Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

I took the first shot of Covishield on last Friday. Over the weekend had a heavy head, low grade fever, body ache and my left arm hurt where I took the shot. Had a runny nose as well. Doing better now. No fever or body pain. Arm pain is decreasing, slowly.

I am a little drowsy though.

I took the first shot of Covishield on last Friday. Over the weekend had a heavy head, low grade fever, body ache and my left arm hurt where I took the shot. Had a runny nose as well. Doing better now. No fever or body pain. Arm pain is decreasing, slowly.

I am a little drowsy though.
Mate my first shot of covax had me feeling tipsy for a week. I suspect they might've given me some free desi liquor to go with my vaccine.

Don't think a new health minister can make huge difference with current situation in India. Seems we will have to live to Covid19 virus.

People are already preparing for third-wave by traveling, irctc, flight companies, etc. sending spam mails for tours, etc.

Much of what is happening is tied to our overt dependency on share market based business economy, people's life linked to salary aka wage slavery, chronic poverty causing people to be uncontrollable.

New health minister means throwing the old one under the bus. I don't expect there to be any new change for good. We need some sensible people on the chair.
This thread is getting a bit gloomy. Here have a laugh. Pic was shared by a girl in my contacts. Told me she teared up even before the shot lol.
Screenshot_20210708-121416~2.png

Last edited:
Meanwhile..

"Meta-analysis of randomized trials of ivermectin to treat SARS-CoV-2 infection" - "there was a 56% reduction in mortality; p=0.004 .. with favorable clinical recovery and reduced hospitalization." Peer reviewed.

"Meta-analysis of randomized trials of ivermectin to treat SARS-CoV-2 infection" - "there was a 56% reduction in mortality; p=0.004 .. with favorable clinical recovery and reduced hospitalization." Peer reviewed.

With such variable dosing, variable confounding factors, variable control arms, and variable concomitant dosing, how can one arrive to any conclusion ?
They literally mentioned during the 1st 2 pages that the quality of reviewed data is very low.
Good for making headlines, pretty useless for other stuff.

I got vaccinated last week Friday. Slept in on Saturday, woke up late, took another long afternoon nap and everything was fine. Doctor I spoke to had suggested Crocin 650 to alleviate symptoms but nothing happened.

The problem I am facing though is trying to convince my 53 yr old diabetic mom to take the vaccine. All my sisters, brother-in-laws had taken Covishield and some of had mild fever. First, she was convinced that diabetics can't take the vaccine. Apparently, one of my relatives told her that she knows someone who was turned away from a government vaccination site because that person had diabetic. She kept avoiding doctors and watching YT videos for health advice. Then I said I'll get it done so you can see. And now even though there are 5+ people evidence of mild reaction she still isn't convinced. She spoke to one other guy who had a rather severe reaction to Covishield and is bed ridden. Now she is insisting on Covaxin because somehow that doesn't have any side effects. My company is conducting vaccine drives and I can't find any covaxin slots. So, she got even more convinced that Covaxin is the best. I tried paid slots for covaxin and honestly wtf is happening there are no slots available at all. To me that is strange. Either people are convinced that somehow Covaxin is better or that there is shortage of Covaxin.

I got vaccinated last week Friday. Slept in on Saturday, woke up late, took another long afternoon nap and everything was fine. Doctor I spoke to had suggested Crocin 650 to alleviate symptoms but nothing happened.

The problem I am facing though is trying to convince my 53 yr old diabetic mom to take the vaccine. All my sisters, brother-in-laws had taken Covishield and some of had mild fever. First, she was convinced that diabetics can't take the vaccine. Apparently, one of my relatives told her that she knows someone who was turned away from a government vaccination site because that person had diabetic. She kept avoiding doctors and watching YT videos for health advice. Then I said I'll get it done so you can see. And now even though there are 5+ people evidence of mild reaction she still isn't convinced. She spoke to one other guy who had a rather severe reaction to Covishield and is bed ridden. Now she is insisting on Covaxin because somehow that doesn't have any side effects. My company is conducting vaccine drives and I can't find any covaxin slots. So, she got even more convinced that Covaxin is the best. I tried paid slots for covaxin and honestly wtf is happening there are no slots available at all. To me that is strange. Either people are convinced that somehow Covaxin is better or that there is shortage of Covaxin.
Covaxin is available in delhi right now but mostly paid.

I tried paid slots for covaxin and honestly wtf is happening there are no slots available at all. To me that is strange. Either people are convinced that somehow Covaxin is better or that there is shortage of Covaxin.
This is because Bharat Biotech (the makers of covaxin) aren't as big a manufacterer as SII (I read somewhere that SII produces 3 times as many doses as BB).
Also, the inactivated virus method that covaxin uses is not easy to mass produce.

Here in my state punjab, they are giving covaxin as preferred first dose, people cant choose, if sumone says they want to go abroad then they have to show passport and they will get covisheild as first dose.( so anybody with passport can get covishield first dose) both are available. If someone want to take second dose before 84 days and after 28 days they can take relevent docs eg visa copy, offer letter or admission letter any thing which makes a point that you need dose for travel abroad to take up a job or study.

Where it is highly inoculated with better quality vaccines:

Cases are soaring there.

Meanwhile we Indians are cajoling third-wave to pickup us up and drop on hard floor :

Back