Can someone explain WHY some people want a Telangana state?

Ok so, telangana doesnt get its share in the development and all, how do you guarantee that it will once you make it a separate state?

Are you ready to take responsibility if it doesnt?

Cause right now, all ur blabbering is unproved, half of which is probably manipulated to favor telangana arguments..

People should really understand that fingers in a hand may be of different sizes, but till they are together, they are still a formidable force..

When ur sole existence gets limited to complaining, even after the state is formed you'l complain abt the central govt not helping and all that crap..

BUT, in between all this, the politicians will benefit..

Leeches like TRS are many, just waiting to pounce upon you..

Kamcoolin said:
Thanks to Lord Nemesis,the World today found out whose fault is it,If some people are Poor.

Excellent Logic.

I believe that was a question (see the a question mark (?) at the end) just in case you didn't understand the sentence. I don't see where I put worth any logic why people are poor?

That question was question because Mr. Broadway seemed to imply that its some how the fault of the people who bought their lands when the people are willing to sell it away cheap? Maybe he expects that no one should be allowed to buy land outside the village/town/city they were born in. So I wanted to get it straight from him.

Party Monger said:
Leeches like TRS are many, just waiting to pounce upon you..

For one, people should ensure that TRS does not get elected (which they probably won't). TRS failed miserably in the last elections, it just proves that a majority of Telangana people do not support the party.

Anti-Telangana protesters burn BSNL godown - India - The Times of India

What a bunch of fools. Ending lives and destroying public property over something as silly as this. :mad: They are no better than the fools that follow TRS. I wish all these specimens get completely eradicated from the gene pool. The human gene pool is better of without them.

Small states, big mistake? - Special Report - Sunday TOI - Home - The Times of India

Kamcoolin said:
Take it as different case,and study on it.
I'm not for or against creation of new states,it should clearly be studied,understood on what basis we can form a new state or we cannot.
If we dont do that for the sake that ,tomorrow someone will ask for a new state.

Its unique in its own way. The last time it was studied was over 50 years back during the SRC

India States Reorganisation Commission Report Telangana Andhra

381. The advantages of the formation of Vishalandhra are obvious. The desirability of bringing the Krishna and Godavari river basins under unified control, the trade affiliations between Telangana and Andhra and the suitability of Hyderabad as the capital for the entire region are in brief the arguments in favor of the bigger unit.

Has anything changed since to make these arguments invalid. Just this..

382. It seems to us, therefore, that there is much to be said for the formation of the larger State and the nothing should be done to impede the realisation of this goal. At the same time, we have to take note of the important fact that, while opinion in Andhra is overwhelmingly in favour of the larger unit, public opinion in Telangana has still to crystallize itself. Important leaders of public opinion in Andhra themselves seem to appreciate that the unification of Telangana with Andhra, though desirable, should be based on a voluntary and willing association of the people and that it is primarily for the people of Telangana to take a decision about their future.

388 Andhra and Telangana have common interests and we hope these interests will tend to bring the people closer to each other. If, however, our hopes for the development of the environment and conditions congenial to the unification of the two areas do not materialise and if public sentiment in Telangana crystallises itself against the unification of the two states, Telangana will have to continue as a separate unit.

Does this have the makings of a loophole where if the ppl of Telengana vote today not to remain they could break away ?

If so the question for the formation of Telengana changes, if the legal basis is present for them to break away, then they can. And could this explain why the centre decided to start the process ?

One thing's for sure, others won't have the liberty to do the same assuming there are no such clauses applying to them so country falling to pieces is not going to happen.

But a referendum would have to be setup in Telangana at some point and only pending its result will any definitive action be taken.

Lord Nemesis said:
I believe that was a question (see the a question mark (?) at the end) just in case you didn't understand the sentence. I don't see where I put worth any logic why people are poor?

That question was question because Mr. Broadway seemed to imply that its some how the fault of the people who bought their lands when the people are willing to sell it away cheap? Maybe he expects that no one should be allowed to buy land outside the village/town/city they were born in. So I wanted to get it straight from him.

Ur sarcasm in the question ,gives the answer .
See the important point that u are missing here is,its not about the poor people, they their land or the rich people buying.The point what is making them sell this land.

Why do u think we still have one of the highest % of child labour in the world ?,is it because their parents are doing that,they are being sent to work,so that they can bring some money to their at the end of the day.We should be looking into finding a solution for eradicating things like this.Instead of asking Whose fault it is.
The goverment,should be doing that.Which it is not doing,i dont say its doing nothing,however it is not doing what is required.
Lord Nemesis said:
For one, people should ensure that TRS does not get elected (which they probably won't). TRS failed miserably in the last elections, it just proves that a majority of Telangana people do not support the party.

For one,TRS is not the only party in the state,that stood/committed for Telangana.See whenever the Elections come every party showed,that they are in support for Telangana and they banked on this.Every party spoke about the "sentiment" and their Support towards it.However TRS 's sole agenda is for Telangana formation ,unlike others.A nationalist Party like congress,cannot come to Telangana and directly say that,we will give telangana ,if u support us and then go to Andhra region and say we are committed to Samaikyandhra.They will not get a seat neither here nor their.Congress had a more broader agenda for the whole instead of just one agenda.So even people from where congress won the seats of this region want Telangana.
And also take the case of TDP or Congress,both went in alliance with TRS during elections to get votes.
So it doesnt prove that people of this region dont want Telangana,if TRS doesnt win a majority.
Small states, big mistake? - Special Report - Sunday TOI - Home - The Times of India

Good Article.
How the regions were before the unification and how each developed over time.
Quote from the article
"There was no common meeting ground, except for the Telugu language. But in Telangana the Telugu spoken was different and had no script. The Telugu in parts of the erstwhile British dominion was Sanskritised and classical"

" it was an uneasy alliance between two unequal economic partners"

"Right now, Telangana may never grow and develop unless the Centre pumps crores into developing it. "

blr_p said:
Its unique in its own way. The last time it was studied was over 50 years back during the SRC

India States Reorganisation Commission Report Telangana Andhra

Has anything changed since to make these arguments invalid. Just this..

Does this have the makings of a loophole where if the ppl of Telengana vote today not to remain they could break away ?

If so the question for the formation of Telengana changes, if the legal basis is present for them to break away, then they can. And could this explain why the centre decided to start the process ?

One thing's for sure, others won't have the liberty to do the same assuming there are no such clauses applying to them so country falling to pieces is not going to happen.

But a referendum would have to be setup in Telangana at some point and only pending its result will any definitive action be taken.

Indeed the State was formed with based on those points,which clearly state that ,the region could be seperated on a legal/constitutional basis.

And the region is ready for any consensus to be taken.Which it has taken many a times.

Andhra is overwhelmingly in favour of the larger unit
It was back then and it is till now that they are in favour of this,for some obvious reasons and vested interests.

And think this,if at all the state is divided into two ,then the Rayalaseema and Andhra region people will kill each other for Capital,Resources and everything,they will not stay together.When it comes to their own region they will say we need our own state like Rayalaseema,Coastal Andhra and Vijayawada region.Now u can understand ,how good they are at thinking about themselves.
All this resignations,protests for Anti Telangana are with some obvious reasons,selfishness of some political leaders.

And if u ask them,Why you are against the formation of Telangana region,when their own people are willing.They will/can not give u ny viable reason.Other than the futile, like we are all Telugu we should be united,what will happen to Our culture,or for that matter what will happen India if everybody wants their own state.

Kamcoolin said:
So it doesnt prove that people of this region dont want Telangana,if TRS doesnt win a majority.

But how do you know that a majority of Telangana people really want a separate state? There is no proof for that either. Even TRS started this fresh bout of agitation over the issue of Hyd being made a free zone for certain public service jobs. The only way for that to be made known is if a special poll is conducted for the people themselves to vote if they want a seperate state. I don't even like the idea of a few elected politicians decide for the people.

So far every one of my Telangana friends and acquaintances is cursing TRS. In fact I was talking to a Telangana friend who works in Hyderabad. He made up his mind to take up a job offer in Noida which he was not ready to take up earlier (because he didn't want to move out and also he was getting nearly same CTC as before). He thinks that Hyd would fare very bad if it becomes part of a seperate Telangana state. This from a guy who took his present job offer in Hyd with a lower a CTC than he was already getting just so he could be in Hyd with his family.

"Right now, Telangana may never grow and develop unless the Centre pumps crores into developing it. "

That's the main problem. It will never get the crore's it needs when the central govt in power sees no political benefit from the same. As a big state AP always had a strong role in the central politics, but once the split happens, it will not retain that prominence. You will need strong leaders with negotiating skills to get the kind of help needed.

i haven't followed this whole controversy in much detail but i find the political fallout of it all incredibly hilarious. all the separatists around the country have come out of the woodwork demanding their own states, and they are going on hunger strikes and what not. almost half the members of the andhra assembly have resigned. more are threatening to do so if this telengana thing moves forward. and pro-telengana members are threatening to resign if it doesn't move forward fast enough. there's a total break down of law and order in the congress controlled state.

frankly, the congress deserves all the shit coming towards them. i bet someone is wishing now that they had let that old f**ker die on his 'hunger strike' (which is what they should have done) to prove the point that they will not be blackmailed into making decisions like this. his miserable life is not worth more than all the devastation and tension that his goondas have caused in the state.

frankly, the congress deserves all the shit coming towards them. i bet someone is wishing now that they had let that old f**ker die on his 'hunger strike' (which is what they should have done) to prove the point that they will not be blackmailed into making decisions like this.
YSR isn't there anymore to hold it all together. Congress reneged on a promise made in 2004. Had they started the process then there would have been less fallout. How much turmoil do you recall there being when Jharkhan, Chattisgarh & Uttrakhand were created ?

Instead of letting him die, had Congress agreed just a day before CSR went on strike, he would be nobody today :)

All these happenings are just serendipity for the opposition, lets see how things go.

Lord Nemesis said:
That's the main problem. It will never get the crore's it needs when the central govt in power sees no political benefit from the same. As a big state AP always had a strong role in the central politics, but once the split happens, it will not retain that prominence. You will need strong leaders with negotiating skills to get the kind of help needed.

If Andhra & Rayalseema hold it together, along with Telangana, then what difference will there be ? These will be just another cpl of states where its imperative to win.

It would be interesting to discuss what the economic fallout will be as a result of the split.

You know i have this feeling that economically Hyderabad won't be affected, because...

If Andhras can buy up Andhra politcans, then they will also be able to buy up Telangana politicans :)

Having said that i think the centre took the right decison in '56 by ignoring the SRC recommendation, but now after 50 years things have not improved maybe its time for a change.

Kamcoolin said:
Guys ,if u want u can follow this link.

E=mc^2

It has lot a of Information,

To know the reasons for a seperate Telangana state.

Interesting read, but it has a lot of claims contrary to what everyone knows as history and and no actual evidence to back it up. Its not like the history he referred to happened 1000 years back. There are a lot of people who were born in the pre-independence era. So at best I would consider it a biased opinion mixed with some imaginatively thought up fictitious history if the author cannot come up with some solid evidence. Not that I have any problem with the opinion part of the write up.

blr_p said:
You know i have this feeling that economically Hyderabad won't be affected, because...

If Andhras can buy up Andhra politcans, then they will also be able to buy up Telangana politicans

Actually that applies to most cities, but the problem would be if any party tries an MNS in Hyd at a larger scale. Its not unlikely either if you see one of broadway's posts where he hopes that Andhra people doing profitable businesses in Hyd would sell them off cheap and leave. I think that's actually what a lot of the Pro telangana activists following TRS hope to have in the end. Now that will never happen if the govt is fair regardless of whoever is in control. The only way that will happen is if some party tries to do an MNS, resort to violence and make life difficult for businesses.

Lord Nemesis said:
So at best I would consider it a biased opinion mixed with some imaginatively thought up fictitious history if the author cannot come up with some solid evidence.
Could you highlight any points you think are wrong ?

Lord Nemesis said:
Now that will never happen if the govt is fair regardless of whoever is in control. The only way that will happen is if some party tries to do an MNS, resort to violence and make life difficult for businesses.
I doubt that will happen because it would in effect kill Hyderabad. Ppl that want it have unrealistic expectations.

Corruption here will save the day because politicans think of their bellies first before the rest :)

:OT:

@broadway...

Nice posts u made.. what do u do in real life? A professor i presume. :)

@kamcool..

u joined here just to talk abt this.. anyways nice to read ur posts too... :)

m-jeri said:
@kamcool..

u joined here just to talk abt this.. anyways nice to read ur posts too... :)
Yeah Thanks for Ur ConfirmatioN ,I joined here on Dec 1st 2009
Or let me guess what u think. May be i Joined Back in Mar 2009,thinking that something would happen like this and i'll able make some posts abt this.:hap2:.

Lord Nemesis said:
And whose fault is that?
Telangana people are helpless before everyone else and are unable to utilize the resources in their own land and how everyone else is exploiting telangana and how you were so helpless all these years. Reeks of an inferiority complex and pessimism to me.
You had an administration advantage and you used that power and kept telangana deprived off infrastructure, education and anything that would allow them to take control of there inheritance. You kept this going on for years and decades and now your defense(or attack) is that they are "incapable"? "Unable"? Now wasn't this a strategy right out of a military psy-ops book? You think people don't see that?

Lord Nemesis said:
And I would say its a few telangana people idling away their time in demands for a new state because they want easy jobs/money and progress without working for it
The formation of telangana will be inevitable. It might take years but it will eventually happen. Im afraid it won't be peaceful though. Coastal will let bloods flow before letting go. I don't think they had any problems or even flinch when they began the psychological operations in telangana for decades and this result, of the "incapability" of telangana is what they have to show for and to justify there current involvement in the region. You reap what you sow.

Lord Nemesis said:
the last 1000 years Telangana is the only region in India that has been under foreign rule. Maybe you should revise your school history books once more.
No? Soon as the peaceful crusaders loosened there noose around telangana it fell right in the hands of a brother who kept it deprived for another 50 years and all it contributed to the region was hunger and misery. As the saying goes.

Hungry people don't stay hungry for long.
They get hope through fire and smoke as they reach for the dawn.

Lord Nemesis said:
Oh and they don't exchange that oil for food? Money, Oil, Minerals...in the end everything boils down to food and agriculture is the primary source of it. Its the ultimate currency.
Ok. Enough. Your not talking economics. Argument it seems is your only purpose with me.

Kamcoolin said:
Yeah Thanks for Ur ConfirmatioN ,I joined here on Dec 1st 2009
Or let me guess what u think. May be i Joined Back in Mar 2009,thinking that something would happen like this and i'll able make some posts abt this.:hap2:.

One have to start in some thread being active. :hap2:

Back in the news...

HC comes to telangana's rescue. Andhra fights back...
AP govt in SC against HC order to move out forces from Osmania
The apex court, which posted the matter for hearing tomorrow, asked the state government to come out with the answer as to who permitted the stationing of para-military forces in the campus.

"Our concern is about the installation of tents and barricades in the university campus. It does not show a good sign," a Bench comprising Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan and Justices S H Kapadia and Aftab Alam said when the state government mentioned its petition for urgent hearing and stay of the Andhra Pradesh High Court order.
"The state government has to determine the forces needed," he said justifying the presence of para-military forces in the campus.
Andhra moves SC to challenge HC order. What does the SC has to say?
SC finds paramilitary inside Osmania 'disturbing'
“The Supreme Court has said that deployment of paramilitary forces inside a university campus is disturbing. The Andhra government has to submit its explanation before the Supreme Court by Friday,†said local media.

Earlier, the Andhra government had told the Supreme Court that forces were deployed to control regular outbreak of violence at the campus over the Telangana issue. On Friday, the state government will have to name the person(s) who ordered the deployment of the forces.
And then this...
AP: Cong MPs accuse police of molesting OU girls

It was supposedly the only college before independence. Plus it's in hyderabad where people could get themselves heard.

The only other university opened up in telangana region since independence was kakatiya university.

So the story so far is..
- Submit to the commision and whatever its findings are.
- Nothing can be done until the report is in. This can take how ever long its politically suitable to do so. If commission says no, raise a hue & cry and then we can have second commision to do dbl-checking...rinse & repeat.
- Problem kinda goes away for some time

I guess the appropriate expression to use here is Telangana movement has been 'fixed' :eek:hyeah:

That is if one is of a conspiratorial & negative mindset assuming that to give Telangana is lose-lose for Congress. The last commision found to the contrary but was ignored at the time, meaning its still possible to come to the same conclusion ie let Telangana go. But this might put Congress in an awkward position and therefore chances are higher the answer will be to Congress liking.

What i cannot figure out yet is whether letting Telangana go is clearly lose-lose, everything hinges on that point i think.

Back