Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

90% of COVID-19 patients who got fake Remdesivir survived: Report

Probably, Ramdev kitchen's ‘Coronil‘ also worked with placebo effect, some compounds in herbs may've had 0.01% efficiency.

attaching a December study, thoroughly debunking the 50 percent theory.
Thank you!

That alone has remained the reason why I wouldn't let my 64 y.o mum take the vaccine.
Don't let politics convince you to risk the lives of your loved ones.
CoviShiled offers decent protection and is available for 45+. Let her take it.
AstraZeneca has put out enough data to prove it works, it may not be the best, but it's our best bet at the moment.
Pfizer / Moderna may not be available in 2021 in India. (My assumption).
Preliminary Spanish study shows that AstraZeneca + Pfizer combination is doable and relatively safe.

My state is BJP ruled so I won't be surprised if the govt here insist we get Covaxin saying there is no stock of Covishield or other vaccines.
AFAIK, Nobody is being forced to take a particular vaccine and CoviShield has been far more available than Covaxin.

True, very true..our immune response against the virus has been completely crazy and erratic.
Completely healthy individuals developed extremely severe disease ( even after mRNA/ non mRNA vaccines) which can't be explained by immune escape.
I know of 3 cases ( all are/ were doctors) in Czech Republic, all them had pretty high IgG levels on first day of symptoms ( vaccinated with 2 doses of Moderna in January)
All of them never left Prague since Christmas (no chance of UK or Modi variant), developed severe ARDS within 7-8 days of onset(straight ARDS from mild fever and cough overnight)
2 of them succumbed after 3rd and 4th day of ventilation.
One of them miraculously escaped, he was put through a crazy treatment regimen of IV Ig followed by extensive plasmapheresis ( went really bad after 1 dose of 0.4g/kg of IV Ig, the plasmapheresis was in fact done to remove the immunoglobulins!!)
Genuinely good intensivists ( not anaesthesiologists..2 are DM in critical care from AIIMS, New Delhi, were brought from Birmingham, they are really good ) treated all of them.
This D-dimer is a very unpredictable and notorious marker, the one who survived had the highest levels ( way over 100 times of upper limit)
Post mortem revealed massive pulmonary embolism in both the deceased, however their D-dimer levels were below 2 times normal of upper range, CT angio of pulmonary circulation were NORMAL. But there were some ventilation/ perfusion mismatch ( not very high though)
These 3 cases shook everyone, all the reports were sent to practically all pulmonologists in Germany and Sweden, as these guys are only after pulmonary embolism in covid since March last year. No one has been able to explain what went wrong and what the treating people missed. Thankfully there has been no further report of such mysterious mortality and morbidity.
Basically even after one year, we are mostly as clueless as Ramdev/ 56 incher.
We are fighting a very dumb virus, it's so incredibly dumb that normal people can't predict it's plan ( or lack of it)
Everyone thought it's heading towards a dangerous convergent mutation, but it's planning something else, something extremely dumb...HIV is a beautiful intelligent virus, so the course is predictable by human, so are most bacteria...this freaking RNA thread is super dumb..

Wuhan lab staff had Covid-like symptoms before outbreak disclosed, says report

Wondering why were are seeing this today...
Here is a analysis which looks at why a lab accident cannot be ruled out. Some of those who rushed to dismiss this theory early in 2020 had a conflict on interest which they did not disclose:
https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-origin-of-covid-did-people-or-nature-open-pandoras-box-at-wuhan/

Pfizer / Moderna may not be available in 2021 in India. (My assumption
Looks like it is definitely going to be a while before we get these vaccines.. States are lead to compete amongst themselves for vaccines and now this..

Why is it so difficult for people to accept the fact that I am an Indian by birth?
My mother had brown hair, just inherited that. Can speak Bangla like any Bengali.
What's so wrong in marrying someone from another country?
Nobody in Europe never asked me these stupid questions.
What do my skin/ hair colour/ ethnicity of my wife got to do with the profession?

In traditional societies, people will baulk at anything foreign and odd one out of the norm. Don't think it is about your individuality, they are not used to your personality.

Once they start know know, they will learn to accept you far better.

It is not unique to India, for eg., try Japan. You will find poor and naive in India are tons better, once you peel off the intricately complex harsh layers of closet racism within Japanese.

Last edited:
Why is it so difficult for people to accept the fact that I am an Indian by birth?
My mother had brown hair, just inherited that. Can speak Bangla like any Bengali.
What do my skin/ hair colour/ ethnicity of my wife got to do with the profession?
Are you getting crap from folks via PM?

Paste those messages in open forum. If idiots want to crap on you in private then shame them publicly.

Ignore these narrow minded people. However Indians face such questions in other countries also. Here is a comedians take on this:

No, no!! Not the forum members!! I do get a lot of DMs, but people here are very friendly and understanding and helpful. Found some great friends here...from different parts of India.
In fact some of my Bengali doctor friends are really pissed off with me as I don't have a filter and criticize doctors in medical forums for looting helpless patients and ask them for justification for many decisions.
I may come across as a complete egocentric asshole from some of my posts here.
But in real life I'm really not that obnoxious..yes, I am not polished, use the f word in every sentence, I give my 110 percent when I'm in the covid ward and don't tolerate any laziness (passed out twice due to dehydration) As a boss I am very demanding. But I will allow adequate leave ( over and above what's allowed) if someone is having genuine personal or family problems. I have no issues working as a cleaning crew, nursing staff, will clean up patients, change their sheets, diapers, puke.
No one can accuse me of dishonesty, negligence and being disrespectful to a fellow human being. I may blast a junior doctor/ nurse/ senior consultant, but never ever in front of everyone. But I will take all the blame for my team's mistake and face the consequences. It has already happened few times here also.
I will enjoy a smoke with family members of patients, have lunch, dinner with them, explain them million times about plan of management or how the patient is doing. If they have suggestions, will listen to those and implement if necessary.
But I'm not going to answer them about why I'm covered in tattoos, long hair, skin and hair colour. I have no problem if someone asks about my personal life, family, how much money I make. But there's a line that no one is supposed to cross.
Some uncles here crosses that. They ask about absolutely personal questions including our sex life!! What kind of people do that?
You can try to live like an open book, but it doesn't mean people can ask you about what you do in your bedroom. Can they?
I've completely integrated myself in a culture, where people don't ask such silly questions.
I'm over 40, my sex life is really not that interesting now. Sure it's good..but I'm not going to discuss it with people whom I barely know. And no!! Decent Czech people don't indulge in the group thing..I've never been to any such parties and have absolutely no interest in such crazy things. We indulge in much more life fulfilling activities. We have a kid and another is on the way for God's sake!!
And NO!! It's probably no different with white/ black/ blue/ yellow/ purple skin colours, at least I have pretty limited experience. Human anatomy and physiology is same everywhere.

Man even Flipkart didn't know that the state of Nagaland is in India.

Yes, people from Northeast has suffered a lot from this strange attitude. And if a person from Nagaland raises his/ her voice...130 crore people will go after that person and make the life hell.

Far earlier, South Indians were threatened with violence and packed away from then Bombay en masse.

If we were racists, we wouldn't be living with South-Indians: BJP's Tarun Vijay

Old news, but that is the what it is.

Far earlier, South Indians were threatened with violence and packed away from then Bombay en masse.
If I'm not wrong, they attempted to do something similar with North Indians (specifically people from Bihar and UP as well), though not sure how successful that was.

The attack against north Indians were of far lesser impact, happened in a short window for exploitation of bipartisan politics between SS and MNS.

But, attack against south Indians took longer and had larger impact. Since it happened several decades back, information about the brutality of violence and statistics on impact of the same is not recorded anywhere. But, that did change the political landscape, the remnants of which prevails till now.

I had a horrific experience in North India, but now I have a friend from Haryana ( a fellow TE member)
He is a fantastic guy, honest, kind, open minded. He's possibly not very highly educated ( formal education) but knows a lot of things of real practical importance.
He's a very wealthy guy and instead of donating to some useless religious organization, supporting a truly needy family.

So formal education probably has nothing to do with attitude ( the knowledge- attitude- practice thing of public health is not applicable to social science)
https://www.boredpanda.com/racism-i...oogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
An interesting article...according to it any many other, East and Central European countries are far worse compared to the rest. But my personal experience has been different.
May be I was plain lucky, but never felt unsafe in those countries in general. Yes, I've been to really dangerous areas, but those places are dangerous even for their own citizens.
I wrote my life changing paper while living in tunnels with homeless drug addicts, most of them won't think twice before stabbing you if they need money during withdrawal. I didn't even speak/ understand much of their language..it was so risky that I was given a firearm after 1 day in a shooting range. Though I would rather die than shooting a drug addict during withdrawal.
It was a daily battle to stay alive but the experience gained was unmatched.
My biggest achievement in life is that paper and Gabor Maté's heartwarming handwritten letter for that paper.
Gabor actually spent a significant time of his life under similar circumstances and truly understands addiction ( without being a drug addict himself, his addiction was high resolution audio!! Something I still suffer from)
Even he didn't dare to enter the area where we spent a long time.
I will humbly request all to watch this video, trust me, you will learn a lot about life, not only addiction.
Len will be featured in the same show in September this year. I will also be there with her, but it will be her show, she deserves it, not many women have taken risks like she did.
Can I create a thread on addiction? Not necessarily substance/ alcohol, but any addiction.
That's an issue I'm very very familiar with and can truly contribute something meaningful to this forum.
Not trying to beat my own drums, but my single paper on addiction was actually used to edit a chapter on the Bible of medical science.. Harrison's Textbook of Internal Medicine. That's basically how we could generate college fund for our kid.

Last edited:
Back