Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
SumitB said:
Dhruv, just back from the office of the courier. Got delivery of the chips! Plugged in the chip into the PS3, pressed the power button and immediately released it and pressed the eject button. I did not switch off the power from the mains before doing it. Plugged in the USB drive with the open manager I downloaded earlier. The unit showed that I can install a program. Installed it and I had Open Manager ready to run. Ran it, shoved in a PS3 game disc and it is being copied as I type this!

Thanks! One works. I will test the other chip in 1 hour.

Thanks a ton!
Great to hear that mate !

Probably shipping in a day or two. I was waiting for these chips to deliver to finalize the orders. Your chips have already been bought so you will definitely get it.

Is my replacement also coming with this batch? Or later?

I will ship the chip back to you in a day or two...

Cheers

:(:(:(:(:(

why the hell did I upgrade

:ashamed::ashamed::ashamed::ashamed::ashamed::ashamed::ashamed::ashamed:

Someone please buy my PS3.. anyone who is not looking to jailbreak.. come one .. I know there is one soul looking to buy a PS3 for not jailbreaking..

L33TWiZaRd said:
Is my replacement also coming with this batch? Or later?

I will ship the chip back to you in a day or two...

Cheers
It will be here along with the 2nd batch. Btw i'm trying to get urs upgraded to atmega64 for asbestOS. New chip so will cost a little bit more...lemme know if ur interested.

yeah sure thing....lemme know the difference :)

But won't that take longer? As he is still undecided on making one with bigger flash as they are all expensive?

Got my chip and just loaded it on the PS3 and WOOOHOOO! I think I have JB'd it. I'm getting those install .pkg file (apps) screen. So I assume it's ready to go. Now the joke, I can't seem to find a f*ckin' thumb drive in my room. Dam it! Can I load backup manager or open manager via a DVD?

So got mine... but could figure out what to do..

I turn my PS3 off from back, the red LED comes on, then i press the power and immediately release it and press eject.

But i hear only the beeping sound.. beep beep beep continously. nothing happens.. :S

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

the ps3 gets stuck now... :S...

m-jeri said:
So got mine... but could figure out what to do..

I turn my PS3 off from back, the red LED comes on, then i press the power and immediately release it and press eject.

But i hear only the beeping sound.. beep beep beep continously. nothing happens.. :S

the ps3 gets stuck now... :S...

That's weird. It booted on the first shot for me. What do you mean by it's stuck now?

Dhruv, I backed up 2 games GT5 and Uncharted 2. Backup went off successfully but when I execute them, I am returned to the main interface. What mistake am I making?

OK loaded open manager 1.4 successfully. Now I'll probably try to configure Blackb0x FTP and see if the FTP process works.

@Jerin : Here you go... recorded a video for you mate. Take a look at it, this is exactly how it is to be done. Btw, switch OFF the audio before watching... it is totally scrambled.

@SumitB : I'm not sure about GT5 but Uncharted 2 has files greater than 4GB so you will have to use Open Split for that. It will split the files which Open Manager will rejoin in the internal harddisk.

Anybody else had any problems ? I'll start off the 2nd batch tomorrow.

Someone please help with the FTP tutorial. I'm really having a tough time configuring it via wired connection.

Start PS3 FTP Server app via XMB under 'Game'

Once in the app select 'Start FTP Service'

On the PC side

Win:

Download and install Filezilla

Start Filezilla, Under host enter the IP of your PS3 as seen on the FTP app

Set the username to FTPD12345 and leave the password blank/anything you want

Finally click 'quickconnect' and DONE!

Bilderman2010.09.075-53-13PM.png

Enter dev_hdd0>game> LAUN12345 / OMAN45678 depending on what you chose during installation > GAMEZ > place game here

I have Blackb0x FTP and OM's FTP. So how do I go about getting them to recognise the IP? Is this above setup for wired direct PC to PS3 connection or wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back