Credit Card Help Desk: Answers to Your Questions!

If you are getting a nominal card for 500 fee then check which is the top tier card for the same fee.

It seems simplyclick and simplysave are available for that fee, simplyclick being better. I wanted to know if amazon accepts any sbi credit card for offers or only particular ones.

Guys, I'm getting a credit card from SBI. There are so many types of sbi credit cards.
Which is the best card that can be used for amazon shopping sales?
Cashback is easily the most valuable card you can get, even with its higher annual fees, because of the flat 5% back on most online purchases. But Cashback is generally not eligible for sales, like the ones on Amazon. So ideally you'd have two SBI CCs, one Cashback and another one just for sales. Any CC other than Cashback will work for sales, so just choose the one that you want or the one with lowest annual fees.

Simplyclick is the way to go if you want a card to use for sale offers.
It has 500 per year fee
And this is waived if u spend 1lkh/year

It seems simplyclick and simplysave are available for that fee, simplyclick being better. I wanted to know if amazon accepts any sbi credit card for offers or only particular ones.
Get SimplyClick for offers, it's the better one between the two. Try to get SBI Cashback card in future as it is great card for flat 5% cashback on all online purchases. But it is not eligible for amazon/flipkart SBI specific offers.

Sorry for this dumb question. But is this card LTF or what? Also, who is exactly providing this hdfc or this tata new thingy? I checked tnc but can't find any details regarding its annual charges.
No, its not LTF. It is a co-branded card. It will be managed by HDFC.

Tatat Neu is 500+gst
Tata Infinity is 1500+gst
I would suggest checking offer via TATA Neu App directly, most probably you will get FYF (first year free).

Cashback is easily the most valuable card you can get, even with its higher annual fees, because of the flat 5% back on most online purchases. But Cashback is generally not eligible for sales, like the ones on Amazon. So ideally you'd have two SBI CCs, one Cashback and another one just for sales. Any CC other than Cashback will work for sales, so just choose the one that you want or the one with lowest annual fees.
Get SimplyClick for offers, it's the better one between the two. Try to get SBI Cashback card in future as it is great card for flat 5% cashback on all online purchases. But it is not eligible for amazon/flipkart SBI specific offers.

Already have amazon's icici cc and hdfc millenia which covers amazon, flipkart, myntra, swiggy and zomato; hdfc has a limit on cashback though. I feel the cashback card wouldn't be worth it.

My main intention to get sbi card is frequently amazon pairing up with them and it's essential during sales time. Otherwise, I would usually stay away from sbi cc; even a one small issue and I'd have to visit them for a week to get it rectified, that too not atleast 1 hour prior to their lunch time ig.

It seems simplyclick card is the way to go, as all of you have suggested the same. I will apply for it and see how long it takes.
Thanks guys.

-------
Btw, any idea abt difference between sbi simplyclick and simplyclick advantage?

Last edited:
Guys, I'm getting a credit card from SBI. There are so many types of sbi credit cards.
Which is the best card that can be used for amazon shopping sales?
Get simplyclick card if you are sure you can spend 1 lakh online/offline in a billing cycle year to get 500(+90 gst) annual fee waiver or BPCL Card if you have an eligible BPCL outlet near your location to redeem points for fuel & you can spend at least 50k on it in a billing cycle year to get 500(+90 gst) annual fee waiver. Whatever you do, do not take irctc card or similar credit card from sbi which gives reward points to co-brand wallet (like irtctc card points come directly to linked irctc wallet to the card).

Any card works but get the best whose annual fee matches the highest privileged card.
If you are getting a nominal card for 500 fee then check which is the top tier card for the same fee.
In sbi card there are only two annual fee tiers worth paying: any 500 annual fee card for 10% sbi card sale offers & 1000 annual fee cashback card for 5% cb up to 5k per month but excl any sbi card 10% sale offers.
It seems simplyclick card is the way to go, as all of you have suggested the same. I will apply for it and see how long it takes.
Do not forget one basic thing when it comes to sbi credit cards. They have a policy where any reward points earned during 10% (or similar) instant discount sbi credit card sale offers are taken back after 6-7 months so never redeem any reward points on any sbi card without calculating first how many of those reward points are for txns done during 10% sbi card sale offer on a website because when sbi card is taking back reward points & you have already redeemed those points then it will instead put a debit charge of equivalent rupees on your card & the worst thing is that they will consider the highest ratio for converting the points value to debit charge instead of whatever ratio you redeemed the points at (for example you redeemed 2500 points for 500 rupees amazon pay voucher but sbi card at 1RP=20paisa but sbi card will take 2000 points for 500 rupees XYZ brand as reference to put debit charge at the rate of 1 point=25 paisa).

Sorry for this dumb question. But is this card LTF or what? Also, who is exactly providing this hdfc or this tata new thingy? I checked tnc but can't find any details regarding its annual charges.
It says there in top left corner "zero joining fee for you" meaning it is first year free (FYF) & then annual charges. Tata neu plus has 500+gst annual charge while Tata neu infinity has 1500+gst annual charge.

Last edited:
Thansk @guest_999 for such a wonderful and detailed answer. I had exactly those doubts and you've explained thoughtfully.

Regarding reward points, I noticed below conversation in a youtube video and users mentioned they were charged hefty money compared to redeem points earned. Is this the same thing you're talking about?

IMG_5854.jpeg

Let me know if the screenshot isn't clear.
The only reason I'm considering taking sbi cc is for the sake of amazon sale, and would only use it that time. In this scenario I shouldn't even need to think about reward points and can simply forget about they exist?

Yes, I noticed they have bpcl card as well. I have bpcl outlet near my home and always fill fuel only from that place, atleast Rs.3k every month. In this case it seems useful but any simple issue happens I'd have to visit sbi or keep emailing them which is usually hassle with sbi staff. Another user in a youtube video mentioned he did not get 1% surcharge waiver and had to email sbi higher staff and waited for 2 weeks to get the issue resolved.

Regarding bpcl card's reward points it's confusing how many one would get, but considering the issues we 'might' face, is it worth getting the bpcl card? Let's assume annual spends on bpcl outlets would be at least Rs.30k. Further, I don't know if the outlet uses sbi pos mahcines, most likely not.

For Amazon offers, just got to sbicard.com/sprint and apply for SBI SimplyClick. My card was approved within 3 mins and virtual card was generated immediately after KYC with digilocker. (previously had Cashback card). So could make use of the card for Amazon offer and get the deal in time.

Regarding reward points, I noticed below conversation in a youtube video and users mentioned they were charged hefty money compared to redeem points earned. Is this the same thing you're talking about?
Yes that is the same thing I mentioned earlier.

The only reason I'm considering taking sbi cc is for the sake of amazon sale, and would only use it that time. In this scenario I shouldn't even need to think about reward points and can simply forget about they exist?
Correct. I am also using my sbi card in the same way.

Yes, I noticed they have bpcl card as well. I have bpcl outlet near my home and always fill fuel only from that place, atleast Rs.3k every month. In this case it seems useful but any simple issue happens I'd have to visit sbi or keep emailing them which is usually hassle with sbi staff. Another user in a youtube video mentioned he did not get 1% surcharge waiver and had to email sbi higher staff and waited for 2 weeks to get the issue resolved.
That is a typical problem with sbi card which as you have already expected has one of the worst customer support among all major credit card entities.

Regarding bpcl card's reward points it's confusing how many one would get, but considering the issues we 'might' face, is it worth getting the bpcl card? Let's assume annual spends on bpcl outlets would be at least Rs.30k. Further, I don't know if the outlet uses sbi pos mahcines, most likely not.
It is not worth the extra hassle unless you are sure about all the T&C on BPCL card & can spend at least 50k in a billing cycle year to save that 500+90 annual fee. In my opinion if you can save even 2-3k during sbi card sale on amazon/flipkart during the year then I think 590 is a justified amt to pay as charge on simplyclick without the extra hassle of BPCL card T&C.

For Amazon offers, just got to sbicard.com/sprint and apply for SBI SimplyClick. My card was approved within 3 mins and virtual card was generated immediately after KYC with digilocker. (previously had Cashback card). So could make use of the card for Amazon offer and get the deal in time.
SBI card has very peculiar approval process for their credit cards. Some get it easily within few mins like your case while some don't get it even after months/year of trying despite having cc from other banks with decent limit.

Do not forget one basic thing when it comes to sbi credit cards. They have a policy where any reward points earned during 10% (or similar) instant discount sbi credit card sale offers are taken back after 6-7 months so never redeem any reward points on any sbi card without calculating first how many of those reward points are for txns done during 10% sbi card sale offer on a website because when sbi card is taking back reward points & you have already redeemed those points then it will instead put a debit charge of equivalent rupees on your card & the worst thing is that they will consider the highest ratio for converting the points value to debit charge instead of whatever ratio you redeemed the points at (for example you redeemed 2500 points for 500 rupees amazon pay voucher but sbi card at 1RP=20paisa but sbi card will take 2000 points for 500 rupees XYZ brand as reference to put debit charge at the rate of 1 point=25 paisa).
Thanks for this information.
Do you have any idea on how long reward points are valid on sbi cc

Any recommendations for RUPAY card ? Any lounge benefits that comes across ?
My research suggested TATA NEU as of now
Most cards now offer lounge access based on min spend criterion in last quarter/month. Tata Neu is a decent rupay cc but only take it if you order often from apps in tata ecosystem.

One of my relative applied for axis bank flipkart cc based on my recommendation.
He doesnt have an axis bank acc
His experian score is 777 out of 900.
Cibil score is 790 with age of credit 3yr 9 months and only one credit enquiry regarding axis cc in last 3 months
He used to have a sbi cc which he closed couple years back.
this is the status of application.

Any suggestions on how to proceed.
1000299063.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing you can do other than wait. It is always recommended to open a bank acc in axis if planning on getting axis cc in future. Same advice apply for hdfc bank.
Lemme try to check his cibil score.
Btw, do these bank slow down the process for non acc holders?
Or the wait time is really this long.
I mean, at this point getting rejected would feel better than stuck in this limbo:rolleyes:

Edit _ Cibil score is 790

Last edited:
Lemme try to check his cibil score.
Btw, do these bank slow down the process for non acc holders?
Or the wait time is really this long.
I mean, at this point getting rejected would feel better than stuck in this limbo:rolleyes:

Edit _ Cibil score is 790
For non bank acc holders the kyc is always longer especially if it is not 100% vkyc & involve some physical verification of home/office address. You can try contacting axis customer care by quoting the application reference number but don't expect much. Also, if application is rejected then usually banks have some cooldown period before one can apply again. For sbi & icici this cooldown period is 180 days but for axis I think it is 90 days but not sure so it is always better for system to simply discard such stuck application than getting a rejection.

Back