Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

Write a nutshell review perhaps? How is the AI? Smart or dumb like Crysis1? F.E.A.R. = Best AI for me.

EA disabled DX11 in Crysis 2 PC despite promising otherwise. I guess, they will release DX11 patch for the PC eventually when they are satisfied with the sale of console version of the game.

Tarcxy said:
I am not much of an FPS player. But ordered it sometime back from Flipkart. Mine hasnt been shipped yet. Sent them a mail.
That's strange, RD274 me and mastersquall have atleast got an email from then which have our shipping details.

I still havn't got any sms. So it's not shipped. SO it wont be shipped till Monday... tomorrow's a sunday thats why...

great, will have to wait till tuesday

Ok, played the game for 1 hr @ veteran difficulty. Guys having GPU 5770 or greater can play this game @ Extreme settings. I did it and got 24-29 FPS constant with Resolution 1920x 1080. Th gfx is really well optimized and awesome. I'm sure dx11 patch will look even more awesome.

The game play is good as well. You will need to use your tactics to kill the enemy. Run and Gun don't work here. And the AI is really good. My game is patched to v1.1 BTW.

PS: No offense guys, but i think this flipcart thing is going too high. Last 2-3 pages are filled with these. I am also guilty of this spam i know.

XTechManiac said:
Write a nutshell review perhaps? How is the AI? Smart or dumb like Crysis1? F.E.A.R. = Best AI for me.

EA disabled DX11 in Crysis 2 PC despite promising otherwise. I guess, they will release DX11 patch for the PC eventually when they are satisfied with the sale of console version of the game.
Real Dumb AI in Normal mode .... will try the higher difficulties and let you know more .. i liked the game a bit better than Crysis1 though ... maximum speed mode has been removed of the suit .. instead a new visor support has been added through which you can mark enemies and see where they are heading .... also there are NANO CATALYSTS in the game which allows you to buy some upgrades for the suit like faster regeneration of health , enemy path tracker , nano tracer etc. Theres no big boss fight in the game ... only the no. of the CEPH aliens increase as you get closer to the end . Not much of a weapon choice also ... my personal choice was the scar with assault scope and grenade launcher ... plus the detaching of the heavy MG system was real helpful.
Overall the game was quite good ... the odd thing was the suit used to talk when you almost die at the end :p it said " Wake up marine this is not the time for you to die , get up and get your ass out ther " .. lol wich actually was Psycho :D ... and yea the soldier which we play this time is known as ALCATRAZ

@dark.lord.rules:

Thanks a ton, for not using spoiler tags. You truly enlightened us all who are still waiting for our copies.

jojothedragon said:
Ok, played the game for 1 hr @ veteran difficulty. Guys having GPU 5770 or greater can play this game @ Extreme settings. I did it and got 24-29 FPS constant with Resolution 1920x 1080. Th gfx is really well optimized and awesome. I'm sure dx11 patch will look even more awesome.

The game play is good as well. You will need to use your tactics to kill the enemy. Run and Gun don't work here. And the AI is really good. My game is patched to v1.1 BTW.

PS: No offense guys, but i think this flipcart thing is going too high. Last 2-3 pages are filled with these. I am also guilty of this spam i know.
It's not SPAM, no one here really cares about their post count seriously..

inCrysis - Crysis Forums / Crysis 2 Advanced Graphics Options Application

Use this launched, set MSAA to 0 and fire up EDGE AA, same image quality but better frame rate.

RECOMMENDED:

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=67681

Use this autoexec, I see fantastic results in the thread, hopefully it will work for you the same way.

It boosted the frame rate from (at 1680x1050) from 43fps to 58fps on the HD5870. I'm expecting your 24-29fps to easily hit 35-38fps

^^
I guess I considered them spoilers, sorry then.

No big boss, all the NANO suit abilities (this is the main USP of the series). Weapon systems, "almost die in the end".

hmmm another update

Sat, 26-03-2011 | 04:50 PM Received At Flipkart Facility New Delhi

Fri, 25-03-2011 | 10:01 PM In Transit To Flipkart Facility New Delhi

Fri, 25-03-2011 | 07:34 PM Received At Flipkart Facility Mumbai

Fri, 25-03-2011 | 07:15 PM In Transit To Flipkart Facility Mumbai

^^

I guess our stuff is almost together...! Yours is office or home delivery...?

Sat, 26-03-2011 | 04:30 PM Received At Flipkart Facility New Delhi

Fri, 25-03-2011 | 10:01 PM In Transit To Flipkart Facility New Delhi

Fri, 25-03-2011 | 07:52 PM Received At Flipkart Facility Mumbai

Fri, 25-03-2011 | 07:15 PM In Transit To Flipkart Facility Mumbai

Guys, how is the tracking details of BlueDart. I am not able to track from last evening.:SMine was shipped last evening at 06:18 PM from FlipKart Side. Not been able to track and retards duped me over delivering it today. Getting it from Intencity in a while:D and cancelling the COD.:bleh:

JUST GOT THE GAME!!!!!!! Gonna install now :) Its limited edition, comes in a nice red case :)

IMG_10582.jpg

IMG_10591.jpg

IMG_10601.jpg

Back