Careers and Employment Thread

No takers for VMware? I am completing 6 years of "continuous service" this year with VMware with the GemStone.com team all through, which got acquired in mid May 2010 btw, and I don't need to tell you why I've stuck around this long :D Just look at the Q3 financial results on seekingalpha.com - solid numbers despite big acquisitions and a down economy this year.

So far I've got one awesome resume and cover letter from a TE member and am excited to try and get this person on-board ASAP :D You know who you are!

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore, if you're interested in working at VMware in Pune or Bangalore in whatever role, be it engineering or others and you don't get a yay/nay response from the careers website then let me know what you are applying for and send me your (or anyone you know) CV/resume so that I can bring it to the attention of our recruiters to screen it for open positions :)

Furthermore, if you're interested in working at VMware in Pune or Bangalore in whatever role, be it engineering or others and you don't get a yay/nay response from the careers website then let me know what you are applying for and send me your (or anyone you know) CV/resume so that I can bring it to the attention of our recruiters to screen it for open positions :)

Any openings for freshers??

IT Engg graduate from Mumbai University.

You (or the interested person) will have to check vmware.com/in/careers to be sure, but you can send me the resume (and optional cover letter) telling me the roles and locations of interest and I can simply forward it along to internal recruiters so they can screen it against matching open positions :) As a fresher, it might be harder, and pretty impossible if the opening says stuff like "5-10 years work ex", you get the idea, right? :)

A friend asked me this.
How much min. % do you require to have if you are planning to give GMAT or GRE? He's doing engineering ATM.

Looking for techies:
We're a fast growing web hosting firm and are always looking for young techies to give them a chance to put their skills to the test.
If you know your servers and have some experience with linux, this place is perfect for you!

The position of level 2 + support technician at Lanos Technologies is the perfect place to flex your tech skills. From diagnosing hardware and software issues to inventing new ways to assist customers from entry level to enterprise, you will find the perfect balance of challenge and energy in just about everything you do with us.

We are interested in level 2 + support technicians that possess an ample supply of customer service experience as well as acute technical ability. As a leader in managed, dedicated server, and cloud hosting solutions, we require employees to have a firm understanding of hardware/software functionality, as well as experience in networking to fulfill day-to-day roles.

If you think you are the person for the job, have initiative, are reliable, have sound transportation, and are punctual, we might very well have a place for you among our ranks. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are a must in order to fit well into our high paced environment.

Responsibilities:
- Serve as level 2 & 3 support technician.
- Solve, or escalate issues via ticket, phone and chat mediums.

Required Experience: Experience in the following areas is a necessity in order to perform your job effectively.

- Must have basic to intermediate knowledge of the following operating systems: Windows server (2k, 2k3, 2008), Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, BSD, Debian.
- Must have a good understanding of the following control panels : cPanel, veportal, solusvm, whmcs
- Must understand and be able to troubleshoot the following software: HTTP, DNS (Bind), SMTP, POP3, FTP, SFTP, SSH, RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol), MSSQL, MySQL, Microsoft Exchange, Network connectivity.
- Must have an understanding of RAID, Hardware components (RAM, Hard Drives, Power Supply, CPU, Perc Cards, Ethernet, DRAC)
- Must be able to troubleshoot servers and know how to replace hardware components.

Additional Experience not required, but preferred:

- Network cabling (Cat5(6)/Ethernet)
- Experience with Cisco, Extreme, Dell, and Juniper L2/L3 devices.
- Programming (Shell Scripting, PHP/.NET/HTML for in-house projects)
- Virtualization experience with VMWare and Xen Server.
- Load balancing and high availability technologies and concepts.
- Prior experience working in support or working in a data center.

Send me your resumes at virat [@] cwebsites.com

Perl Programmers @ IBM, Kolkata - 3-6 years of Experience

* This is into content processing and requires extensive perl coding skills.
* Linux shell scripting familiarity is a plus but not a requirement.
* XML parsing, OO Perl experience is a plus.

Feel free to pm me if anyone is interested.

Latest opening dated 8th November 2012

Job Title:
Mainframe developers in Card/Payments Domain

Experience : 2-4 years

Latest opening dated 22nd November 2012

Job Title: Flex Developer

Experience : 4-8 years
-----------------------------------------
Job Title: HP Asset Center

Experience : 4-8 years

--------------------------------
Job Title: Protocol Stack Development

Experience : 3-12 years

Latest opening dated 29th November 2012

Job Title: Testing 2G/3G/4G

Experience : 2-8 years
Job Title: Duck Creek BA

Experience : 5-9 years
Job Title: Protocol Stack Development

Experience : 3-12 years

Latest opening dated 13th December 2012

Job Title: BI Lead & Data Analyst

Experience : 15+ years of exp
Valid H1B visa must

No takers for VMware?

So far I've got one awesome resume and cover letter from a TE member and am excited to try and get this person on-board ASAP :D You know who you are!

Damm, I thought you would have got plenty of resumes for VMware.

Just out of curiosity, what was so awesome about the resume you received?

Latest opening dated 14th December 2012

Job Title: JAVA Consultants for BFS

Experience : 3-8 years
Skills : Core JAVA, Springs or Hibernate
Domain : Banking/Finance Domain

I have worked with VMWare bangalore for 2 years and it was the worst 2 years of my professional life.
Reasons being -
- Too many managers, some too much nosy.
- Close company, especially in India. Knowledge sharing is minimum in person.
- US peers will sit over work to avoid leaking it to India.
- Racist colleagues(fscking hated this to the core).

Your mileage may vary, Vishal's team looks like a good one. Try there if you can. It is a good place to have a personal and professional balance in life.
I now work for a telecom startup and I love my job.

Job TitleGradeLocationJob Specifics
Electrical Engineer IIGBangaloreExtensive knowledge of Server operating system configuration, TCP/IP networking hardware, protocols, and LAN configuration, knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies, network design, and web security architectures. 6+ yrs of experience in Linux kernel, device driver and socket programming
Electrical Associate Engineer IIIFBangaloreExtensive knowledge of Server operating system configuration, TCP/IP networking hardware, protocols, and LAN configuration, knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies, network design, and web security architectures. 4+ yrs of experience in Linux kernel, device driver and socket programming
Software Development Analyst (OWB)IEBangaloreShould have 3-4yrs experience in ETL tool such as OWB, ODI
Application Management AnalystIEBangalore2-4yrs experience on L1-L2 support for Informatica / Abinitio ETL for Data warehouse. Interact with business partners, data stewards and development partners.
Business Systems Analyst/Sr. AnalystIFBangalore2-5yrs experience in Oracle apps financial functional consultant. Must have experience in AR, GL and Cash Management.
Business Systems Sr. AnalystIFBangalore4-8 yrs experience in requirements gathering, analysis and documentation. Domain experience in Payments & SEPA Compliance.
IT Manager IIMCBangalore10-12yrs experience in Application Management, Maintenance & L3 Support. Should have 2yrs experience in Project and People Management.
Database Admin AdvisorIGBangalore5+ yrs experience with business intelligence tools development – MicroStrategy preferred, Business Objects, Crystal, or other experience suitable
Software Dev AdvisorIGBangalore5 yrs experience with programming languages: C#, Javascript, jQuery, AJAX, SQL. MicroStrategy or other BI tool experience preferred
Software Dev AnalystIEBangalore2+ years experience writing SQL: query, programming, logic, 2+ years IT support or service management experience

Latest opening dated 20th December 2012

Job Title: Actimize Developer for BFS domain

Experience : 2-15 years
Domain : Banking/Finance Domain

Do you have any job opportunity for B.Tech 2011 pass outs of electronics engineering branch?I have not been able to get any electronics job..many of my friends are still searching for it..Can you help in any way?

Back