Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

joy1 said:
Finally got my copy from Flipkart. :)

Anyone up for some online tonight. :p , Id name Joy1

WTF , every time I quit game and start it again , I have to enter the key again and again in MP menu.

Redeemed the Limited Edition code too , shows me lvl 5 in MP.

Anyone else facing this issue ??
Enter your sl key in the log-in menu you see when you start the game.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

XTechManiac said:
Its old news.

comp@ddict said:
great, no dx11 patch..

btw good news, FINALLY GOT MY COPY. Gonna play tonight
Congrats and happy shooting :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ram_dante said:
Crysis 2 is Brilliant! The game was decent/good in the first 2-4 stages but the game kicked in after that..Dont estimate thegame based on the first few levels guys, play it and feel it! Its uber awesome!

I love this game!
Ok then will do it as you say as I was playing it for just half an hour and didn't feel the excitement expect for that it runs well on my rig.. really want to gun down many but currently didn't like to sneak, tag and kill few.. hoping it rocks after the intial levels..

^ Its meant to be played that way with lot of cloak use, specially on Veteran difficulty and higher , once u encounter many aliens together along with elite ones, being stealthy is the only way to avoid death , with no quick save , it gets really challenging in some sections.

Crysis 2 is undoubtedly one of the best computer games I have ever played in my life, at least as good if not much better than Crysis 1.

Also, the current part of the game avges 55-65 FPS on my rig, even during fights. And the minimum is usually around 53 FPS and once it went to 49 FPS I think. However, not every part of the game runs this well :p

^ Add me also guys :)

aman27deep

-----

As my exams end, Hoping my net works from tomorrow. Getting the weird 691 error but my username and password are correct :|

Guys, got my copy on Monday morning from Intencity. Just finished the SP campaign in the noon.

The game was frigging AWESOME. Enjoyed the gameplay. Graphics wasn't that really great. But the STEALTH KILLING THE CEPHS was PURE BLISS. Loved every moment of the Game. Storyline wasnt that great either. Here is a TEASER.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got two exams coming up in a month.

Great way to start STUDYING after Crysis 2. Feels Good, now can concentrate better.:p

Will get back for MP sessions once exams are over.

Meantime,

HAPPY CRYSIS 2.:D

what exams do you guys have? I'm with stupid engi entrances...

BTW, here's the autoexec which lets me play at 50-60fps constant with 1 second drops to 35 in extreme firefights and many lights scenes.

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    508 bytes · Views: 169
Received it this morning and have been playing since then on super soldier difficulty. So far, its great.....played few MP games as well :)

XTechManiac said:
Where exactly do i find my autoexec file? :ashamed:
It's a custom generated file. You download the one that comp@ddict has provided and place it in the directory where your main game is installed.

Just download my autoexec and paste it in the Crysis2/... root folder..

You're good to go. Remember, dont change in-game graphics option after this, as you would temporarily override the autoexec till you restart the game again.

I've worked on this exec and it's my custom config, hope you guys find it good. Special care has been taken to provide perfect balance on quality and smoothness. The thing is unnecessary filtering on textures which you never stare at or us a microscope to observe the game are just hitting performance, and they have been configured.

Expect image quality in the same league as EXTREME settings

EDIT:

Please guys tell me what frame rate difference you get on your rig on extreme settings and then using my autoexec. Do mention the resolution.

For me, I jumped from 32-40 to straight 48-60, mostly 60 all the time, recommended leave V-Sync on, as otherwise i've observed loads of screen-tearing(by default v-sync is on in my config)

Completed the SP yesterday at 11.10

Nice Storyline but I am kinda bored of these story!! Graphics are not so great I must say it again still nice one.

avinash4 said:
Great way to start STUDYING after Crysis 2. Feels Good, now can concentrate better.:p

Meantime,

HAPPY CRYSIS 2.:D

Agreed mate..after all day work I used to play till 2-3AM and rest of the day :yawn: ing lol

Thanks. I'll check the autoexec file.

BTW, what the hell.. Has the game's security been breached, and one can play multiplayer even on a non-legit copy? Without the keys? :|

Back