Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

Hades. said:
Crysis is crashing...:'(

:help:
Flip the switch on the card and switch back to the stock 6950 2GB settings. A crash could possibly be because you've it unlocked to a 6970. Revert back with the results.

Roxtin said:
^ Can I use your cfg on my system as it is? System config is as per my sig.
yes yes, i do recommend one thing..

first launch the game, choose extreme settings and for your gpu maybe a resolution lesser than 1920x1080(try all)

Now, quit the game, put the autoexec.cfg in the root folder.. and start the game again

I'm uploading the latest cfg. I found an issue, where texture streaming wasn't really working. So I googled a bit, found out about the command and that it has to be put at the end of the cfg. Well fair enough. What it does it it loads all textures at the start of the level. So lesser lag(not for less than 256MB g.cards

---------DOWNLOAD---------------------------

View attachment 14485

-------------CFG-----------------------

Aman27deep said:
around 40-45 at high (that is the lowest right?) on 1152*720

HD4670?

cybo47 said:
Wow!, compaddict's file worked for me.

getting around 55-60 fps with a few dips to 30fps at heavy areas.
Thank you, do try this updated one.

Hades. said:
Crysis is crashing...:'(

:help:
The game is heavy.. do go to stock settings if any OC or whatsoever

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    510 bytes · Views: 187
Okay I guess your i5 has something to do with that. I'm getting anywhere from 30-50fps with my config at 1024x768 high. I'm guessing I'll crank up the reso to something thats not a cpu-reso :S.

@CompAddict:

Surely a great initiative. Please do not take this else wise, but how how different is what you made from this.

Just being candid here, since the latter gives a GUI..?

:)

Though on a side-note, am not using any .cfg cause of the bloom/HDR flicker issue with Crossfire. Am forcing all settings using RadeonPRO and spoofing the exe to read Bioshock.exe...!

guys i am getting disconnected from any multiplayer server I Join within 1 min of gameplay in that server....................not able to play the mp at all.........

anyone else also facing the same issue..........?? any solution available for this problem.......??

I just decided I'd use this to get the best fps config for Crysis 2. Now I'll drop my resolution to 1024x768 and play. Minimum fps is now 37 in major firefights. Phew.

monkee said:
Okay I guess your i5 has something to do with that. I'm getting anywhere from 30-50fps with my config at 1024x768 high. I'm guessing I'll crank up the reso to something thats not a cpu-reso :S.
Actually mine hovers around 55 and drops to 40 rarely that's why i said 45 on an average.

devesh38 said:
guys i am getting disconnected from any multiplayer server I Join within 1 min of gameplay in that server....................not able to play the mp at all.........

anyone else also facing the same issue..........?? any solution available for this problem.......??
got the same problem on some servers. Try joining other servers.

It really varies a lot on the map. There are maps where I average around 60-65+ and there are maps where my average isn't even 50 during intense firefights!

dinjo said:
^ GUI nothing else, command line provides more controls on graphical settings
exactly.. i have that too..

see you are free to use anything, any cfg or tool..

the only thing is i have tested the cfg i uploaded for good balance of quality and performance..

No, I just want 50-60fps stable. For some reason, Crysis 2 runs for hours well on my PC, but Shift 2 crashes well within 10-15 minutes.

running fine for me no problem with fps or anything else until now in sp
mp is also good but server do mess up the ranking etc etc i was on rank 15 yesterday but today i am on rank 11th.
waiting for the patches for mp :)

ohhh one more news-(source mycrysis.com)-
31/3 - Today we released the first of a number of security updates, accounts that we have identified as exploiting an unfair advantage have been reset and if the activity persists they will be banned permanently. If you find yourself being kicked from every MP game it is because our systems have detected you cheating. We will continue to update anti-cheat software in Crysis 2 and strive for a cheat-free community.

monkee said:
No, I just want 50-60fps stable. For some reason, Crysis 2 runs for hours well on my PC, but Shift 2 crashes well within 10-15 minutes.
Shift 2, Mass Effect 2, Darksiders and Dead Space 2 freezes on my HD 4670 too, something that never happened with me on GTX 460 (Bar Shift 2 as i didn't try that).

Try Shift 2. Its crashing out like mad for me. It just kills the driver, cuz I always have to restart PC. But I got irritated that I was playing too much Crysis 2 with an exam tomorrow, so I rebooted in OSX so I don't try anything smart lol. CSS sucks on OSX as well. OpenGL just blows and the tearing is IMMENSE.

However, OSX is a distraction as well. I now have this.

http://yfrog.com/z/gzq44ep

Haha yeah, but most of the stuff in tomorrow exams was done last term. International Business ( this term ) vs International Banking and Finance from last term. :S.

Back