Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

...already a 165mb update or is my steam losing it?

Though the (already worked-around) errors affecting some Crysis 2 PC players who are trying to activate their game online still haven't been patched out, Crytek launched an update earlier this week which fixes a few other errant bugs. These include measurements for blocking cheaters, hang-ups that affected matchmaking and problems with certain brands of USB headsets. Check out a full list of the updates after the jump.

The most controversial of these changes is the wholesale removal of auto-aim, a decision Crytek made "due to overwhelming community feedback." Sounds like beta participants weren't too crazy about the feature -- though, really, doesn't the idea of guns that aim for you kind of fit into Crysis' nanomachine-enhanced canon?

Server Browser shows incorrect pings – Fixed

Some matches never initiate – Fixed

Faster text chat – As speedy as can be

Console re-enabled – Console has been re-activated

Cheat detection – Now in place to ensure all users are on a level playing field

Fix USB headset issues – Current issues have been addressed and fixed

Fix hologram icon staying on screen after being used – Fixed

Remove Auto Aim – This has now been completely removed due to overwhelming community feedback

Pardon my ignorance, but what part of your present system sucks?

Intel.E8400@3.8Ghz | P5Q.PRO | 4GB.DDR2| Obsidian.800D | ATi.5850HD | <mushkin.Castillo.SSD

The way I see it, you've all the ends met.

Maybe m greedy for FPS then.... a SB OC to 4.5 with a 580GTX would be nicer for sure...

Does this patch affect the campaign gameplay in anyway?

WTF auto-aim? :O Is that option present in the single player campaign?

Gannu said:

I think it was only there initially for MP.

By the way, trying to send you a PM, your storage is full..!

Gannu said:

I don't think auto aim is disabled in the SP, but Gannu, auto aim was only for people playing on a PC with the 360 controller, it was disabled in the patch for MP gamers.

I started the game once before dinner just to check all was good and I came back to find it needs a patch...

"Way to go Crytek"

...I dont know whether to be happy that the Devs care to release a patch or to be sad to see an unfinished game yet again

Aman27deep said:
I don't think auto aim is disabled in the SP, but Gannu, auto aim was only for people playing on a PC with the 360 controller, it was disabled in the patch for MP gamers.
So with the mouse and keyboard, I suppose it is off by default. You haven't received your copy Aman?

Anil, cleared my inbox and sent you the response as well. :p

Gannu said:
So with the mouse and keyboard, I suppose it is off by default. You haven't received your copy Aman?

Anil, cleared my inbox and sent you the response as well. :p
I will get it by Monday or Tuesday at max. Exams Tomorrow and Wednesday. School/College farewell on Thursday. And gonna buy a GTX 560 / HD 6950 on Friday. Good week for me :p

soumalidon said:
many ppl are reporting flickering in multi GPU setups. Has it happened for anyone here with 2 cards?? Its working fine for me but that could be coz im running it in 3D, although i did get BSOD once due to a nvidla dll file and the game has crashed a few times. It seems to be a big problem..

MyCrysis &bull; View topic - Crysis 2 Multi GPU support causes insane flickering.
I should get my copy installed tomorrow once back from work. Man, if this happens, I am seriously going to be pi$$ed. We will have to wait for driver patches and game profiling then. No ways will I play this with one accelerator.

I paid already, I got an email after I asked them whats taking solong on behalf of all Delhi buyers, well he promised Monday aka todays' the day!!!

Back