Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
dhruvrock2000 said:
Its the latest version of the hex. Enables you to patch and run 3.42 games like Medal of Honor and MMA
And any other title that would want you to update to the 3.42 fw. Like the upcoming Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Dhruv, were you able to check the V4B with MMA yesterday? :)

I havent played a single new game released last year.. guess i have LOT of time for updating. :D.

One thing though.. I ripped a game into my ps3. and i can connect via FTP. Can i remove the game from ps3 to pc? and later load it when i need?

if so.. the games under the oman something folder right?. why do they save in these weird names?

Ethan_Hunt said:
OK! Got my chip flashed to Hermes V4b. Thanks for you help Dhruv. I thought I had botched the hex loading the first time round. Now will try the game part tomorrow.
Awesome. Can you help me out with the same whenever you are free?

dhurv can you give the name of the current boards being shipped? would help to get the hex appropriate for that and does anyone what exactly is this payload? :| got me wondering for days

3.42 game testing update (Entry 1):

Chip used: AT90USB162 key
Hex used: Hermes V4b
Software used: Gaia v1 rc9
Game tested: EA MMA (mandatory update required to 3.42) (EUR)

Process:

- edited the PARAM.SFO from 3.42 to 3.41.
- Ripped it on the internal HDD (dev_hdd0/GAMEZ)
- retained the original EBOOT.BIN file (no changes made)
- launched game via Gaia OM
- XMB Game ICON came up as 'corrupted data'
- Launched the game anyway
- Gave a screen stating 'EA MMA needs to install some files on the HDD' Click 'OK' to proceed.
- Should I? What if it updates the firmware to 3.42? Mind you, It has the PS_UPDATE folder, which contains the PS3UPDATE.PUP file. I'm assuming it's the 3.42 update file.
- Cancelled the prompt and didn't proceed with that step.
- Went to the main game folder and deleted the PS3_UPDATE folder (to be on a safe side)
- Launched the game again from XMB and this time it gave an error code: 8200-something.

Result: Operation failed (for the time being). Called it a day as had to head out for work.

Thank you for watching. Stay tuned for next update, hopefully by tonight.

If i can get the MMA dld finished by the evening , i'll put up the process. Will be late at night though coz i'm at college right now then i gotta finish off some reports for work...

As mentioned above : board is at90usb162 with an 8MHz crystal and 16kb of flash. Hex originally loaded was PSGroove 1.1 , the one which we are testing right now is Hermes v4b which is the latest one available.

Hi,

If I order this chip in 2-3 days, when can I expect it to be delivered and this won't need the game disk to install the game first time but I can just download the files off the internet, right? Please reply.

Umm... i've written it enough times already. No new batches till the previous batch reaches the respective buyers safe and sound.

And as i mentioned in the PM: I do NOT have a shop or sthn :p Just a student...

@Ethan, The EXACT same thing happened to me, that too for 3.41 games. First, the icon would go. Second, the game/app would just become corrupted. The only thing that solved it for me is when i fell back to BM 1.0 then everything worked perfectly.

I think it has something to do with Hex/BM Compatibility. Try with different BMs and one would eventually fit.

P.S could u upload the Flash program thingamajig? Couldnt find it in the Programs website.

Hey guys ,

I have downloaded 2 ps3 games virtual fighter and burnout paradise from torrents , Could ne1 explain me the process of gettting them to work , I want to copy them to my external hdd where i have already backed up 5-6 games from the ps3 , Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
mac_freak

memnom said:
@Ethan, The EXACT same thing happened to me, that too for 3.41 games. First, the icon would go. Second, the game/app would just become corrupted. The only thing that solved it for me is when i fell back to BM 1.0 then everything worked perfectly.

I think it has something to do with Hex/BM Compatibility. Try with different BMs and one would eventually fit.

P.S could u upload the Flash program thingamajig? Couldnt find it in the Programs website.
I'm not really sure, to be honest. I might have to try a different back-up manager to see if that helps. None of my applications stop working, like you mentioned happened with yours. It's the first time I'm witnessing this corrupted data icon on the disc icon in XMB.

gautamsarin said:
whats the use of these chips? doesn't all new games require version above 3.42?
Homebrew. Piracy is an offshoot but not the primary reason for it. With the new toolchain released today which gives full LV1 and LV2 access , access to the 7th SPU AND the RSX chip, i'm looking forward to great applications. Plus , 3.42 games are playable. Ethan just made a mistake in the patching process.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Ethan just made a mistake in the patching process.

Eh? Which patching process? Hex?

EDIT: WOOT! EA MMA works perfectly. Will post the procedure later on.

dhruvrock2000 said:
^^ I meant that you probably made a mistake while editing that file :p Coz you WERE using the correct procedure i think...

Yep. The PARAM.SFO wasn't edited properly. I got the file from someone else. Still not sure what went wrong in the editing. :p

Ok.. Here is a little guide on running any +3.42 game in a 3.41 console.. Though it was not written by me nor i have tested it... Thought it will be useful for our members..

This is newbie friendly very detailed and 100% working guide of how to let any new game that requires firmware v3.42 or above.. Just follow the steps carefully, it is easy if you follow them correctly.

For this work, you need the following :

- Hermes v4b ( download it from here _http://www.ps3-hacks.com/download.php?id=171 ) , Hermes v4 will do the job also. Just update your board with the correct Hex file.

- Open Manager v1.17.1 _http://www.ps3-hacks.com/download.php?id=147 or Open Manager 2.1 , or Gaia Manager v1.0 RC9 _http://www.ps3-hacks.com/download.php?id=167

Any of this managers will do the job, it is just your taste and what suits you best.

- PS3SFOEdit tool for editing the param.sfo file of any new game by yourself _http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19044

Let's get started :

1- Delete any data files of the game that you are trying to run, if there are any datas installed.

PS : Additional step - Specially for Medal of Honor game, download the correct region 1.01 patch for your MOH game, if you have the USA version, then download it from here _http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tppkg/np/BLUS30436/BLUS30436_T0/e90bbcade29dd158/UP0006-BLUS30436_00-MOHPATCHNAV00001-A0101-V0100-PE.pkg

If you have the Europe version, then download it from here _http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tppkg/np/BLES00860/BLES00860_T0/636ffafe5194764e/EP0006-BLES00860_00-MOHPATCHEU1V0001-A0101-V0100-PE.pkg?product=0085

Put this patch in a root of any USB stick or USB FAT32 HDD, then run it using the "PKG installing" menu.

2- After you saved the folder of a specific game in your PC, start the PS3SFOEdit tool.

3- Click on "Load" button, then browse to the specific game's folder, then inside PS3_GAME you will find the PARAM.SFO file, choose it.

4- After the PARAM.SFO file has been loaded, click on the "Advanced Edit" button.

5- You will now see the version of the Firmware that the game requires to run it in the following line "PS3_SYSTEM_VER" , the number on the right like 03.4200 means it requires 3.42 .

Click with the mouse button on that number, and edit it to 3.41 or 3.40, so it will read like that 03.4000 .

6- Click on "OK(Save Changes)" button, then click on the "Save" button when you are at the main screen of the tool. Click "Yes" to replace the new edited and save it instead of the old one.

7- Run your favorite Manager after you jailbroken your PS3, I will use Gaia rc9 as example in this whole Guide.

8- Very Important : Hit the START+SELECT buttons on your controller, a message will appear asking you if you want to install the games in "Laun1234" folder, click "NO" , then another message asks you if you want to install the games in "OMAN46756" folder, again click "NO", at the end it will tell you that the "GAMEZ" folder is the folder where the games will be installed. Click OK.

Note: This step is only needed when a game needs the "Patch Mode" to be enabled.

9- Now for more success, you have to transfer the whole game's folder to your internal using the built-in FTP server in your Gaia Manager or OM 1.7 and any FTP client in your PC like FileZilla.

Therefore run the Built-in FTP server inside it by hitting the "R1" button on your controller to enable it.

10- Transfer the whole folder to the following path of your PS3's internal HDD "/dev_hdd0/GAMEZ" , or else you will suffer of "No EBOOT.BIN found" message when you try to run the game, take this step very seriously. If you use other Manager than Gaia, then the path will be different, just read the green notes at the bottom of this Guide.

Note: You have to take care of the exact folder ONLY when the game requires the "Patch Mode" to be enabled to run correctly.

11- After you finished transferring the whole folder, select the game in the Gaia's screen, then hit "L1" button on your controller to enable the "MEM patch" mode (This step is not necessary for all games, only for specific games like Medal of Honor, just try and run the game without first, if it doesn't work, enable the patch mode), then hit "X" button on your controller to start the game while any original game's Disc is in the tray .

12- If a message appears telling you that the EBOOT.BIN is not correct and if you want it corrects the permission for it, click YES.

13- In most cases, the game's datas needed to be installed, hit OK if it asks you that.. Then wait after the installation is finished, and ENJOY the game.[/color]

NOTE 1 : If you use Open Manager 1.7 , then the path that you have to transfer your games to is /dev_hdd0/game/OMAN46756/GAMEZ"

NOTE 2 : If you use any other manager than Gaia in our Guide, then some differences that you have to take care of, like the "Patch Mode" can be enabled using other button on the controller, or changing the folder where the games should be installed in, in Gaia is "SELECT+START" but in other Managers it is different, the OM 1.7 is "L2+START" buttons etc...

NOTE 3 : I tested this method on 2 new games which require at least 3.42 FW , "Medal of Honor" and "EA Sports MMA" , in MOH you have to enable the Patch Mode to run the game, else the system will freeze. While the MMA game by EA doesn't need the Patch mode to be installed, therefore step 11 is not needed with this game. Try any other new games by yourself and see if it requires a patch mode or not.

NOTE 4 : If you want to run the game from your USB FAT32 external HDD, then transfer the whole game's folder to "GAMEZ" folder in your USB HDD , and be sure that there is no single file bigger than 4 gb. Medal of Honor has a file called Install.PKG which is bigger than 4 gb , you can remove this file and transfer everything else to your USB HDD, it is not a part of the game, but an additional package which can be installed.

Note 5 : No need to replace or change the EBOOT.BIN file, there is no such a step needed for that.

Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back