Can someone explain WHY some people want a Telangana state?

Jesus. I say we go all the way up to 50 states, put 50 stars on our flag and be done with this shit once and for all. Utter and complete waste of time, money, resources.

This is the second time i'll be changing my address because of the state being divided.

This thing keeps following me or what LOL

lets all guess which politicians will come now next.

i'm thinking RT will start fasting for seperate maharashtra from india in coming days.

They can't split Andhra Pradesh. Period.
Already Congress Govt in AP is on the verge of collapse! Almost 50 MLAs resigned already!

Looks like AP is going to be messed up royally in the coming days :(

UPDATE: Resignation count reached 90 :O

I guess at the current speed, by evening AP assembly will become empty :p

So it has started. I wonder if the bill will pass successfully. Telangana is outnumbered by 2-1. Rayalaseema and Coastal andhra not in favour. The formation of telangana is important, one of the reasons is to cut YSR force to size.

What will happen now is for everyone to see as to how democracy functions. How the majority of AP(2/3) will crush telangana movement with brute force. Crushing it will be sending them right in the arms of the naxals for help. It's not telangana v/s centre. It's AP congress v/s telangana and since centre has agreed for the split, it will be also be AP congress v/s Centre.

6pack said:
lets all guess which politicians will come now next.

i'm thinking RT will start fasting for seperate maharashtra from india in coming days.

I think if he does that, we'll give him Maharashtra. Make it a separate country. He'll be out of our country at least. It's a small price to pay. You can always replace cities. India may lose Bombay, but we can build another city like it.

The main reason for such splits are Governance.

Imagine the plight of common person from AP's boundry district who needs to get some govt. documents cleared from state HQ. His travelling time itself will be above a day.

Next is rapid emergence of cities where money is concentrated, lifestyles - people outside cities feel second class citizens.

A type of subtle racisim is there in India between states and even intra-states.

There is so much to it than meets eye.

Nikhil said:
I think if he does that, we'll give him Maharashtra. Make it a separate country. He'll be out of our country at least. It's a small price to pay. You can always replace cities. India may lose Bombay, but we can build another city like it.

:eek:hyeah: Grow up buddy.

Darthcoder said:
this from a person who has lived 20+ years in the old city (Chandrayangutta, the seat from where this guy contests).

In your opinion will Telengana happen ? Will AP be partitioned ?

broadway said:
What will happen now is for everyone to see as to how democracy functions.
How do you think democracy should function in this case ?

What is the desired result you expect to see ?

broadway said:
What will happen now is for everyone to see as to how democracy functions. How the majority of AP(2/3) will crush telangana movement with brute force. Crushing it will be sending them right in the arms of the naxals for help. It's not telangana v/s centre. It's AP congress v/s telangana and since centre has agreed for the split, it will be also be AP congress v/s Centre.

Huh. The TRS Goons are already terrorizing people in Hyderabad with violence. They don't need to become a naxal outfit for that.

IMO, they just just keep a poll for the districts in Telangana and see whether the people really want a separate state (I am pretty sure they wouldn't) rather than make the decision because of the violence and other mess being created by a few selfish politicians, their hired goons and students and a few truly crazy separate state fanatics.

Crushing the movement would be in the best interests of everyone in the state including the people in Telangana, but it should be done in a manner that these selfish TRS politicians and the Separate state fanatics can never rise their heads again. Unfortunately, our so called democracy wouldn't allow that to happen.

PhotostarSR said:
Holy sh!t guys :(

From now Calls from Hyd to Vizag will be considered as STD!!

This is pure bullsh!t :(
:lol: No they wont be. Dont worry. Telecom circle and states do not necessarily have to match. Mumbai and Maharashtra is not local whereas Jharkhand and Bihar is.

Bimal Gurung already declares 3/5 days strike for Gorkhaland and they are seriously thinking about Hunger Strike. Source-News channel.

Hmm. Why can't I have my own state consisting of only my home ? :p I will get millions of budget to buy fabulous computers. :lol:

Back