Credit Card Help Desk: Answers to Your Questions!

First time I am hearing such a thing in all these years. ICICI bank does have a policy of not issuing typical unsecured cc to someone already holding their FD based platinum cc but never heard of a lifetime policy for any cc company/bank except for onecard which does have a policy of one cc per lifetime of pan unless it is a secured cc from partner bank SMB which are gradually being moved to unsecured version.
I have a long email chain with their PNO about this where they never denied it. They also issued CCs to my dad, who lives in the same pincode so it isn't based on that either. And I have since got CCs from HDFC, ICICI, Federal, SBI and Indusind and I used to keep 3-4 lakhs + fds in my Axis account in the hope that they would approve me. They never did. So I have to assume it is this, or they just hate me.

I have a long email chain with their PNO about this where they never denied it. They also issued CCs to my dad, who lives in the same pincode so it isn't based on that either. And I have since got CCs from HDFC, ICICI, Federal, SBI and Indusind and I used to keep 3-4 lakhs + fds in my Axis account in the hope that they would approve me. They never did. So I have to assume it is this, or they just hate me.
My guess is when you closed your cc their system messed up something which is now blocking approval by the system & will likely require a manual approval from someone in top mgmt which nobody will do unless you involve rbi or increase your relationship value to 1 crore+.

My guess is when you closed your cc their system messed up something which is now blocking approval by the system & will likely require a manual approval from someone in top mgmt which nobody will do unless you involve rbi or increase your relationship value to 1 crore+.
Good guess. It's very possible. I remember they did not take away the lien against my FD even after I closed the card and I needed to email them a few times to make them do it, months after that, I randomly got a statement for the closed card emailed to me. But it is showing up as closed in my CIBIL though. I just avoid anything Axis now. It is not worth it.

Good guess. It's very possible. I remember they did not take away the lien against my FD even after I closed the card and I needed to email them a few times to make them do it, months after that, I randomly got a statement for the closed card emailed to me. But it is showing up as closed in my CIBIL though. I just avoid anything Axis now. It is not worth it.
As a last resort you can try complaining to rbi ombudsman if you have some free time to track the complaint every few days & some half an hour to draft the complaint in a mini-essay like format attaching all the email conversations regarding this case with axis officials/customer care. Axis flipkart card can be replaced by sbi cashback cc easily though.

This got rejected, bank messaged him today
Something about it not meeting the "Bank's credit norm".
We received another email from axis bank stating this.

IMG-20240817-WA0004.jpg

Last edited:
As a last resort you can try complaining to rbi ombudsman if you have some free time to track the complaint every few days & some half an hour to draft the complaint in a mini-essay like format attaching all the email conversations regarding this case with axis officials/customer care. Axis flipkart card can be replaced by sbi cashback cc easily though.
they're not even issuing me their Airtel Axis card. Plus, they don't have a physical application form at their branches like HDFC does.
I was applying for the Airtel card for my mother based on her self-employment with an ITR of over 15L, but I still got an email saying it was rejected
on the other hand, HDFC happily issued their Millennia card based on the self-employment criterion.
Fucdk Axis
photo_2024-08-17 15.20.34.jpeg

they're not even issuing me their Airtel Axis card. Plus, they don't have a physical application form at their branches like HDFC does.
I was applying for the Airtel card for my mother based on her self-employment with an ITR of over 15L, but I still got an email saying it was rejected
on the other hand, HDFC happily issued their Millennia card based on the self-employment criterion.
Just fyi, axis bank does not like self-employed status in cc application unless it is some professional field like doctor, ca etc. or the person is holding savings acc in axis for at least a year or so with good balance &/or frequent large inward/outward transfers (neft/rtgs etc). Also, co-branded cards like airtel axis need to be applied only via their respective brand app (airtel thanks app in this case) else instant rejection.

Axis bank is asking to verify income using account aggregator.
The name is anumati something.
Any udea what this is and should i proceed or not.

It seems simplyclick and simplysave are available for that fee, simplyclick being better. I wanted to know if amazon accepts any sbi credit card for offers or only particular ones.
Since I shop on Amazon quite a bit, I applied for SBI SimplyClick just now. Got instantly approved.

Axis bank is asking to verify income using account aggregator.
The name is anumati something.
Any udea what this is and should i proceed or not.

Just fyi, axis bank does not like self-employed status in cc application unless it is some professional field like doctor, ca etc. or the person is holding savings acc in axis for at least a year or so with good balance &/or frequent large inward/outward transfers (neft/rtgs etc). Also, co-branded cards like airtel axis need to be applied only via their respective brand app (airtel thanks app in this case) else instant rejection.
got it . dont have a ac with them and wont open for this stupid card, I applied for millenia card for my mother on basis of itr [ she has literally very low cibil] and got message that its approved and will be dispatched soon.
axis sucks man, but I recently got a fk axis card will that help me in getting the airtel one after few months?

Last edited:
Hey'all!
I'm looking to get a credit card for my parents and am unsure how to start. They pay around 40K every two months for electricity bills. Mom has a CIBIL score of ~730 as per GPay, but they never owned a credit card before
As they earn over >12L yearly, I want to explore how I can best utilize credit card facilities to avail benefits and cashbacks, particularly for utility payments like:
  1. Electricity
  2. LPG Cylinder
  3. Phone and Broadband Recharge (Two Airtel Numbers, One Airtel Broadband, Two Jio Numbers)
and some minor offline shopping/Amazon orders here and there (~2-3kpm)
Please recommend a great credit card for this. I want to hear your top beginner credit card picks for my situation :)

They pay around 40K every two months for electricity bills.
That is not typical retail consumer level spend & most 3rd party platforms won't even allow payment of such large electricity bills. I am guessing they use directly electricity board website to pay in which case using credit card will incur extra charge. If you can use cleartrip/yatra GV of 2k for flight booking then my suggestion is to get sbi simplyclick card which will give two 2k flight GV of yatra/makemytrip on online spend of more than 2 lakh in a billing cycle year which should be achievable with such usage pattern. As for LPG cylinder & phone & broadband recharge simply get rupay platinum debit card/cards from any bank you/they have acc with (except canara bank which charges absurdly high 500+gst annual fee for their rupay platinum debit card) & use it on any Friday on amazon to get 20% instant discount up to 100 per rupay platinum debit card on recharges/utility bill payments.

Fucdk Axis
Axis is certified ****ed up bank ranked next to SBI & PNB , i wonder why people bank with them.

aren't they among the bank who was restrained by RBI to issue new credit cards?
search the news might help. it could the issue at their end not yours.

Also, from Sept onwards CC institution need to provide details reason why they denied the application, ambiguous and random made up excuses wont be accepted.
We received another email from axis bank stating this.
lol, they cant tell you that they are under RBI radar for irregularities. so it has to be "you" who dont know how to apply properly.
For the lulz just reply to that mail asking, Define "incomplete/improper", as for bank norm detail in pdf.

Last edited:
aren't they among the bank who was restrained by RBI to issue new credit cards?
The latest bank to be restricted by rbi from issuing new cc is kotak bank. Axis bank never faced such restriction till now & very small chance they will face it in near future either. Bad customer service does not always mean bad technical/regulatory practices like what happened in case of hdfc bank in 2020 & kotak bank this year.

Also, from Sept onwards CC institution need to provide details reason why they denied the application, ambiguous and random made up excuses wont be accepted.
This rule is same for many years now, "Bank's internal norms" is a perfectly valid reason for rejecting cc application without explaining further because that involves "trade secret/confidential info" of bank. Only thing is, if customer complained to rbi demanding for further explanation of "internal norms" as reason of rejection & bank is not able to give a proper real reason hidden behind internal norms (because it is rbi so bank can't hide anything behind internal norms citing trade secret/confidential info) then rbi will order bank to reconsider the cc application of complainant. It is these "internal norms" that are used by banks to reject cc applications of cc money rotators/reward program abusers/commercial misusers.

Hi guys, as some of you suggested to get sbi simplyclick for shopping deals, I received the card yesterday.
When I talked to them, they said they will give simplyclick visa but they issued simplyclick mastercard somehow.
I am guessing it won't matter for deals, whether it is visa or mastercard right??

Hi guys, as some of you suggested to get sbi simplyclick for shopping deals, I received the card yesterday.
When I talked to them, they said they will give simplyclick visa but they issued simplyclick mastercard somehow.
I am guessing it won't matter for deals, whether it is visa or mastercard right??
It won't matter for deals.

That is not typical retail consumer level spend & most 3rd party platforms won't even allow payment of such large electricity bills. I am guessing they use directly electricity board website to pay in which case using credit card will incur extra charge. If you can use cleartrip/yatra GV of 2k for flight booking then my suggestion is to get sbi simplyclick card which will give two 2k flight GV of yatra/makemytrip on online spend of more than 2 lakh in a billing cycle year which should be achievable with such usage pattern. As for LPG cylinder & phone & broadband recharge simply get rupay platinum debit card/cards from any bank you/they have acc with (except canara bank which charges absurdly high 500+gst annual fee for their rupay platinum debit card) & use it on any Friday on amazon to get 20% instant discount up to 100 per rupay platinum debit card on recharges/utility bill payments.
40k is the total cost. It's divided into 5 bills

What about CCs like Amex MRCC/Tata Neu Infinity/Airtel Axis? Are they good for this?

40k is the total cost. It's divided into 5 bills
So avg 5 different bills of 8k each. That also will be an issue as many 3rd party platforms don't allow paying more than 3 electricity bills of same/different customer ID in a month. Airtel Axis cc has monthly cb of 250 for utility bill payments that too only via airtel thanks app & some electricity billers are not there on thanks app. Amex MRCC is very selective in approval so pincode of address mentioned in aadhaar matters most. Tata Neu infinity seem good option if one can use the neu coins to spend in tata Neu ecosystem as cb will be in the form of neucoins.

Back