Champions League no more...

What a childish squabble...

so let me join in by saying FC Basel have always been giant killers, some years back when I used to follow Champions League they did the same kind of thing to other big teams, Manu just managed to survive their away game, this time ...hard luck.

- ManU fan since 1999 Bayern v Manu Finals

quixand said:
What a childish squabble...

so let me join in by saying FC Basel have always been giant killers, some years back when I used to follow Champions League they did the same kind of thing to other big teams, Manu just managed to survive their away game, this time ...hard luck.

- ManU fan since 1999 Bayern v Manu Finals

Special note the bolded part please.

And Giant Killers who?

I remember them losing to Middlesbrough in 2006/07 Europa League Quarters (or was it Semis) when the mighty

Boro had Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in their ranks. Massimo Maccarone scored 2 away goals to kick them out of the Europa League when Boro were under Steve McLaren.

Talk FACTS or dont talk ;). FACT!! (Rafa Benitez style, lol).

Oetul Galati (Who?), FC Basel (Who?), Benefica FC (Who? they finished 4th in the portuguese league) and you still think it is Okay not to qualify from such a weak group. lulz xD.

Damn,watched the match till 40min,should've watched till the end,missed the criticism from those c2k guys from ten action+:(,man u paid the price for taking the whole group lightly,now play in europa league.:tongue:

Jasku said:
They have the potential no doubt, but the temperament and experience is lacking, and hence I feel United have a better chance.

Nope we have no chance, not this season, unless everyone miraculously comes out of injury.

Let me analyse the current team, from a personal point of view.

GK Tomasz Kuszczak - Average
GK David de Gea - Doing well
GK Anders Lindegaard - Good
GK Ben Amos - Decent
LB Patrice Evra - Average so useless
CB Phil Jones - Brilliant but lacks experience
CB Rio Ferdinand - Getting old and slow
CB Jonny Evans - Average so useless
CB Chris Smalling - Good but inexperienced
CB Nemanja Vidić (captain) - Injured
LB Fábio - Injured
RB Rafael - Injured
CAM Anderson - Injured
LM Ryan Giggs - Old is gold apparently
CM Park Ji-Sung - All he does is run, though sometimes it pays off
CM Michael Carrick - Only good central midfield player we have who is not injured
LM Nani - Doing very well
RM Ashley Young - Not the same as the beginning of the season
CM Tom Cleverley - Injured
CM Darren Fletcher - Still not back in form
RM Antonio Valencia - Good
CM Darron Gibson - Average
CM Paul Pogba - Has very very good prospects, but needs more games.
FW Dimitar Berbatov - Injured
FW Michael Owen - Injured
FW Wayne Rooney - Doing well at everything except at scoring a goal
FW Javier Hernández - Injured
FW Danny Welbeck - He is alright but inexperienced
FW Federico Macheda - Average
FW Mame Biram Diouf - Average

To sum up:
1. Forward: We have just 1 good striker who can't seem to find the back of the net.
2. Defence: 5 defenders fit, 3 inexperienced, 1 old and just 1 LB
3. Midfield: Not much hope there since carrick is the only sort of playmaker we have. Abundance of wingers though but what the point if the spine is not there.
4. Injuries: No one is returning before new years.
5. At the start of the season, cleverley and jones were the key and were destroying everyone in their path. The team was playing like a well oiled machine on steroids. Since the injuries everything has fallen apart. No chemistry because so team changes.

Thus, unless god himself comes down and saves us, logically we have no hope ATM. Tons of blind faith though, which comes because of loyalty.

kauzy said:
LOSERS. period.

Yea right. That was original . Well done !

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Darthcoder said:

And Giant Killers who?

I remember them losing to Middlesbrough in 2006/07 Europa League Quarters (or was it Semis) when the mighty

Boro had Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in their ranks. Massimo Maccarone scored 2 away goals to kick them out of the Europa League when Boro were under Steve McLaren.

Oetul Galati (Who?), FC Basel (Who?), Benefica FC (Who? they finished 4th in the portuguese league) and you still think it is Okay not to qualify from such a weak group. lulz xD.

19 times English Champions. Period. Now that is called a FACHT !

We execute??? You just ""exited"" champions league and that's what I said " You just keep remembering the past" .... @Vicky: Its for Manutd, no hard feelings for you :)
xtremevicky said:
We dont dream. We execute.

FYI , Who are the league champions last season ?

chiragsthakur said:
We execute??? You just ""exited"" champions league and that's what I said " You just keep remembering the past" .... @Vicky: Its for Manutd, no hard feelings for you :)

Lol. So we exited the Champions League ?

Which club you support BTW and lemme tell you the present !

Oh so keen to know the club I support.... ARSENAL....... Yeah, lemme hear what you are going to say about present..... I am unaware .... I am listening...

Can't we decide whether we are will be discussing (AHEM!!!) things related to inter season or intra season?

Because all I see is that people keep posting things which don't belong to the category they are supposed to.

I don't know what I am saying makes any sense whatsoever...

chiragsthakur said:
Oh so keen to know the club I support.... ARSENAL....... Yeah, lemme hear what you are going to say about present..... I am unaware .... I am listening...

Calm down mate

xtremevicky said:
Lol. So we exited the Champions League ?

Which club you support BTW and lemme tell you the present !

You too calm down.

Oh and BTW do you realise what a crappy season we are having or not?

chiragsthakur said:

When was the last time your club achieved something . Come back when your kids finally mature !

mjumrani said:
Can't we decide whether we are will be discussing (AHEM!!!) things related to inter season or intra season?

Because all I see is that people keep posting things which don't belong to the category they are supposed to.

I don't know what I am saying makes any sense whatsoever...

Calm down mate

You too calm down.

Oh and BTW do you realise what a crappy season we are having or not?

So you are telling me you did not see this coming ?

We have been short of a World Class Midfielder since Keano retired. Nothing has changed. Fletch has been ok-good but the virus has changed him. Carrick is a poor man Carrick.

This is Transition . I fully expect to come out of it .

I expect us to come out of it too. But not tomorrow. Will take a few transfers I think.

Lets see what Fergie does in January. He has to so something.
I'm being hammered left, right and centre by my friends. I really need a break :ashamed:

xtremevicky said:
Come back when you win a trophy !
xtremevicky said:
When was the last time your club achieved something . Come back when your kids finally mature !

So you are telling me you did not see this coming ?

We have been short of a World Class Midfielder since Keano retired. Nothing has changed. Fletch has been ok-good but the virus has changed him. Carrick is a poor man Carrick.

This is Transition . I fully expect to come out of it .

Ha ha so that is your answer to everything...just forget everything all the past and just say Hail Man u re? League titles are all fine when farji spends all the money on referees and not on the players...but unfortunately that is not possible for him to do in UEFA...

Your team was like r'ed twice in the finals and a total disgrace for the finals...am so glad that it got knocked out so early...

atleast we will have a fair and eventful UEFA final afterall...

and by false claims I mean ... last to last season Farji said we will win 4 cups...returned with 1 ...guess what was it? yes carling cup...thats c alled false claims

last season evra said man city are just noisy neighbours and cant beat the all mighty overhyped club...he and his club got spanked well and truly...false arrogant claims...

Now they said greatest club in english history...how? ... 19 league wins...and what about UEFA...Liv 5(2) Man u 3(2) ...so ?? btw bracket ones are the runner's up because I am sure you will boast about that next..

msankadi said:
Ha ha so that is your answer to everything...just forget everything all the past and just say Hail Man u re? League titles are all fine when farji spends all the money on referees and not on the players...but unfortunately that is not possible for him to do in UEFA...

Your team was like r'ed twice in the finals and a total disgrace for the finals...am so glad that it got knocked out so early...

atleast we will have a fair and eventful UEFA final afterall...

and by false claims I mean ... last to last season Farji said we will win 4 cups...returned with 1 ...guess what was it? yes carling cup...thats c alled false claims

last season evra said man city are just noisy neighbours and cant beat the all mighty overhyped club...he and his club got spanked well and truly...false arrogant claims...

Now they said greatest club in english history...how? ... 19 league wins...and what about UEFA...Liv 5(2) Man u 3(2) ...so ?? btw bracket ones are the runner's up because I am sure you will boast about that next..
Really man, how kiddish can you be?

Do you even know what you are saying or just want to rant?

Fergie spending money on referees. A manager buying referees. Really dude? Have you even heard about the rules in FA and UEFA?

Last season city were the noisy neighbours. Again the key words are last season

And whats Liverpool's record nowadays? 1 trophy every 6 years?

You didn't even qualify for europa, so seriously the next time you say something make sure you know what you are saying instead of ranting mindlessly.

And have you ever watched football? There is no written script for the game. Anything can happen.

Oh and guess what I did here.

I didn't even say anything about united and told you that you are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Darthcoder said:

And Giant Killers who?

You should replace Shebby Singh on ESPN , Cartoons ki kami nahi hai.

Here you go, check out some media from '02 CL you will understand why they were called giant killers. And please learn the meaning of Giant Killers too.

Your quotes from random matches isn't relevant, here.

Here are your facts -

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2002/clubs/club=59856/matches/index.html

Valencia, Deportivo, Juventus, Liverpool, they didn't let anybody win that season and were virtually impregnable at home, barring a few matches, which is why commentators/experts billed them as GIANT KILLERS.

So go watch some archive footage, instead of making lame Benitez jokes.

And I wasn't defending ManU, FC Basel played well, they deserve the credit. Call yourself retard every morning or go back to the first grade and learn comprehension. df!

:) yeah told me I was wrong by saying the obvious...

I am not a fool to see that obv being a Man U fan you would

1. See all their groups and draws in UEFA over the last two years as coincidents

2. Referees 'favoring' Farji was all over the press last year...when city vs man u was extended /... if you read the net it is termed as FST (farji standard time)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...memorable-matches-United-won-injury-time.html

There is no such word/phrase as "record nowadays" - historical record in itself includes the time component it is a record of all the history of any particular thing ..not the specific history which you wish to take based on your mortal existence or self-interest. So it does not matter if Liverpool wins 1 trophy every 6 years...what matters is THE record not nowadays record..5-3 is what the record says when I last checked ...and obv man U would be even lower than once every 6 years...otherwise by Mathematics (yes general not specific or nowadays) Man u would have surpassed liverpool in uefa titles...i..

I cant answer your question if I have ever watched football because that is like trying to prove I am wearing clothes or I bathe daily

^just to add something,

One win, one loss does not define a club.

One season doesn't define a club either, except for maybe Arsenal with their invincibles record.

Just a personal point of view

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Back