Credit Card Help Desk: Answers to Your Questions!

I've tried to apply for the swiggy hdfc card, but it seems they don't want me as a customer. If you say self-employed, they insist on a company and a designation that's limited to a list. I'm an individual, I don't have a company :/

I've tried to apply for the swiggy hdfc card, but it seems they don't want me as a customer. If you say self-employed, they insist on a company and a designation that's limited to a list. I'm an individual, I don't have a company :/
show them your ITR for this year, thats how most business folks I know get a CC, this or they have a business account with the bank and that in itself qualifies them for the better CCs.

show them your ITR for this year, thats how most business folks I know get a CC, this or they have a business account with the bank and that in itself qualifies them for the better CCs.
I can't do that, the application on the app doesn't proceed without those details. And tbh, if they're that anal about this shit then I don't really want them as a provider either.

I can't do that, the application on the app doesn't proceed without those details. And tbh, if they're that anal about this shit then I don't really want them as a provider either.
ah you are applying online, try going to a local branch for an application if you want one but yeah that swiggy card isnt worth the hassle

Considering that we're talking about HDFC, the largest bank in India, it's surprising that they don't even have a dedicated app for their cards! Instead, they offer a basic website wrapper, which is so frustrating to use that it makes you want to curse at least twice every time you log in. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the reasons their stock isn't performing well!

Considering that we're talking about HDFC, the largest bank in India, it's surprising that they don't even have a dedicated app for their cards! Instead, they offer a basic website wrapper, which is so frustrating to use that it makes you want to curse at least twice every time you log in. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the reasons their stock isn't performing well!
Thank you for acknowledging the problems with the biggest bank of India, due to their market position and perceived value they have been quite complacent about any upgrades to their services.

Investors are able to convey their feelings by muting any significant gains the stock could make because of the unaddressed easy to solve problems which the bank is choosing to ignore by the stocking only being in a particular price range for 3 years :laughing:
ah you are applying online, try going to a local branch for an application if you want one but yeah that swiggy card isnt worth the hassle
Branch don't process swiggy cc application

I am being offered card from Federal Bank. How good is their CC? I wanted to know in terms of benefits, lounge access. I see them in the FK and Amazon for CC discount but not generally during sales.

I am being offered card from Federal Bank. How good is their CC? I wanted to know in terms of benefits, lounge access. I see them in the FK and Amazon for CC discount but not generally during sales.
Nothing much except for some occasional Federal bank offers on amazon/fk. Lounge access is only good on their scapia card.

I vaguely recall hearing some quite negative feedback here for federal. try searching the forum, i don't recall the exact thread.

Wait till you realise that they ask you to send your physical pay slip and document through post to their chennai office for any requested limit enhancement and upgrade .

wait what? never had this happen to me, have had my limit upgraded multiple times
you might have got the limit enhancement offer but if I need to increase my limit they will require all documents sent to their chennai office.
Co-branded cards like swiggy/tata neu/amazonpay etc are not processed offline, only via their respective co-brand app.
nah you can apply from offline also that day when I was applying for my mothers card there was a option of swiggy/ neu basically every card.

you might have got the limit enhancement offer but if I need to increase my limit they will require all documents sent to their chennai office.

nah you can apply from offline also that day when I was applying for my mothers card there was a option of swiggy/ neu basically every card.
Like others mentioned, hdfc is not known for their technical implementation. Though the options are there but if you click on apply then either you will get error or it will let you proceed to the last stage & then give error or it will let you finish the entire application process only to get a confirmed rejection afterwards. ICICI is always considered having the best technical implementation among all Indian banks & it shows here as well, if you click on amazonpay card apply link on icici website it straightaway redirects you to amazon India.

Back