Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting for Amazon to include all items in global shipping. Everytime I try to ship stuff, they say item cannot be shipped to my address.
1-2 of my items were also not eligible for shipping so i had to find their replacements.

DHL and Delhi customs are a match made in heaven. Got a call today from DHL that the Delhi customs has detained my shipment which contains 1 single bluray (yup, detained 1 ****ing movie) and he needs a signed authorization letter, a copy of invoice, my ID proof etc. Are Delhi custom officers high ? ****tards.

I am waiting for Amazon to include all items in global shipping. Everytime I try to ship stuff, they say item cannot be shipped to my address.

That may or may not happen ever. Btw what item you want to include in global shipping for now ?[DOUBLEPOST=1387451310][/DOUBLEPOST]
DHL and Delhi customs are a match made in heaven. Got a call today from DHL that the Delhi customs has detained my shipment which contains 1 single bluray (yup, detained 1 ****ing movie) and he needs a signed authorization letter, a copy of invoice, my ID proof etc. Are Delhi custom officers high ? ****tards.

Was it a p0rn bluray ? :p

Which courier should I use? I am planning on getting a mobile from US to Chennai from my friend. Should I go with DHL or Fedex?
Also Estimated Customs with them please.
What documents should I send them over?
Last time I imported a Laptop through iShop and paid the said duties and no documents were needed.

I have shipped using DHL twice and every time they have been a PITA courtesy Delhi customs. Every time my packages were opened and not only that they went on to open the stuff inside the packages as well. Plus then they spend their own sweet time playing with them before clearing them after 2-3 days. I have learnt my lesson and will never get anything shipped to Delhi again.

I have shipped using DHL twice and every time they have been a PITA courtesy Delhi customs. Every time my packages were opened and not only that they went on to open the stuff inside the packages as well. Plus then they spend their own sweet time playing with them before clearing them after 2-3 days. I have learnt my lesson and will never get anything shipped to Delhi again.
Either the Delhi custom guys are high or they've major issues with DHL. Fingers crossed none of my other Amazon orders ship via DHL. :/

didnt you register a complaint?
BTW i will place mine today. I nearly placed an order for the wrong items. >_>
Thank gawd I didn't hurry. Phew!
Also my order increased to $184. ^_^

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 182
Any inputs on this.
Which courier should I use? I am planning on getting a mobile from US to Chennai from my friend. Should I go with DHL or Fedex?
Also Estimated Customs with them please.
What documents should I send them over?
Last time I imported a Laptop through iShop and paid the said duties and no documents were needed.

Any inputs on this.
Never use any courier directly, use a shipment forwarder, they submit all required documents properly, use ppobox or hopshopgo as per your convenience.

Mumbai let off all packages without physical inspection this time.. So saved NY tax, and got everything sealed.

That took a while. Jan 6-13 wowow!
I only hope that I can get some of the deposits back else I'm gonna go broke.
and oh I hate had to pass the Nexus 7 deal because of this. :(:(:banghead:

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Declined? What the heck? solved. By default my residential address was also used as the billing address which was incorrect because they are different addresses. I've changed my billing address and gave the address as per my bank account details.
Lets and wait.

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
That took a while. Jan 6-13 wowow!
I only hope that I can get some of the deposits back else I'm gonna go broke.
and oh I hate to pass the Nexus 7 deal because of this. :(:(:banghead:
Expect courier delays during Christmas and New Year. One of my shipments changed dates from Dec end to Jan 3rd.

Expect courier delays during Christmas and New Year. One of my shipments changed dates from Dec end to Jan 3rd.
what did you order? Did you apply for the free shipping? I got greedy and added some more items but they didn't qualify! Uff!
A friend will next year during summer so I'm keeping them for that day.
Another thing how do you avoid custom when someone brings stuff from US to India? Is there any item limit which can be brought? Or does it work as long as you walk on the grey line?

what did you order? Did you apply for the free shipping? I got greedy and added some more items but they didn't qualify! Uff!
A friend will next year during summer so I'm keeping them for that day.
Another thing how do you avoid custom when someone brings stuff from US to India? Is there any item limit which can be brought? Or does it work as long as you walk on the grey line?
Some blurays and a statue. And yes, added items for free shipping.
Thing is as long as your items are shipped via Aramex, you should be good (mostly). DHL/Fedex (the fast shippers) look like trouble (seeing my recent DHL issues).
You can do nothing to evade customs. Just depends on your luck.

Guys doesn't amazon accept debit card? My order cannot go through even after changing my addresses. What could have went wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 162
Guys doesn't amazon accept debit card? My order cannot go through even after changing my addresses. What could have went wrong?
Not all debit cards, my icici vida works.. And i think axis and hdfc might work too, sbi doesn't work for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back