Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mjumrani as @agantuk pointed out, SnS is always based on actual weight and couple of instances i've been charged wrong weight(again its not on volumetric weight). But you can ask them to recheck the weight and they do once it reaches mumbai and charge accordingly.[DOUBLEPOST=1368090472][/DOUBLEPOST]
In that case you were charged wrongly, I would have raised a dispute with them, because actual shipping weight has been their USP for long.
Or check your weighing machine and change it if required :p

Last edited by a moderator:
@mjumrani as @agantuk pointed out, SnS is always based on actual weight and couple of instances i've been charged wrong weight(again its not on volumetric weight). But you can ask them to recheck the weight and they do once it reaches mumbai and charge accordingly.[DOUBLEPOST=1368090472][/DOUBLEPOST]
Or check your weighing machine and change it if required :p
I will massacre them if that happens again

Guys, what would be cheapest and reliable option to order NOOK HD+ from bestbuy USA to India? I asked quote to ishopinternational couple of days ago and still havent received any reply from them. Have account with borderlinx too but if i get to know complete landing cost beforehand, i would prefer that.

I'll save you the trouble. Heres the quote they gave me a month back:

Thanks for your order request:

Item Type: laptop
Item Description: NOOK HD+ Tablet Slate 16GB qty 1
As described in the U.S. website below:

Shipped directly from US retailer to you in India!
Total all-inclusive cost of item for delivery to India based on current exchange rates will be:
Rs. 20,216

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 16,127
International Shipping: Rs. 1,100
Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 3,089

- DISCOUNT - Rs. 100

@RD274 Ya, i read ur thread. But prices are dropped by almost 100 USD. 16 GB version is at 180$ till 12th May. Unbeatable for value.

@RD274 Ya, i read ur thread. But prices are dropped by almost 100 USD. 16 GB version is at 180$ till 12th May. Unbeatable for value.
Wow thats absolutely impressive. Even more so considering the Nook now has the Play Store too. Would really consider it now but I've already ordered another tablet for myself :)

ya got a phone worth 20$ but it seems customs now charges on market price and doesn't care for paypal invoice or anything else. ended up paying 1200 as customs and shipping for it which is equal to the price of the phone :/

Can anyone suggest the approximate duty on Digital Camera? Someone told me its close to 30% so say if I get a digital camera from US for around $400-450 then what would be the duty on that? And what is the approximate shipping? I think the camera would weigh appx. 600-800grams so 1kg max.

anyone tel me where cn i buy nexus 5 from us 32 gb varient and how much will it cast to india?i mean it is 32000inr so if in the end final price reamin same then whats the deal to import it?

Guys my friend is in US and wants to send some stuff to me like PS4, gfx card etc. Possible to use SnS in this scenario. Also how much is the custom duty on gaming consoles?

Guys my friend is in US and wants to send some stuff to me like PS4, gfx card etc. Possible to use SnS in this scenario. Also how much is the custom duty on gaming consoles?

If you are getting it for free then only it is a worthwhile deal. Duty on gaming consoles and other electronics is 28.XX%

Volumetric if package is huge.
If possible, can point me to the relevant page on SnS' site? I am trying to get my laptop, which we discussed on the other thread, to India. Not really ideal but trying to find every alternative. Ppobox clearly say they use volume weight, so just confirming this one.
And just wondering UPS says 3.6 kgs for shipping from Lenovo to the location. As per their site, they also rely on volumetric weight. So that should give me a fair idea of things?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back