Dead Island - Discussion Thread

Re: The "Dead Island" Thread [PC] [PS3] [360]

From the preview I read, it seems to be some sort of action-RPG which is intriguing. I hope it doesn't it closely resemble dead rising. that would be a bummer. anywho, this is definitely worth keeping an eye on. let's see how it spans out. the trailer definitely caught my attention!

Dead Island - 'Tragedy Hits Paradise' Teaser Trailer

[youtube]eI36BPAQ-jM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Plus some new screens:

dead01.jpg

dead02.jpg

dead03.jpg

dead04.jpg

dead05.jpg

The second trailer looks like its made from in-game footage. The graphics look nice, except for the overuse of Bloom.

The second trailer looks like its made from in-game footage. The graphics look nice, except for the overuse of Bloom.
I second that. The bloom effects are a tad overdone, but this game is on my watch list. Hope it doesn't bomb! :)

10 minute Gameplay footage & Developer commentary:

[youtube]RBb1M4XDVxo[/youtube]

20 minute gameplay:

[youtube]aA-ULF0C1Vw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I think L4D is more intense and action packed. But this certainly looks better, which engine is this?

jc36lect3r said:
I think L4D is more intense and action packed. But this certainly looks better, which engine is this?
Aman27deep said:
L4D is uninteresting. This looks awesome!

Not good enough! have you guys ever played l4d 1 or l4d 2 with friends in co-op.

anyways copying a concept from another game that too almost completely is a bad idea.Not interested.

quan chi said:
just give one reason to play this and not l4d2.
realistic melee, better graphics, neat story driven island horror zombie apocalypse scenario.

is that enough?

comp@ddict said:
realistic melee, better graphics, neat story driven island horror zombie apocalypse scenario.

is that enough?
No!read my previous post.
"story driven" is the only thing which might have appealed a bit. but it seems as a fusion of l4d and borderlands.games like these are less story driven.

Aman27deep said:
L4D is uninteresting. This looks awesome!

have you played versus ?

its very good fun.

@ quan chi - if you are a fan of zombie shooters - why wouldnt you play a new different game ?

dead island is very different to l4d conceptually - even though its the same genre.dead island is an rpg - with character development - and its also more openworld.i'm sure these aspects would attract a lot of players.the combat system also seems very different to l4d.

Doesn't shooting zombies get repetitive after some time? Go from point A to B, shoot everything that moves in between. Get some friends, shoot everything from point A to point B. Stops being fun after a week or so.

We have been playing L4D2 for almost 2 weeks now, spending rougly 8-10 hours on weekends and 3 hours on weekdays trying to complete the campaign in Expert mode, which is the highest diffiuclty. Prior to this, we had completed the game in Hard mode. Left 4 Dead, too, was completed in Hard mode. But we still enjoy playing the game, as it's so much fun and that much more difficult. Each time, the experience is different and strategy we used to reach from point A to point B would change. The best part about L4D is that the enemy occurence can't be predicted. So you might get TANK trying to squish you righ at the beginning or you might not get him at all. There could even be 2 spawning in a single level. :p

Case in point, the game is meant to be enjoyed in multi-player and SP isn't as interesting with bots. I hope Dead Island incorporates co-op properly and is a long game. BTW any idea how much this game might retail for and if it's via Steam or retail?

hitman02in said:
have you played versus ?
its very good fun.

@ quan chi - if you are a fan of zombie shooters - why wouldnt you play a new different game ?
dead island is very different to l4d conceptually - even though its the same genre.dead island is an rpg - with character development - and its also more openworld.i'm sure these aspects would attract a lot of players.the combat system also seems very different to l4d.

Nope i am not a fan.But i liked that game.anyways please read my previous post what i meant was dont you think this is a mixture of l4d goes to borderlands.
i am neither against it what i meant was we already have shooters or fps of this kind then why again another one that too with so much similarities.its like playing the same with new maps.
jc36lect3r said:
Doesn't shooting zombies get repetitive after some time? Go from point A to B, shoot everything that moves in between. Get some friends, shoot everything from point A to point B. Stops being fun after a week or so.
Ethan_Hunt said:
Each time, the experience is different and strategy we used to reach from point A to point B would change. The best part about L4D is that the enemy occurence can't be predicted.

@jc36lect3 hope you got the point.:)

Back