Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

Hurray just what I was waiting for,,weekend is set wow...

Any one tried the patch...has it become a GPU killer now with Direct X 11 enabled features???

jc36lect3r said:
DirectX 11 pack 4.5 GB, High res texture pack 5.7 GB !!! 10 GB of download just for new shine :|
I hope this does not force auto-patch. 10GB no ways. Or is it manual as per users choice.

I don't find the visual difference anywhere near as how much it's being hyped.

Tessalation ON/OFF hardly gives anything, unless you take a screenshot in-game, minimize, open picture and zoom in.

I don't know, maybe I was expecting more. Like the trees behaving like trees(which they did in Crysis 1, in 2, they are just sticks with pricks aka leaves)

THe texture pack is something that should have been included in the final game itself. I mean textures 1/4th the size of Crysis 1 isn't done(the road is dirty, the bulidings are so sharp they can slice paper)

BUT, BUT, I don't complain for that. MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT is that despite Crytek claiming they will implement the BEST AI and anti-cheat ever, it's not there. I mean, the anti-cheat is a JOKE!!! Hackers don't even get scared when we say we'll get them banned. They just reply, "nothing will ever happen"

The texture packages are available. They will activate in-game once 1.9 is applied (normal patch) to the game. 27th June, the 1.9 patch will go live.

Is something wrong on my side or are the download sizes mentioned on techpowerup utterly wrong? The DX11 patch is about 545MB in size, and the texture pack is about 1.66 GB in size. I do not want download 2 GB of data only to realize that the files are corrupt.

unixguru said:
Is something wrong on my side or are the download sizes mentioned on techpowerup utterly wrong? The DX11 patch is about 545MB in size, and the texture pack is about 1.66 GB in size. I do not want download 2 GB of data only to realize that the files are corrupt.
Downloading it from office so no worries even if 2GB is wasted :p

Techpowerup sizes are wrong ..... havent played Crysis2 yet but just got a 480 :D cant wait to see DX11 what timing ..... and I really hope it has settings that will make it look mad and jawdropping and require as many cards as you can afford :p

and as i say that i find this http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=70SZifeK

comparison shots .... the less said the better .... no biggie crysis 1 had some insane custom texture mods that made it look photorealistic in places almost .... just gonna have to wait and see if the same happens here.

Back