Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we get the duty amount details on an Amazon shipment that arrived via Aramex - the delivery guy was clueless and the packaging/labels/slip dont state any duty amount.

How can we get the duty amount details on an Amazon shipment that arrived via Aramex - the delivery guy was clueless and the packaging/labels/slip dont state any duty amount.
Contact Aramex. If you wanted to know about import refunds the process is automatic.
BTW all my items are expected by 9th Jan and I also expect to get all the import duty infos. then.

PS: I'm officially broke. Spent over 22k in two weeks. :oops::nailbiting:
PS2: Not getting a tab anymore :p

On tracking page, there will be contact number of destination office.. Call them up and ask for bill of entry, Amazon will refund deposit automatically after 60 days.

has anybody received refund when their product was shipped from amazon via aramex

I have received refund two times , single item shipment and not shipped via aramex

Update: Got the rest of my items just now. Delivered by Aramex. Actual customs charge is: 2228rs. Import duty i deposited 3560rs.

Attachments

• final order - Copy.jpg
    final order - Copy.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 190
Aramex is simply telling me they dont know the duty amount for the package as it was prepaid by Amazon. WTF? Have called 2 diff customer service guys on different dates - the package was delivered 2 weeks ago. How are you guys getting the info??

Aramex is simply telling me they dont know the duty amount for the package as it was prepaid by Amazon. WTF? Have called 2 diff customer service guys on different dates - the package was delivered 2 weeks ago. How are you guys getting the info??
Ask for BOE of the package . Go a little back and you will find more details

It was written on the form where i signed. "Import Duty- Rs.X-amount."
You should go to Aramex office.

My friend is coming on the 24th of this month from US and I was thinking of getting a Asus 780 GTX through him. He will buy the card from either Amazon or newegg and ship it to his place in US.
My doubt is that when he lands in India what are the chances of paying the import duties and how much it would be ??
The prices in US are around 500$ but the prices have not reflected in India yet.
If in case I have to pay the custom duties I should not end up paying more than the price in India.
Can anyone suggest how can deal with this scenario?
Will it help if he ditches the cover of the card or carries it in his luggage ?

Thanks in advance

i think this is the only way to avoid paying customs there.
Luggage in the sense i met his cargo luggage not his hand carried luggage.
I read on some places that in cargo luggage, electrical boards like GPU , motherboard are not allowed.

If someone has done so then they can comment on this.
Help will be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

Someone pls tell me how to get a book from amazon.com here?
Its worth 2 USD and shipping 3.99 USD. But only in USA. I tried to check on ishopinternational for a quote but I can't select books. Then tried on shopnship but you have to make an account to check that I guess.

Its worth 2 USD and shipping 3.99 USD. But only in USA. I tried to check on ishopinternational for a quote but I can't select books. Then tried on shopnship but you have to make an account to check that I guess.
Not worth it.

Shipping wil cost minimum 500+12% service tax, then ishopinternational will ha e clearance and other charges.

Email shop@ishopinternational.com with the link to get a quote.

is digital version of this book available?

Not worth it.

Shipping wil cost minimum 500+12% service tax, then ishopinternational will ha e clearance and other charges.

Email shop@ishopinternational.com with the link to get a quote.
Thank you. I have e-mailed them with the link

is digital version of this book available?
Doesn't matter. I have 2 books of the series with me so certainly want the last one. Forgot to buy when it was available here and when I got to remember it, it's gone from everywhere.:(:(

i won't laugh bro as i'm also a book lover.
i myself have more than 1000 books in my collection and i am talking about real paper books. i know you have to be crazy for them.
if you could wait, i can find some friend who may be willing to carry this book from US. but you may have to wait till feb end as recently i talked to a few and no had any plans of returning back any day soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back