Credit Card Help Desk: Answers to Your Questions!

Question: Has SBI stopped issuing their popular Cashback card? I tried via RM, branch staff and they are stating its discontinued which sounds like BS. They tried to push another card called simplyclick.

40k is the total cost. It's divided into 5 bills

What about CCs like Amex MRCC/Tata Neu Infinity/Airtel Axis? Are they good for this?
Use SBI cashback card to buy amazon gift cards (use 2-3 amazon accounts to buy as amazon has limit of 20k for buying gift ffrom a single acc iirc) and get 5% cashback for 40k so 2k.

Then add these gift cards in multiple amazon accounts so that you can pay 5 bills from different amazon accounts.
Hoping you do everything correctly, you will save 2k on 40k bills.

I use this method but to only pay 2 bills that too 12k in total, so saving around 600 on those.

Use SBI cashback card to buy amazon gift cards (use 2-3 amazon accounts to buy as amazon has limit of 20k for buying gift ffrom a single acc iirc) and get 5% cashback for 40k so 2k.

Then add these gift cards in multiple amazon accounts so that you can pay 5 bills from different amazon accounts.
Hoping you do everything correctly, you will save 2k on 40k bills.

I use this method but to only pay 2 bills that too 12k in total, so saving around 600 on those.
Amazon will block the card from purchasing any more GVs in future if try to bypass the limit by using same card in multiple accs.

Get an add-on card and use that.
Getting addon card from sbi is more difficult than getting first credit card from axis as self employed.

Have done 40k within 10 minutes a month ago
Everybody gets a "first/second time mistake" concession, keep doing it regularly & amazon will block the card from buying any GV on amazon from any account. 50k in 3 months is the official limit btw for GV purchase using cc but amazon is know to block users even before that depending on their usage pattern/acc history.

Getting addon card from sbi is more difficult than getting first credit card from axis as self employed.

Everybody gets a "first/second time mistake" concession, keep doing it regularly & amazon will block the card from buying any GV on amazon from any account. 50k in 3 months is the official limit btw for GV purchase using cc but amazon is know to block users even before that depending on their usage pattern/acc history.
Also there's a 30k in 30 days capping

Is there a limit on amount of electricity bill ?
For example if I have a single bill of 40000 can I use amazon pay gift card to pay ?

Is there a limit on amount of electricity bill ?
For example if I have a single bill of 40000 can I use amazon pay gift card to pay ?
Yes there is on all 3rd party bill payment platforms nowadays. On amazon, it is max 10k electricity bill over which one can only pay via upi & that too has a max limit of 25k.

Had a few fraud transactions on my amex card in the afternoon while in India only, not travelling at the moment. The first two went through, but their fraud detection algo/system prevented the last ~30K+ INR transaction from going through. Called them to hotlist the card, refund of the small transactions will come through in a week, new card should be here in 3-4 days. Been a customer for 6+ years now, quite happy with service levels.
  • Alert: You've spent $1.90 on your AMEX card ** XXXXX at MORGAN ORTHO on 20 August, 2024 at XX:XX AM IST. Call 18004190691 if this was not made by you
  • Alert: You've spent ¥0.35 on your AMEX card ** XXXXX at WWW PAY QQ C on 20 August, 2024 at XX:XX AM IST. Call 18004190691 if this was not made by you
  • Amex Fraud Alert: Did you attempt a CNY 2,678.00 charge on Card XXXXX at WWW PAY QQ COM NO 2 ? Reply 1 if yes or 2 if not recognised to 57575480
Not sure where the card details leaked from, lots of potential sources. I generally only use this amex card when travelling internationally because of their good track record of reimbursement incase of fraud.

Had a few fraud transactions on my amex card in the afternoon while in India only, not travelling at the moment. The first two went through, but their fraud detection algo/system prevented the last ~30K+ INR transaction from going through. Called them to hotlist the card, refund of the small transactions will come through in a week, new card should be here in 3-4 days. Been a customer for 6+ years now, quite happy with service levels.
  • Alert: You've spent $1.90 on your AMEX card ** XXXXX at MORGAN ORTHO on 20 August, 2024 at XX:XX AM IST. Call 18004190691 if this was not made by you
  • Alert: You've spent ¥0.35 on your AMEX card ** XXXXX at WWW PAY QQ C on 20 August, 2024 at XX:XX AM IST. Call 18004190691 if this was not made by you
  • Amex Fraud Alert: Did you attempt a CNY 2,678.00 charge on Card XXXXX at WWW PAY QQ COM NO 2 ? Reply 1 if yes or 2 if not recognised to 57575480
Not sure where the card details leaked from, lots of potential sources. I generally only use this amex card when travelling internationally because of their good track record of reimbursement incase of fraud.
Someone I know has amex card & I can vouch for its stellar customer support, no other cc customer care comes even close in India. Btw, don't you disable international txns on cc while in India as it only takes a minute nowadays to enable international txns on cc? Majority of PoS abroad are swipe based so easy for any card to get cloned.

Someone I know has amex card & I can vouch for its stellar customer support, no other cc customer care comes even close in India. Btw, don't you disable international txns on cc while in India as it only takes a minute nowadays to enable international txns on cc? Majority of PoS abroad are swipe based so easy for any card to get cloned.
I have frequent international travel + I have couple of recurring monthly payments to services outside india where I can’t completely turn off international transactions, but I have turned off POS/chip transactions.

I have frequent international travel + I have couple of recurring monthly payments to services outside india where I can’t completely turn off international transactions, but I have turned off POS/chip transactions.
Once the card is cloned it can be used for both online & offline txns & a merchant must follow all the RBI guidelines regarding recurring payments if it wants to enable recurring txns & very few international merchants follow it. This is the main reason why Indian cards don't work anymore for almost any international recurring payments & I am not able to avail good Black Friday recurring deals for some online digital services since last 2-3 years.

My use case for international recurring transactions is PayPal and I think they support the RBI token system since I’ve been using it without much issue. But I know what you’re taking about, it’s the same exact reason why I can’t have recurring Apple payments on my card.

Back