Credit Card Help Desk: Answers to Your Questions!

I usually apply for credit cards directly, but made an exception recently for Standard Chartered as I normally have no reason to opt for their cards but was offered as LTF by their direct agent.

I was a bit sceptical on the LTF status and asked for a confirmation on it which they said will be provided prior to dispatch.

As it turns out, the bank only did KYC and did not follow up to confirm the T&C and instead dispatched the card. I escalated it at every level upto the principal nodal officer and was told the card carries charges.

In the meantime, I never activated the card and as per RBI norms it is cancelled automatically after 30 days, though I also told the PNO to disable the card and put me on their DND list as I was still getting their service calls. The agent called me a month later desperately trying to get me to activate the card, so I assume they didn't earn anything from this.

It is a definite hit on my credit score but had to take it and would advise others to not trust even first party bank agents.

I usually apply for credit cards directly, but made an exception recently for Standard Chartered as I normally have no reason to opt for their cards but was offered as LTF by their direct agent.

I was a bit sceptical on the LTF status and asked for a confirmation on it which they said will be provided prior to dispatch.

As it turns out, the bank only did KYC and did not follow up to confirm the T&C and instead dispatched the card. I escalated it at every level upto the principal nodal officer and was told the card carries charges.

In the meantime, I never activated the card and as per RBI norms it is cancelled automatically after 30 days, though I also told the PNO to disable the card and put me on their DND list as I was still getting their service calls. The agent called me a month later desperately trying to get me to activate the card, so I assume they didn't earn anything from this.

It is a definite hit on my credit score but had to take it and would advise others to not trust even first party bank agents.
yeah, had the same experience with ICICI, an agent from the local branch offered my father Coral as ltf, we proceeded with the application assuming it would be ltf but when the card was received, it already had some outstanding against it, the agent said its one-time fee and not to worry, luckily I was at home and looked it up and lo behold! that card was not ltf, had to go to the branch to get **** up resolved but got the pleasure to see the manager reaming out the agent in front of me
One of my relative applied for axis bank flipkart cc based on my recommendation.
He doesnt have an axis bank acc
His experian score is 777 out of 900.
Cibil score is 790 with age of credit 3yr 9 months and only one credit enquiry regarding axis cc in last 3 months
He used to have a sbi cc which he closed couple years back.
this is the status of application.

Any suggestions on how to proceed.
no point getting axis flipkart imo, since your relative has had credit history with SBI, I would say to go with cashback card instead, you get the the same 5% cashback upto 5k but can use it apart from flipkart/myntra too

It is also not free except for certain companies employees & won't be easy to get as first hdfc credit card.
Well, I did not say it was LTF.
HDFC always gives a better card to NTB customers than those who already hold a co-branded or low level card. Assuming, he can bring some business to the bank and has good cibil, Regalia Gold is not hard to get LTF.

Even if it was ltf there is no need to be ltf card collector, having too many cc will impact your future home loan application especially if combined credit limit of all the cc you have is large (with respect to your official annual income you can give proof of).

yeah, had the same experience with ICICI, an agent from the local branch offered my father Coral as ltf, we proceeded with the application assuming it would be ltf
For future reference, icici only offer ltf card to its existing customers holding a bank acc with them & via a pre-approved offer in their netbanking/mobile app.

Well, I did not say it was LTF.
HDFC always gives a better card to NTB customers than those who already hold a co-branded or low level card. Assuming, he can bring some business to the bank and has good cibil, Regalia Gold is not hard to get LTF.
From the examples I have seen, a person who can get regalia gold as NTB (new to bank) customer to HDFC can most likely get a better card from other banks/sbi card. Regalia gold is ltf only to selected companies employees (usually psu & big MNCs) or large relationship value (not everyone can do this just for a cc).

something weird happened today.
i got a call from "Sbi card department" on my secondary number.
The girl was talking about some emi offers, i said i wasnt interested and asked how did they get hold of this number as i have never given this no to any bank.
i m 100% sure of this.
She said something like " This call is auto generated by system after sometime a card bearer spends using cc".

Now i m confused, pretty sure this wasnt a scam, since they told me first four digits of my card upfront and just wanted to talk about flexipay and as soon as i told i wasnt interested they ended the call.
Also truecaller shows the no as SBi card verified.

But then again who works on sunday.

All these calls are coming on my secondary number instead of primary which was used everywhere from bank acc to cc application.

Update _ Got another call, the agent wanted me to do an emi ,had to cancel the call midway.

Last edited:
All these calls are coming on my secondary number instead of primary which was used everywhere from bank acc to cc application.
Was that secondary number ever used for any other cc application in the past? If yes then check your detailed cibil report to see if that number is also listed there because if it is then you will get cc related calls on that number too.

Was that secondary number ever used for any other cc application in the past? If yes then check your detailed cibil report to see if that number is also listed there because if it is then you will get cc related calls on that number too.
Nope, this is the first time i applied for a cc.
That number is never used for any official business.

That number is never used for any official business.
Was it strictly personal? ie.) Only friends and family or was it given for any promotion at some shop or online or something similar?

If it was strictly personal, I don't know how it could have leaked other than if somebody got their phone "hacked" and the contacts lifted. (Telegram mass PM links come to mind)

Most of the shop guys sell the data that flows through their systems to make a little extra money, if not the owner itself, then atleast the employees. Are the calls only for CC / bank related or have you received random junk calls from all sorts of telemarketers?

You mean experian score of 777. Axis use cibil score for cc applications as far as I know.

Nothing you can do other than wait. It is always recommended to open a bank acc in axis if planning on getting axis cc in future. Same advice apply for hdfc bank.
my mother cibil is probably 400 ish she never took any credit card but she is a flipkart user from a very long time, last week she got this flipkart card on basis of itr slip , they dispatched card within 2 days. limit is 65k for now

One of my relative applied for axis bank flipkart cc based on my recommendation.
He doesnt have an axis bank acc
His experian score is 777 out of 900.
Cibil score is 790 with age of credit 3yr 9 months and only one credit enquiry regarding axis cc in last 3 months
He used to have a sbi cc which he closed couple years back.
this is the status of application.

Any suggestions on how to proceed.
View attachment 204185
any chance he missed the video kyc?

my mother cibil is probably 400 ish she never took any credit card but she is a flipkart user from a very long time, last week she got this flipkart card on basis of itr slip , they dispatched card within 2 days. limit is 65k for now

any chance he missed the video kyc?
He got no option for video kyc, while filling it up.
They just asked details like pan, payslip etc.
Was there supposed to be kyc while applying , i thought it will happen once they check eligibility.
Most of the shop guys sell the data that flows through their systems to make a little extra money, if not the owner itself, then atleast the employees. Are the calls only for CC / bank related or have you received random junk calls from all sorts of telemarketers?
Yes it is more of a personal mumber.
May have given number in random places but definitely in anything related to bank or finances.
No,have never received any spam calls till date, only received these couple sbi card calls today.

There is no app/website which gives 2% cashback, heck even 1% uncapped.
The best way to get 1% cashback is using HDFC Billpay portal with HDFC Platinum Debit Card to pay Credit card bills of banks other than HDFC itself. This way you'll get at max 750rs cashback in a calendar month.
PSA to anyone who was planning on getting an HDFC platinum DC for CC bill payments, it was good while it lasted:

Update - Looks like i switched my sims yesterday.
It was coming on my primary sim only but said sim2 in my phone...:p
Lol!
400 cibil is not possible without a loan default.

Hi friends. Is there any way to pay a credit card bill without knowing the full credit card number? I know the last 4 digits and the registered mobile number is mine.

It's an old citi credit card which has now been transferred to Axis. I can't see the card in my Axis login, but I received the statement last month. Unfortunately the statement also does not contain the full card no. The bill is overdue since last 3 years and is ruining my credit score.

Back