Android Call recording mess on Android | What to do going forward?

TTSLexx method works very well. You can uninstall that app after setup and then call recorder will not be announced at all, not even before the call is connected.

Sorry if I am being naive but what is the use case for call recording? Could someone point out real world use examples as I feel I might be missing out!

Sorry if I am being naive but what is the use case for call recording? Could someone point out real world use examples as I feel I might be missing out!
Recording any call which you feel might be useful later on. Can be for as simple as taking notes later when you discussed something on call or while dealing with someone, who said something else, but later on changed their statements. Recordings are even admissible in courts in India AFAIK.

So, for some, it is very important. I have personally used it against companies when they provide poor support. I once threatened airtel to file a case on consumer court because I requested for broadband disconnection, but later charged me the next month bill post disconnection.

I had a iqoo 9 pro for a while and it had the native dialer app hidden. You need to do some settings and the native dialer gets activated which has call recording feature without announcements. I think all iqoo, vivo phones have this option.

Guys, I think I have found a perfect solution. It is BCR. Basic call recorder. For this, you atleast need unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery like TWRP. You don't have to root or run a custom ROM.

It's a one time easy patch. You patch it once and forget about it. Bluetooth or not, it's recording all calls in a perfect quality.

About Google dialer's built in call recording, it's terrible. It doesn't let you transfer all of your recordings. It doesn't save to common internal memory so your file managers can't reach it. I lost a few important conversations when I changed the custom ROM. I think stupid Google employees live monotonous life and use iphones in real life.

Guys, I think I have found a perfect solution. It is BCR. Basic call recorder. For this, you atleast need unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery like TWRP. You don't have to root or run a custom ROM.

It's a one time easy patch. You patch it once and forget about it. Bluetooth or not, it's recording all calls in a perfect quality.

About Google dialer's built in call recording, it's terrible. It doesn't let you transfer all of your recordings. It doesn't save to common internal memory so your file managers can't reach it. I lost a few important conversations when I changed the custom ROM. I think stupid Google employees live monotonous life and use iphones in real life.
You are weakening the security of your phone by having an unlocked bootloader.

You are weakening the security of your phone by having an unlocked bootloader.
Its just what they say. Haven't seen or heard incidents where due to unlocked bootloader someones phone got compromised in fact it was always the other way.
To me the statement says "you have no antivirus and your system stands at a all time high risk" but here I'm with no AV on my pc for more than a decade not even defender yet zero infections or security issues cause I'm accountable for what I install, surf and plug-in!

I'm using only custom roms with root right from my first android phone and never ever got compromised or infected!

Rooting compromises security but again depends how aware you are about what you do else its also a safe zone!

@nRiTeCh You can drive without seat belt but that does not mean you should drive without it. All it takes once major accident and you are done! Malware can easily gain persistence in the system if the bootloader is unlocked. You lose the most important security feature of Android which is verified boot. https://source.android.com/docs/security/features/verifiedboot

Here you are keeping full faith in the hands of the ROM developer. Root access can be easily exploited by the apps with root access or underprivileged apps. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_privilege

Back