Currently reading the book

Metallus said:
Yeah Tanequil came out last year, third one is due this year towards the end. Try out some Dragonlance books, specially The Minotaur Wars Trilogy, all three books are out now. And give the Forgotten Realms a go too (if ya want I can tell ya which ones ;) ). Gemmel's Drenai tales are pretty good, last I read were, White Wolf and Swords of Day and Night (Waylander series was the best). Heck even books on Eberron have started appearing (I gotta get me some of those).
hey any recomendations welcome ;) only read david eddings (was i ever that naive) , robert j , terry brooks and david gemell

Aces170 said:
Just finished eye of the world, will read wheel of time Part 2 now.

haha , you are setting yourself up for a disappointment i think ;) enjoy the first few books..had some great potential it really goes downhill later

i own all 10 books and i think i still havent given the last 2 more than a glance :p

theres a new book :new spring" i think which was half decent. more of a prequel though. 11th book will be here in october

library only has popular best sellers so most of the time i buy the stuff i'm interested in

bottle said:
hey any recomendations welcome ;) only read david eddings (was i ever that naive) , robert j , terry brooks and david gemell

theres a new book :new spring" i think which was half decent. more of a prequel though. 11th book will be here in october

Aww Eddings is toooo boooooring :p, I have most of his books, never read any after the first one.

The best Forgotten Realms author is Robert A. Salvatore. I suggest you start off with Salvatore's The Dark Elf trilogy (his best ever) and then go with Icewind Dale trilogy (don't know if this will still be in print). Next comes Legacy of the Drow series, which I am sad to say I don't have and will never have (out of print). And then the Paths of Darkness series (Servant of the Shard is the absolute best in this series). Lastly comes the Hunter's Blade trilogy (not one of the best).

You can also try and get RA Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen series. Gives an insight into the horrible world of the Dark Elves, five books, all by different authors.

And you can also get Troy Denning's Return of the Archwizards trilogy, Sembia series (by different authors) and Paul S. Kemp's Erevis Cale trilogy (2 books out, 3rd due in Nov).

Out of these, The Dark Elf trilogy is the best. I got mine from a library in Chennai :).

Will tell ya of some from Dragonlance and Eberron when I get em.

@Blue - I buy all my books from amazon. No libs in Hyd and bookstores never have these books in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading an edited collection of stories (by reader's digest). Hmm, I am thinking of reading Pickwick papers again, a bit slower this time :D

haha , you are setting yourself up for a disappointment i think enjoy the first few books..had some great potential it really goes downhill later

i own all 10 books and i think i still havent given the last 2 more than a glance

BAH Bottle you have just ruined my appetie now to read the book, PART 1 was really amazing at the ends, I thought I would be preoccupied in the nights for at least 4-5 mths... LOL back to Ut2k4 it seems... ;)

hehe go ahead it was fantastic till book 4 or so. then it became average and by 8 it was a total mess . too many characters , no proper character developement etc. i think even the most fanatic fan of the series should have given up by now.

bottle said:
which library ?? me in chennai as well.
hey bottle, extremely sorry man, I turned my house upside down looking for that damned bill, just couldn't find it. Still looking but, methinks you're better off getting it from where you usually do (book being a bit old and all). I'll holla at ya if I find it though :).

Me reading "The Hardy Boys - Flight of Terror"
Pretty entertaining!
Hah the good ol school days, finished most of the books in my time 12 ( in my 5th Grade ) years back. That and Dr WHO one of my favourites, not to forget PG Wodehouse, infact PG Wodehouse is awesome, if you ppl havent give it a try. Give a try now.

i am readin
1)cracking da vinci code
2)love story

actually I read the latter whenever I feel like... finish it in 2 hours and then just sit and think how such a small story can effect u so much

Am reading:
Angels and demons Dan Brown.
next book : The hammer of Eden by Ken follet...
desperate to read: The eye of the needle by ken follet..
btw any KEN FOLLET OR MATHEW REILLEY FANS HERE??

satanofgamers said:
Am reading:

Angels and demons Dan Brown.

next book : The hammer of Eden by Ken follet...

desperate to read: The eye of the needle by ken follet..

btw any KEN FOLLET OR MATHEW REILLEY FANS HERE??

I've read all Matthew Reilley books except for that lame Hovercar Racer.

Currently reading a few Warhammer books :p .

Back