Can someone explain WHY some people want a Telangana state?

broadway said:
Your an idiot

It does not help your argument.

Have courage to stand by what you say and stop skipping questions. You missed the whole other line which contended 4 decade crap.

Before you bring up the separation from country vs separation from state point, let me say this is where the seeds are sown for something worse. We have had movements like khalistan and bodoland. Many morons still believe in those utopian countries. It does not take long before a group starts insisting that they want freedom. Getting it is whole different thing though.

Lord Nemesis said:
Do you think every one will live happily ever after once the separation is done.
I can't predict the future. I don't know if rayalaseema and coastal residents will bare any grudge in the future. If a member of a family has no wish to stay with the family then those two have no rights to try to forcefully keep it in locked doors through diplomatic means or democratic means as it will be apparent.

@arya
I will ignore you from now on onlee. Thank you ji.

Lord Nemesis said:
Do you think every one will live happily ever after once the separation is done.
jharkhand, chattisgarh & uttranchal ?

Any noticeable improvement there otherwise not.

broadway said:
I can't predict the future. I don't know if rayalaseema and coastal residents will bare any grudge in the future. If a member of a family has no wish to stay with the family then those two have no rights to try to forcefully keep it in locked doors through diplomatic means or democratic means as it will be apparent.

How do you know this is want the Telangana people want. TRS and a few of its hired goons/students created a mess for TRS own personal gain. I don't see the rest of people asking for that. Every Telangana guy I know is against the move. Every one of them is cursing TRS.

If they keep a poll for the people of Telengana to decide for themselves, I am willing to bet that the move for a separate state will lose miserably.

Also by the same logic you applied, shouldn't we let go of Kashmir and so many other regions that would want to separate from India? The king of Kashmir surrendered it to India againist the wishes of its near 80% Muslim population.

All these years there wasn't any noise about this struggle. And within few days, boom, a state is created. For what, to ego massage and to fill some filthy politicians pockets. This is one of the worst examples of politics at work. Let's hope the resolution fails and Congress rolls this back.

@Lord Nemesis
"Unity" is not a commercial put to display for the world to see and pretend were normal or fine. Telangana is not aspiring to become a state of the world like kashmir. It wants to be state in india.

Lord Nemesis said:
If they keep a poll for the people of Telengana to decide for themselves, I am willing to bet that the move for a separate state will lose miserably.
As in a referendum, hmmm...is this the democratic thing to do ?

broadway what do you think.

neronin said:
All these years there wasn't any noise about this struggle. And within few days, boom, a state is created. For what, to ego massage and to fill some filthy politicians pockets. This is one of the worst examples of politics at work. Let's hope the resolution fails and Congress rolls this back.
I was thinking all this started after YSR was lost. Was he the one holding it all back ?

Lord Nemesis said:
Your reaction to Arya's post over letting go of J&K is quite amusing. I take it you don't agree with Arya. Why?

Haha, he never takes anything headon. Be it states or The Great Maratha politics.

Ignore baby, thats easy ;)

haha... i feel like noob...i dont know sheet abt politics!!...

vidarbha and gorkhaland next to follow i guess.

is there any connection of this event related to death of YSR?

did you miss this post by broadway a while back ?

broadway said:
You have to admire the game the congress is playing in all this. They didn't make lil' YSR the new CM and went with rosiah instead. In response, lil' YSR fueled TSR to rake up the telangana issue and showed the congress how rosiah was incapable of keeping the state together. Who knew the congress would play hard ball by accepting the formation of the new state. State or no state, YSR family is in deep sh!t.

Politics is quite a ruthless game isn't it.

blr_p said:
As in a referendum ... broadway what do you think.
The chances of telangana actually forming is very blink. Congress will do it just to cut the YSR force to a manageable size. It might stretch the formation to months or even years simply to tame jagan reddy and his gang of congress which has become too powerful thanks to influential domestic and international entities. At the end of the day, once congress achieves whatever it tried to achieve from all this, it'll leave the TRS biting the dust once again. That is what i think is happening in telangana right now.

broadway said:
That's an excellent perspective the united AP sympathizers display. On the one hand, they ridicule the centre for bowing down to telangana in response to a simple hunger strike and on the other hand when things get heated and violence becomes a mean then they are labeled "goons" and words like "terrorizing" are used. Just excellent.
I don't know how good it'll prove for the people of telangana but it'll certainly ruin the plans of those politicians who do not want to let go. That is a certain.
That's a very dangerous thought.

We'l believe you when your house goes down in a riot..Else ur all talk no sense mr narrowway...:rofl:

Aha, so this talk about how the state is going to be formed is just that -- hot air :)

The missing question WHEN is not even mentioned in media reports.

But damn... it makes great newsprint to say -- NEW STATE to be created !!!

Party Monger said:
We'l believe you when your house goes down in a riot..Else ur all talk no sense mr narrowway...:rofl:

True enough. I would like to see the look on his face when paid goons from TRS burn down his house indiscriminately. Just a couple of days back they burned down two buses near my house in Hyd. God knows if they even knew what their task masters were creating this mess for.

Riots are already starting in various parts of AP and tensions are flaring all over the country because of centre's stupid decision to concede to TRS demands. Because of this Parties/groups like these in other parts of India are now hell bent on breaking down the country into a 100 pieces.

Parties like TRS and MNS and so many other similar parties that play division politics should be branded as traitors and stamped out of existence. TRS went so far as to demand that police cases registered againist students/paid goons for acts of violence be taken back. WTH, they do not even want to respect the laws of the country now. I am not sure whether they want a separate state or a separate country altogether.

Guys, I really appreciate your views.

But we need to accept one thing: We are a country of 1 billion people. There are LOTS of opinions. If you dont agree with Broadway, dont diss him at least. Lord Nemesis, I have a lot of regard for you, please dont stoop to low levels and call him names. Just because someone has different views doesnt mean you diss him.

The idea of a debate is to have two opposite sides. Broadway is doing that. Let's have a constructive debate. Direct your anger and your choicest abuses at the politicians. Not other members! :p

lord nemisis said:
Riots are already starting in various parts of AP and tensions are flaring all over the country because of centre's stupid decision to concede to TRS demands.
Time will tell whether it was or not the right thing to do. My guess is its just a ploy. It will take forever to actually do which is all thats required to quieten things down in the present.

Nikhil said:
Guys, I really appreciate your views.

But we need to accept one thing: We are a country of 1 billion people. There are LOTS of opinions. If you dont agree with Broadway, dont diss him at least. Lord Nemesis, I have a lot of regard for you, please dont stoop to low levels and call him names. Just because someone has different views doesnt mean you diss him.

The idea of a debate is to have two opposite sides. Broadway is doing that. Let's have a constructive debate. Direct your anger and your choicest abuses at the politicians. Not other members! :p

Though not for me, Nikhil, you do understand that there's a difference between having a different POV and justifying riots in which people loose lives and their homes..

Back