Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yups they have it in their conditions, clearly stated:

1. If the duty is less than charged : Refund in 60 days + an email confirming the refund.
2. If the duty is extra than charged : Amazon will pay for it. No extra billing.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please tell, what duties and tax incurred on it?
I was thinking of getting a $140 cabinet, do you know what would be its final cost delivered to my house?

Add the merchandise to your cart and take it till the end, before final submission. The calculations will show up. They will ask for a CC/Debit binding, which you can remove later on. So it seems good.

One thing to remember is that the duty part is final only for items that Amazon sells directly and not any of the 3rd party shops

Yups they have it in their conditions, clearly stated:

1. If the duty is less than charged : Refund in 60 days + an email confirming the refund.
2. If the duty is extra than charged : Amazon will pay for it. No extra billing.

- - - Updated - - -

Add the merchandise to your cart and take it till the end, before final submission. The calculations will show up. They will ask for a CC/Debit binding, which you can remove later on. So it seems good.

Yes, i have taken it to the end, but i wanna know, will i be charged by customs in India, as its a high value item and heavy too.
Have ordered stuff from different parts of world but all were light weight and under 3k.

scott1391990 : Whatever is shown in Amazon.com, its all inclusive, you won't be charged anything extra.
Yeah, they wont charge me extra but what about Customs duty in India, once the package arrives here? Please confirm

@scott1391990 : If its shipped and sold by Amazon, it will include all applicable customs duties. The duty is prepaid (It does show an entry saying 'Import Fees Deposit', correct?) You will not be charged anything on delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
So did you actually do the transaction ? Do keep us updated as you are probably the first person to try out the amazon global thing. We are looking for that as this option seems very enticing vis-a-vis others like sns and all. And when it comes to amazon we know they are too good in terms of customer care.
I've purchased via amazon.com two or three times and it has worked perfectly every time (the last being a few months ago). The import fee deposit was consumed once due to duty being charged, but the other two times no duty was paid and I got a refund of the import fee deposit. International credit cards issued in India work fine. Amazon.com used to ship via DHL which gives full tracking of your shipment. Not sure if they have switched to someone else now for shipping. Customer service is responsive and fantastic.

@varkey ppobox charged me $10 for first and $6 for subsequent and also took volumetric weight to increase the burden . Came out quite an expensive deal with ppobox. Was a 14.5k laptop

@kuduku : True, PPO Box charges volumetric. I always go for iShopInternational these days as they charge the actual weight most of the time. Plus the exchange rate also is better than paying with the CC directly.

Only issue is that they take a while to process the order sometimes, other than that its great.

Is the 2% charge on Mobile Phones fixed? I've been reading so many horror stories of people having to pay 10-30% of the phone value separately.

Will ShopnShip ensure the 2% charges?

Hi
the shipping charges are 10 USD for the 1st 500 gms and 8 USD for every additional 500gms and 12.36% service tax on shipping
the duty on 1st will be approx: 790 Inr
2nd: which one are you referring to?
3rd: approx 799 inr

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
16.8% on the assessed value
Hi,
What will be the duty % for computer monitor from US?

Hi yes. 2% on the MRP or assessed value
Is the 2% charge on Mobile Phones fixed? I've been reading so many horror stories of people having to pay 10-30% of the phone value separately.

Will ShopnShip ensure the 2% charges?

- - - Updated - - -

hi
The shipping charges are

10 USD for the 1st 500 gms and 8 USD for every additional 500gms and 12.36% service tax on shipping and duty approx 985 INR

Quotes for this item from Amazon please shopnshipindia :
Sennheiser HD 419 Headphones, Black

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005SNPTS2

Can you please confirm the exact custom amount on mobile phones, planning to buy Lumia 920 from US.

Recently one of my friend imported note 2, and he has to pay Rs. 2800 as custom, don't know whether they had miscalculated or customs on phones is increased

I agree that Linux is fast gaining acceptance but i think it will still take some time for it to become more user friendly as windows is.Applications for it also need to be increased,like games,and major softwares.

This is just my opinion. ;)

It is 2% approx, but depends on how ur importing and mood of the officer..

All customs information is in the first post. I believe speakers come under the Electronics category and therefore are at 28%

I'm buying a used product from a known seller in the US. Hes willing to ship it to the Shop and Ship office and asked how he should package it. How should I tell him to package it so that it gets marked as a gift and dodge customs?

Cause when I ordered my HD2 from ebay.com a year or so back, I got the phone rather poorly packaged in cardboard sheets (but thankfully inside a provided Otterbox Defender) with the charger and the USB cable. Surprisingly, the custom duty was waved off so I ended up paying hardly 800 bucks for the entire shipping from Shop&Ship New York office to here. How can I repeat this feat lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back