilt auto call recording with A50s , some call get record full and some call just drops (no recording) after 2-3 seconds record.. is any one face same issue? any solution?

just for update.. I found some issue with Samsung inbuilt auto call recording with A50s , some call get record full and some call just drops (no recording) after 2-3 seconds record.. is any one face same issue? any solution?
Recording calls is not possible when WiFi-calling/VoWiFi is enabled. This is the only reason I can think of for a recording to stop during a call.

Recording calls is not possible when WiFi-calling/VoWiFi is enabled. This is the only reason I can think of for a recording to stop during a call.
I didn't use WiFi/VoWiFi calling, they may be enabled, but I didn't use, (I didn't check), but i face issue randomly ... not for all calls few calls and that too from all different numbers not an issue for particular number, as if I call on number for 1-2 minutes and than after few minutes again call and talk for 4-5 minutes, than first call of 1-2 min, got records but than next call of 4-5 min. didn't record. While for other person 4-5 min. call got record but 1-2 minutes didn't

I didn't use WiFi/VoWiFi calling, they may be enabled, but I didn't use, (I didn't check), but i face issue randomly ... not for all calls few calls and that too from all different numbers not an issue for particular number, as if I call on number for 1-2 minutes and than after few minutes again call and talk for 4-5 minutes, than first call of 1-2 min, got records but than next call of 4-5 min. didn't record. While for other person 4-5 min. call got record but 1-2 minutes didn't
If VoWiFi is enabled and you are connected to a WiFi network, Calls will automatically be routed via WiFi unless you explicitly tun off this feature. This kind of seemingly random behavior will happen if your phone gets connected to WiFi during a call. If you are certain that you are not connected to WiFi and VoWiFi is disabled, then it may be a different issue that I am not aware of.

If VoWiFi is enabled and you are connected to a WiFi network, Calls will automatically be routed via WiFi unless you explicitly tun off this feature. This kind of seemingly random behavior will happen if your phone gets connected to WiFi during a call. If you are certain that you are not connected to WiFi and VoWiFi is disabled, then it may be a different issue that I am not aware of.
yes 100% sure that didn't connected with WiFi while calling or calling through VoWiFi

Anyone using call recording app on LG G8X that works properly ?
I might have an apk somewhere that used to woek till 10 and 11 I guess
I ll shate that with you you can check if it works..
Let me see how to share though

Edit ;
Sent a link

Last edited:
Back