Credit Card Help Desk: Answers to Your Questions!

I remember I had to use entropay virtual credit card because indian cards were not truly international , and payment decline was very common back then citing that merchant site is not secure.

1724175686431.png

My use case for international recurring transactions is PayPal and I think they support the RBI token system since I’ve been using it without much issue. But I know what you’re taking about, it’s the same exact reason why I can’t have recurring Apple payments on my card.
When did paypal started supporting recurring txns via linked Indian cards because paypal is not there in SBI approved merchants list for recurring txn I shared above & that list is almost the same across all banks? Check if the website/merchant your card via paypal being used for recurring txns is in that sbi card merchants list.
I remember I had to use entropay virtual credit card because indian cards were not truly international , and payment decline was very common back then citing that merchant site is not secure.
That was because of additional authentication via pin (3d secure visa/mastercard) kind of like a otp but permanent which almost no international payment gateway at that time supported.

When did paypal started supporting recurring txns via linked Indian cards because paypal is not there in SBI approved merchants list for recurring txn I shared above & that list is almost the same across all banks? Check if the website/merchant your card via paypal being used for recurring txns is in that sbi card merchants list.
it does support recurring trxns, I found out about it the hard way, the SBI list is definitely not updated, since paypal auto debited my sbi card

Dunno what is the sbi approved list but Amex works with recurring payments on paypal.

My monthly subscriptions to Amazon Prime and MyUS are deducted smoothly on my RBL World Safari card, but they fail every time on my HDFC Millennia card.

it does support recurring trxns, I found out about it the hard way, the SBI list is definitely not updated, since paypal auto debited my sbi card
I guess I need to contact paypal support regarding this as around 2 years back the paypal wasn't supporting recurring payments.

Dunno what is the sbi approved list but Amex works with recurring payments on paypal.
Basically, every bank has a list of merchants following rbi guidelines for recurring payments so all those merchants can be enabled for recurring txns on Indian cards. Since it is not bank dependent guidelines so any merchant following rbi guidelines should be same for every bank in India for recurring txns but till now I have seen only sbi card publishing list of such merchants.

My monthly subscriptions to Amazon Prime and MyUS are deducted smoothly on my RBL World Safari card, but they fail every time on my HDFC Millennia card.
Via paypal or directly saved card there & why are you using US amazon prime instead of Indian one?

Is there any difference between visa and mastercard credit card.
Asking because my sbi cc(simplyclick) is visa
While someone i know just received a sbi cashback cc and its mastercard.

Is there any difference between visa and mastercard credit card.
Asking because my sbi cc(simplyclick) is visa
While someone i know just received a sbi cashback cc and its mastercard.
No difference in card reward program which is what matters to most. There are some minor differences like for airport lounge access visa & mastercard have slightly different eligible lounges list & the token charge for free/complimentary lounge access is a also slightly different though it doesn't matter as that token amt is refunded later anyway.

Does shared limit of same bank card helps in lower credit utilization ratio?
I have 4 cards from ICICI (visa,amex,mc,rupay) with shared limit. If I spend out 50% or more in one card, would my credit report show high usage or low since total available credit will be reported by separate cards.

Does shared limit of same bank card helps in lower credit utilization ratio?
I have 4 cards from ICICI (visa,amex,mc,rupay) with shared limit. If I spend out 50% or more in one card, would my credit report show high usage or low since total available credit will be reported by separate cards.
No. Nowadays most banks report credit card account with shared credit limit of all credit cards under that account & not individual cards. Also, it is the utilization of combined limit of all your credit cards across all banks.

No. Nowadays most banks report credit card account with shared credit limit of all credit cards under that account & not individual cards. Also, it is the utilization of combined limit of all your credit cards across all banks.
nope. Cibil might show it as combined across all cards, but if you go above 30% on any card, your cibil will take a hit

nope. Cibil might show it as combined across all cards, but if you go above 30% on any card, your cibil will take a hit
I hope you are not considering 4-5 points drop in cibil as "hit" because that is typical variation. Even if you go above 70% on one card which other wise is less than 30-40% of your combined cards limits it will just be within this 4-5 points range. I know ppl who got 15k limit card from axis/sbi while holding multiple 1 lakh+ limit cards from other banks & never faced any issue while keeping that card usage almost always around 80-90%.

I hope you are not considering 4-5 points drop in cibil as "hit" because that is typical variation. Even if you go above 70% on one card which other wise is less than 30-40% of your combined cards limits it will just be within this 4-5 points range. I know ppl who got 15k limit card from axis/sbi while holding multiple 1 lakh+ limit cards from other banks & never faced any issue while keeping that card usage almost always around 80-90%.
Yeah, I think this is true. My cashback card has a pretty ridiculous limit of 20k and is usually always maxed out. But I have much larger limits on other bank CCs, so the limit used as a proportion of my total aggregate limit remains very low and therefore my CIBIL never dips below 750. It has been stable at 770+ for months.

huh, I guess its different for me, mine took a 20-30 point hit when I maxed out one of my cards but I was just starting out back then, besides even a 4-5 point diff can affect rates afaik, might be wrong on this one

huh, I guess its different for me, mine took a 20-30 point hit when I maxed out one of my cards but I was just starting out back then, besides even a 4-5 point diff can affect rates afaik, might be wrong on this one
That was probably the reason, many banks take 2-3 months to report any new approved card limit to cibil/credit bureau so one might be having a very high combined cards limit actually but to cibil that limit hasn't been updated yet. A 4-5 point difference can make a difference in home loan rates but only if those 4-5 points means crossing 800 cibil score.

We got 2 credit card (sbi cashback card) instead of 1,since this was a joint account.
Now i dont wanna pay bill for 2 cards, can i jist activate one of these and let the other rot?
I m assuming we will get charged for both seperately if i activate both of them.

I got 2 credit card (sbi cashback card) instead of 1,since this was a joint account.
Now i dont wanna pay bill for 2 cards, can i jist activate one of these and let the other rot?
I m assuming we will get charged for both seperately if i activate both of them.
SBI bank and SBI cards are different entities :hilarious::hilarious:

Back