Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Thanks man, will surely order the capsule..many of my friends here are interested about Indian herbal remedies, but I know nothing about these things.
Is it ( Ashwagandha) safe for everyone? Can women take it?

Thanks man, will surely order the capsule..many of my friends here are interested about Indian herbal remedies, but I know nothing about these things.
My mother aged 75 years take daily without any side affect.
Start with one capsule/day, than after 15 days may increase to two. Higher dose may cause diarrhea !

^^^i dont promote or recommend , its just to give you an insight ,there are many ,but unfortunately its not very well documented

And if you have house with garden or have possibilities of planting plants and trees

and i recommend to plant a neem tree ,if its feasible or the temperature suits the tree

Last edited:
Over 3.81 lakh people vaccinated so far in India. Two vaccines have been given emergency approval for India’s immunisation programme;
  1. The Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, known in India as Covishield (produced by Serum Institute of India)
  2. Covaxin, developed by the pharmaceutical company Bharat Biotech.

I'll put up a seperate detailed thread* but for the time being - please don't buy any herbs/ herbal formulations:
a) promising broad spectrum miracles based on anecdotal/historical literature claims, and
b) whose ingredient quality, source and original manufacturer details are untraceable.

*Couple starter resources:
1. Magic Pills - CBC News Canada
2. Lab analysis of two famous Bharatiye products/brands

@quakze which brand of ashwaganda are you currently using ?
There are so many private brands which are selling the Ashwagandha powder for higher prices, but no difference in quality compare to Patanjali.
31Tr+JoK+SL.jpg

I take tea spoon before bed, and mother takes half spoon !

Note: I am no way promoting or paid for the review, this is sole my personal review.

@quakze which brand of ashwaganda are you currently using ?
Kindly don't go on taking the herbs indiscriminately, doesn't mean if that suited him, will suit to you or anyone else.

Ashwagandha belongs to a group of meds called rasayanas, aka rejuvinators in Ayurveda, it does produce a calming effect..coz technically its a medhyarasayana which means works as a brain tonic. ... helps in improving the sperm count too if taken along with proper other ayurveda recommended combinations...

But side by side its a hot energy herb and may cause heat imbalance in some, might shoot the BP too, in many..
Causes heartburn in a lot of individuals.

Always better to consult a QUALIFIED Ayurveda consultant before taking something ayurvedic or so called herbal for that matter.

ALSO SHOULD BE USED CAREFULLY BY WOMEN.

Last edited:
I'll put up a seperate detailed thread* but for the time being - please don't buy any herbs/ herbal formulations:
a) promising broad spectrum miracles based on anecdotal/historical literature claims, and
b) whose ingredient quality, source and original manufacturer details are untraceable.

*Couple starter resources:
1. Magic Pills - CBC News Canada
2. Lab analysis of two famous Bharatiye products/brands
I also don't believe in herbal formulations, I take pure herbal powder only.
There is more benefit than any harm by taking herbs, as natural as nature can provide.

Go with Dhootpapeshwar products, then by SriSri or Baidyanath, if not avail, then ZANDU/Himalya, if not available then DABUR.. if none above brand avail then go with Patanjali.

I did full 1 yr course with Patnjali that cost me Rs.25000/- for Kidney Stone/Back Pain/Joint Pain .. but I found that through out course my left side stomach always troubling/mild pain/feel like fullness-gas etc., I complaint same with Patanjali Vaidya (Ayurvedic Doctor said to certified by Patanjali) but he avoid any direct answer and keep changing medicines.. but no use....

and lock down strikes (March 2020).... Patanjali shop (local store) closed for few days and I left no option but to buy Dhootpapeshwar brand medicine (same ingredients of Patanjali medicines) that I source from near by Medical shop and just like miracle .. no more pain on left side of stomach.....

but Dhootpapeshwar medicines are costly... so again after 1 month, turn to Patanjali (when shop opens in June after lock down) and again stomach pain starts.... stop using Patanjali medicine in-between and bought Dhootpapeshwar brand medicines and problem solved.

Also one thing I noticed.... about Satavarex Granules/Satavari Powder/Shatavari ... that ... ALL big brand Pharmacy put 2% shatavri powder per 10gram while Dhootpapeshwar put 4% per 10 gram... so if Dhootpapeshwar doing same with other medicines also.. then no wonder why that are more effective for me then others.

other things, if you use any Guggul/Guggulu base medicines then prefer Dhootpapeshwar brand only, as only this brand make some scientific process that guggul won't upset stomach. They have full page note in every medicine where they specify what changes/process they doing with & what is it's lab testing report.

Note: Have had no issue with Patanjali kwath (pure dried herbs/mix herbs to make kadha/DECOCTION), still using it with 2-3 month gap, but noticed stomach pain with each & every Tablets that Patnajali Vaidya Prescribed.

HTH
for Women Shatavari/Satavrex/Satavar (powder/granules) is best age old remedies.

Last edited:
Wow!! You guys are really into Indian traditional medicines!!
As a doctor ( of modern medicine) I am aware of chronic conditions where modern medicine fails miserably. Does Ayurveda really help in those cases?
Is anyone here an Ayurvedic practitioner? Can you please post links of genuine Ayurvedic medical forums/ articles/ journals? It would be of great help.

As a doctor ( of modern medicine) I am aware of chronic conditions where modern medicine fails miserably. Does Ayurveda really help in those cases?
Is anyone here an Ayurvedic practitioner? Can you please post links of genuine Ayurvedic medical forums/ articles/ journals? It would be of great help.
Arjuna helps with mild to medium cardiac issues .

Drop a pm to me with all your queries.

Not any particular query, want to learn about the basics..MOA of these herbs, indications, contraindications...any book I can download or buy..things like that.
For example we have Harrison's textbook of medicine ( it's kind of a Bible to is)..what's the equivalent in Ayurveda?

Back