Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Discussion Thread

How many keys are ideal for starting?
depends on what you want to achieve, you need to have a target, i would start with 20 keys, buy Asiimovs / ak / awp redlines on QS and sell them for something or trade for better item, but this will only give you very less profit maybe 2-3 keys every 25-30 keys

depends on what you want to achieve, you need to have a target, i would start with 20 keys, buy Asiimovs / ak / awp redlines on QS and sell them for something or trade for better item, but this will only give you very less profit maybe 2-3 keys every 25-30 keys
How often do you guys find quicksells? csgolounge is now full of bots, scammers and people who want pure profit. Is there another place for trading?

You can find quicksells in reddit at least once a day, usually more. You have to be quick though, they sell out within minutes.

so, how much for your knife? is it factory new?
No minimal wear.
BTW I may sell it after the limitation period is over. Current steam ongoing price is 15 to 15.5k. I will give 25% off from the current steam rate. Deal will be done as per this forums rule & NEFT only.:) If anyone is interested let me know.

Last edited:
No minimal wear.
BTW I may sell it after the limitation period is over. Current steam ongoing price is 15 to 15.5k. I will give 25% off from the current steam rate. Deal will be done as per this forums rule & NEFT only.:) If anyone is interested let me know.
What is your steam id?

CS GO, RANK UP, CHEATERS & U
I have been thinking of sharing this info with you all for a long time. Anyways all the below statements I am giving is based on my personal experiences. If you have any doubt you can experiment yourself too & verify it. If you already know these then ignore. I repeat I am not a good player these are just based upon my experience & research. (I will try to keep it as short as possible)

Rank up.
I have played with every type of players from silvers to supreme master first class. One thing is sure No matter how hard you try on casual or how good you are on other modes. You can do nothing if here is no team coordination. Many people forgets that the real beauty of cs go's competitive mode is its a TEAM BASED match & a hardcore team based one. Many people just play it as a deathmatch which is very very wrong. Some of the guys even judge other team members by the no of frags he made. Which is completely useless if you are not supportive enough. Every 5 members can take different roles (you can read the different types of techniques written by other experienced players).
If you are getting those annoying team mates who are just judging you by the kills you did & voting to kick you then i am sorry to say just abandon the match. Sometimes a bad fragger can boost your team by giving useful infos too. If a player is not performing up to the mark or is not communicating then give him suggestions.

You will NEVER rank up to GE (if thats what you want) if you play competitive with random players. This is because of many reasons which I think you all may know. You will observe that most of the higher ranked players like LEM to GE only plays with their friends or with people they know. Many of them also plays privately since the official servers have hackers.

To play good in a competitive match these things are MUST

1. A good friends circle (Who will not blame you for anything & with whom you have a good mutual understanding). If you go on blaming others then you are NOT a team player. You are demoralizing them which is very bad.
2. Mic (If you have the above then this thing is a must because it really helps)
3. Good communication.Please don't give wrong calls. Always look out for the BOMBER. If you are calling then please be specific about how many enemies you have seen on that spot. For eg. If 4 enemies are rushing at A LONG in d2 then don't call everyone because the bomber might be lurking in the tbase or b tunnels. Otherwise not only you will get yourself killed, you will get your teammates killed too.
4. DON'T keep jumping around the map for no other reason but to get more frags. Again this is NOT a deathmatch.
5. See the other higher ranked players play (preferably people on or above LE).

Remember In competitive you need a good plan with good skills too. If either one of them is missing the you are just a practice for the enemies.

Game spoilers.

I don't know how many of you know this, dust 2 has the most no of hackers,cheaters & boosters as compared to all other maps combined! These people will not only spoil the game for you but if you are unlucky will drag your stats to such a level that you will derank to a rank which you may not deserve.

Hackers : People who makes the hacks using c++ (mostly)
Cheaters : Consumers or people who uses these hacks made by other people to cheat in the game.
Boosters : People who boosts other people's ranks by either playing from their account or by playing with them. They are of two types Smurfs & Cheaters. Boosting can be a paid service or a free service. It depends on the player who will boost you.

Lets get into some more details.
1] Hackers mostly are very cunning & are tough to catch. The reason is simple since they are the programmers they know the game code well & how to use them better than anybody else.
2] Cheaters comes in variety of flavours.:D

(a) Noob cheaters. As the name suggests their play style is as poor as their hacking style. They will use ragebot or aimbot or wall tracing (for wall hacks) or maybe all types of hacks available to them. They will wall bang,smoke kill...etc etc in short their hacking is so obvious that anybody can tell they are cheating. These guys are NOT hackers they are just cheaters.
Rank range : Silver to gold nova 1
Cheat category : (Mostly) free public.

(b) Intermediate cheaters. These guys mostly use wall hacks & sometimes aimbots or aim assists. They are slightly difficult to catch. These guys try to hack carefully but may show their true colours if their team is loosing or they want to be on the top of the scoreboard.
Rank range : Gold nova 1 to MGE.
Cheat Category : Free public to paid public.

(c) Pro Cheaters. : These guys may become a pain in your back. They are so good that they will blend well with others & might be very difficult to . They mostly use only wall hack. These guys always uses a smurf account & in reality are good players (in their main account). Many of them in fact are hackers. They just hack for fun or some other reasons.
Rank range : DMG to GE
Cheat Category : Mostly Paid public or fully private.

3] Boosters can be pro players boosting someone else's account either for free or for money. There are many rank boosting sites. You can google. Boosters can also play with their clients to boost their rank up. They can also be hackers as well. They use only private hacks. People like these only uses their smurf account & plays with the client to boost them. Most of the hackers do it for free because of the obvious risks.

How to Detect cheaters

Remember there are some good players too. Not all of them are cheaters. Also some cheaters are very hard to detect. To detect them only experience can help you.

1. Prefire : Always watch out for guys who prefires. If a particular guy is prefiring & killing you or your teammates in almost every round then observe him carefully. Check his steam profile & his playtime if it looks new & has unsatisfactory playtime then report him.
2. Headshots : If a guy is constantly doing headshot after headshot then its obvious something is wrong.
3. Matchmaking ranks (common sense). For eg: If you are a gold nova 2 then obviously your opponents will be mostly in gold nova 2,3 or max 4 or they will be below your rank as per your performance. If someone from that rank is playing like a pro then immediately check his steam profile if you feel its not satisfactory then report him.If he is such a pro then whats he doing in such a low rank?
4. Weapons. AK & AWP are the cheaters favourite weapons. Reason 1 hit or 1 tap kill. Cts may use m4. In short they prefer 1 tap kill weapons more.
5. If you are certain about a hacker/cheater then if possible request one of your steam friends (non playing) to watch him for you.

AGAIN you can win against cheaters too if you are playing with a well coordinated team (your friends).

Please remember for a match to get an overwatch verdict the suspect needs at least 4 reports against him. Thus if you want to report a cheater then request your team members too to do the same thing.

may add more points later if necessary, Please feel free to point out the mistakes (if there are any). till then have fun!

Last edited:
^^LOL best...cant say..maybe not yet...but worst definitely.:hilarious:I have interacted with many cheaters & hackers myself.:D Even I became a member of a famous cheat website just to see what really goes behind the scenes. BTW I have not posted anything related to VAC yet that is another huge topic. :p

Knife sold to ryanrulez4ever on 2 installments (For this & next month). First installment received yesterday & knife put to his inventory (currently 72 hrs hold). Updated for transparency between the two parties & others since there is no need to contact me for any inquiry about that item now.

Last edited:
Continuation of the above article

Yesterday ryanrulez4ever here was asking me about how to know which one of your friends got vac banned. Also I saw one match of faraz where one guy was clearly hacking/cheating & was trying to hide it.

Anyways let me say this first. If you want to track all your matches in cs go & want to know the fate of your suspects over the time there is an excellent tool for this purpose. You can find it here http://csgo-demos-manager.com
With that tool you can keep a track of all of your matches & players. You can personally create your suspect list & also can find out who got banned.

Unfortunately now the game is filled with hackers, cheaters & smurfs.
As for cheating. The main reason cheaters get away because many people don't report. If there is enough report against them then at least they will be near to their ban soon. Steam earns a lot of money from these cheaters & hackers thats why they won't IP ban these idiots & also put their game cheaper during the sale.

Identifying a smurf from a cheater is easy. Always look at the suspects play style, his aiming, his reaction time..etc. There are many videos in youtube to guide you on that. Again its very important that to confirm a suspect you should always request one of your steam friends (if available) to spec the suspect for you.
In the end I would say that for a fair gameplay always play with friends on private servers.

Last edited:
Anyone playing on the Indian servers recently? Looks like they have completely gone to shit. Horrible packet loss and stuttering. And the worse thing is we can't select servers like in Dota 2.

Forget doing such stunts as nobody will give you these boosts or will play sensibly like this, if you don't have a close group who practice with you together. However one thing is sure if you can master these you will become a very tough team to defeat.[DOUBLEPOST=1454191318][/DOUBLEPOST] Now a new issue has arisen. I don't know how many of you have experienced this. Sometimes your hit will not get registered no matter how accurately you hit the target. The game is broken maybe on purpose.

Last edited:
Back