Courier Service Feedback

DTDC

One of the best, fast shipping anywhere in India. Serving even little towns and villages. Tracking details updated now and then - They have the best online tracking. For today's cost they seem to be charging bit higher.

Professional.

Very cheap but also very very slow. One courier i had sent to guwahati had reached only after 15 days. Their tracking is mediocre updated only now and then previously about a year ago their online tracking was not at all working. They service much of the south India but not Much locations in North India like Shimla or J&K.

First Flight.

sometimes can be said better than DTDC bcos of avg prices and destinations covered. Online Tracking works good.

Blaze Flash.

Worst Courier I have seen in my life. They charge avg but deliver slower than Professional couriers. Worst Customer service. A CM 690 Cabinet sent to my frend in Cuttack said they wont deliver such a large courier and told the receiver to come and pick it up. WTF? When i call customer Service a poor stupid took up the phone and was speaking with other person on the other link. Still after 2 minutes He didnt bother to reply to me. But meantime I had said to him every bad word i can remember in my mind. Poor Online tracking too. An 9800GT card sent from Mumbai was received only after 5 days in Chennai- May be its shipped through Dubba Lorry or 24 hrs running bullock cart.

Blue Dart.

They're always costly but very fast. Next day noon delivery in major Cities across India. Oline Tracking is fast and updated.

m.khurana said:
Rs150(Below 500Gms) for almost all location I have sent till date.
Than its costlier than DTDC, they charge some 150 Rs, till 1 kg now days (Bangalore to Delhi), but they consider size as well.

rohit3192 said:
Can anybody tell me whether postman/post office (EMS speed post) gives call to consignee in case they are unable to locate his place?
Generally the postman changes so when they fails to find your address,they call you. But they are secure for now :)

EMS Speed post returns status as Delivered whereas addressee says he has not received packet :S

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Experience relating to following thread:http://www.techenclave.com/video-and-audio-hardware/music-player-sandisk-fuze-8gb-two-190529.html

The packet was sent on 13th May 2011 from Delhi to Hyderabad.The tracking status was normal as expected movement of goods.

On 16th the article was reported to reach PDC,CUC Hyderabad and on 17th there was no further status update.

On 18th suddenly the status was "Delivered on 16th to addressee". So I sent PM to addressee that he got his package but to my surprise he did not receive packet.

I asked my local post office guys in Delhi and I was told on 18th evening that if status is delivered then packet is infact being delivered and addressee should ask at his office reception and this message was communicated by me to addressee.

Today I received message from addressee(Hawk) and he told me that packet was lying in post office and he had to work hard to locate the concerned post office.

So,I need to reconsider sending goods via EMS speed post next time.

Get a hang of this:
some subsidiary/agency of Aramex thought of stealing a 3K worth package. Did not even contact the delivery address and marked it delivered. Aramex India support kept closing any requests for this issue. Went on till 5 days!
But the Gulf office took it up and pushed the request top down. Finally the Aramex delhi branch asked for Proof of Delivery from the delivering agency...and the item was delivered next day.
On opening the package, one of the item was broken open, apparently the guys tried to steam batteries from the rechargeable lights. All this..and Aramex again on silent mode and not divulging any details.

Need cheapest courier option

Guys someone from Chandigarh needs to send me books [Bengaluru]. There are total 12 books, assuming each book 250g, the total weight will be approx 3Kgs. So which courier service I should use ?

avi said:
Need cheapest courier option

Guys someone from Chandigarh needs to send me books [Bengaluru]. There are total 12 books, assuming each book 250g, the total weight will be approx 3Kgs. So which courier service I should use ?
india post/speed post.

have received lot of books using this. Tell them to use the cloth+wax combo.

^thank you guys !

can you guys predict approx shipping charges ? thing is each book costs 80 and I have to later ship them to different parts of the country, to the winners of my forum.

^i think there is something called BOOK POST, where the changes is low. Better have a chat at the local post office

i suggest this
Book Packets, containing Printed Books - For the first 100 grams or fraction thereof : 1/-
For every additional 100 grams or fraction thereof in excess of 100 grams : 1/-

First Flight is not giving me my Proof of delivery since the last 2 weeks a bunch of arses....

Tradus is not refunding my money because of that and i am stuck in between :(

^^ first flight is a crap, bought few books from filpkart and they shipped it via first flight on 20th, and i received it to day, had they used bluedart i would have received it on monday.
First flight sucks:mad:

Another incident
Got coupons from freecharge, and they shipped it on 12th may, called the local office and the headoffice on 24th, they said they haven't received any thing with the given consignment no. So what they ate it on the way :mad:

PS: Don't use First flight, personal experience

Can anyone tell me whether blue dart is operational on Sundays?

I need to get something couriered. I checked Justdial but the hours mentioned are not proper. The customer service care does not work today.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

raksrules said:
Can anyone tell me whether blue dart is operational on Sundays?

I need to get something couriered. I checked Justdial but the hours mentioned are not proper. The customer service care does not work today.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
I got a parcel delivered on sunday by Blue dart....

Don't know if they accept it on Sunday or not...

Back