Credit Card Help Desk: Answers to Your Questions!

Anyone here who has been issued SBI CC lifetime free or successfully converted it to lifetime free? Need one only for use during sales.
SBI cc is never issued ltf officially, earlier there was a period during which there was a high probability of getting your sbi cc converted to ltf when threatening to close the card but as usual too many ppl misused this so it was stopped. Nowadays it is very rare if threatening card closure will get the card converted to ltf. The cheapest & recommended sbi cc to get is simplyclick (500+90 gst annual fee) or sbi bpcl card (same fee but condition for annual fee waiver is 50k in card billing year compared to 1 lakh in simplyclick). If going to spend at least 50k during every card billing year then it is practically ltf. Even if not going to spend even 50k the 590 price is still reasonable enough considering nowadays even good debit cards cost at least 250-300 (+gst) rupees from major banks.

SBI cc is never issued ltf officially, earlier there was a period during which there was a high probability of getting your sbi cc converted to ltf when threatening to close the card but as usual too many ppl misused this so it was stopped. Nowadays it is very rare if threatening card closure will get the card converted to ltf. The cheapest & recommended sbi cc to get is simplyclick (500+90 gst annual fee) or sbi bpcl card (same fee but condition for annual fee waiver is 50k in card billing year compared to 1 lakh in simplyclick). If going to spend at least 50k during every card billing year then it is practically ltf. Even if not going to spend even 50k the 590 price is still reasonable enough considering nowadays even good debit cards cost at least 250-300 (+gst) rupees from major banks.
Thanks. Is there an option to update the mailing address when applying for the card? My sbi bank account address is not my current address. I can see that they offer 500 amazon gift card for annual fee payment. Do they give this for paying joining fee?

This is the misunderstanding people have

I have applied for many bank CCs without having a bank account and have not face even a single rejection till date
No misunderstanding. What i am asking is if Sbi validates contact and address details provided with savings account details if applicant has one with the bank. Many banks completely skip video kyc as well as physical verification when the applicant already has an account with them. They auto fetch contact and address details from the account.

Does SBI BPCL Credit Card work for 10% discount during Flipkart/Amazon sale like normal SBI CCs?

Is it possible to convert SBI SimplyClick CC to SBI BPCL CC?

Presently I have SBI SimplyClick and SBI Cashback CC. SimplyClick is only used for 10% discount during sale days once in a while.

No misunderstanding. What i am asking is if Sbi validates contact and address details provided with savings account details if applicant has one with the bank. Many banks completely skip video kyc as well as physical verification when the applicant already has an account with them. They auto fetch contact and address details from the account.
SBI banking is a separate division from SBI cards. There will be no effect on your cc application even if you have 1cr in FD in SBI, they may still reject you.

SBI banking is a separate division from SBI cards. There will be no effect on your cc application even if you have 1cr in FD in SBI, they may still reject you.
You misunderstand me as well. My concern is not acceptance/rejection. What I was asking is if they fetch contact details from SBI account during application and skip VKYC, and if they do fetch address details from account, do we have an option to modify it? I have anyway gone through an application video and gotten my doubts resolved. Unlike other banks, they do VKYC for all irrespective of whether the applicant has a bank account or not.
Does SBI BPCL Credit Card work for 10% discount during Flipkart/Amazon sale like normal SBI CCs?

Presently I have SBI SimplyClick and SBI Cashback CC. SimplyClick is only used for 10% discount during sale days once in a while.
It should work. As far as I know, Cashback card is the only SBI card that does not work for instant discounts. Speak with customer care about the conversion, or apply for a BPCL and close SimplyClick upon approval if they say conversion is not feasible.

Thanks. Is there an option to update the mailing address when applying for the card? My sbi bank account address is not my current address. I can see that they offer 500 amazon gift card for annual fee payment. Do they give this for paying joining fee?
SBI bank acc address has no relation with sbi cc application as sbi cc application rely solely on aadhaar address as authenticated via digilocker.

Yes. Likely but no guarantee.

You misunderstand me as well. My concern is not acceptance/rejection. What I was asking is if they fetch contact details from SBI account during application and skip VKYC, and if they do fetch address details from account, do we have an option to modify it? I have anyway gone through an application video and gotten my doubts resolved. Unlike other banks, they do VKYC for all irrespective of whether the applicant has a bank account or not.
They do any bank acc verification via netbanking not just sbi netbanking & vkyc is skipped if person verified their bank acc via sbi netbanking or they verify via netbanking of another bank acc which has ckyc linked to it (not all banks have ckyc linked to their bank acc customers assuming customer has ckyc). ID & address details are only fetched via aadhaar digilocker authentication.
@Slayer69 @Afxal

SBI bank acc address has no relation with sbi cc application as sbi cc application rely solely on aadhaar address as authenticated via digilocker.

Yes. Likely but no guarantee.

They do any bank acc verification via netbanking not just sbi netbanking & vkyc is skipped if person verified their bank acc via sbi netbanking or they verify via netbanking of another bank acc which has ckyc linked to it (not all banks have ckyc linked to their bank acc customers assuming customer has ckyc). ID & address details are only fetched via aadhaar digilocker authentication.
@Slayer69 @Afxal
Alright so we need to use netbanking of either SBI bank account or CKYC linked account to skip VKYC. Does this account have to be the salary account or are we asked for income docs separately?

Alright so we need to use netbanking of either SBI bank account or CKYC linked account to skip VKYC. Does this account have to be the salary account or are we asked for income docs separately?
It all depends, if system decided to approve your application then it can do so within few minutes with just digilocker authentication & netbanking verification. If not then system can ask for anything ranging from vkyc to physical verification of office & home address. Acc type does not matter but having a salary acc in sbi does increase the chances of approval a bit.

you can also ask the customer care to waive off fees if spends have atleast been a little reasonable even, thats how used to get my fees waived off too, not sure if it'll work now

It all depends, if system decided to approve your application then it can do so within few minutes with just digilocker authentication & netbanking verification. If not then system can ask for anything ranging from vkyc to physical verification of office & home address. Acc type does not matter but having a salary acc in sbi does increase the chances of approval a bit.
True. My Salary account is with SBI.

I applied for a SimplyClick card via Netbanking. Only intervention at my end was granting Digi locker access to verify Aadhaar. Approval was instant with no vKYC or any other paperwork.

My axis CC due date is tomorrow 02.09.2024 but in netbanking it is showing current bill as paid because it is somehow considering payment for the one transaction which was refunded in recent unbilled transactions (having transaction value more tha the total amount due)
Do I get the chance to defer the actual payment by a month due to this? or should I pay the previous statement balance.
According to new rbi rule any refund is to be counted as payment towards card

According to new rbi rule any refund is to be counted as payment towards card
Caveat being refund should belong to the previous statement txn & not current unbilled statement txn.

Any credit amount arising out of refund/failed/reversed transactions with an effective date of such transactions pertaining to previous billing cycle will be considered as payment if the amount is credited before the Payment Due Date of the previous billing cycle.

Any credit amount arising out of refund/failed/reversed transactions with an effective date of such transactions pertaining to the current billing cycle, will not be considered as payment even if the amount is credited before the Payment Due Date of the previous billing cycle.
@arup

Thanks for the heads up. I actually paid whole amount through cred and letting the refund and refunded transaction appear both in the next statement.
Whats the need for cred when bbps exists now? It is in instant ,auto fetches bills from bank and doesn't violate your privacy like cred does

Whats the need for cred when bbps exists now? It is in instant ,auto fetches bills from bank and doesn't violate your privacy like cred does
Cred is also using bbps only, rbi has mandated all cc bill payments in India to be processed eventually via bbps platform only at backend irrespective of the frontend mode used by platform to receive money from user (aka upi/debit card/netbanking). Some banks/amex are yet to shift to bbps though it will happen sooner or later.

Back