Delhi gangrape protests

The girl's name has been revealed by her father. Of course the Indian media has no mention of it (barring a single report on DNA that I could gather). I wasn't aware that naming a sexual offense victim's name in India is illegal.

As some of you may know, a foreign newspaper has published the name of the 23-year-old rape victim, apparently with the approval of her father. Section 228A of the Indian Penal Code, which prohibits publication of the name of a deceased rape victim without the permission of her next of kin, lays down a specific procedure by which this permission is to be accorded: it must be given in writing to a welfare organisation or institution recognised by the Central or State governments. To the best of my knowledge, this procedure, which was introduced into law as an added layer of protection for the victim and her family, has not yet been followed. We respect the father's wish to go public, if that is indeed what he wants, but unless he states the same in writing in the manner prescribed by statute, The Hindu will continue witholding the name of the victim.

The Hindu : News / National : Naming Delhi rape victim: a note to readers

I utterly agree with alekh line by line on what he has mentioned in his post. After all this trials and hearings, they will be hanged and (probably 5 out of 6, and that "underage" may get life-term). And society may (probably will) accept it.

After 16th dec, there ain't no stopping of rapes. After hanging these goons, there won;t be. I agree that there are grass-root level changes required. But When we have such heinous crimes, there definitely are some extreme measures required.

Our society is not (and will not be) mature enough to know rape victim's name. It's good that there is a law for it.

Now Asaram bapu.

Asaram Bapu reportedly said "the victim is as guilty as her rapists" and that she should have "begged" in front of the culprits.

"She should have called the culprits brothers and begged before them to stop. This could have saved her dignity and life. Can one hand clap? I don't think so," CNN-IBN quoted Asaram Bapu as saying in a Jaipur-datelined report.

"Had she recited the Saraswati mantra, she would not have boarded any bus after watching a movie with her boyfriend,"

What kind of pathetic mind-set is this?

Females should be given right to terminate their attacker without any questions asked & should be made aware about their own self that only they are responsible for themselves, they own their own body no body has any right over them.. Its extreme but will affect

Asaram Bapu reportedly said "the victim is as guilty as her rapists" and that she should have "begged" in front of the culprits.

"She should have called the culprits brothers and begged before them to stop. This could have saved her dignity and life. Can one hand clap? I don't think so," CNN-IBN quoted Asaram Bapu as saying in a Jaipur-datelined report.

"Had she recited the Saraswati mantra, she would not have boarded any bus after watching a movie with her boyfriend,"

Didn't get this line. Bapu wanted her to walk home while reciting Saraswati Mantra?

Source : Asaram says rape victim should have begged, gets flak - Yahoo! News India

I do not know which mantra he was referring to. But I guess Saraswati Mantra which is commonly known is this :Saraswati Vandana Mantra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check out last line translated in english : "O Mother Goddess, remove my mental inertia!"

So from this I think what he meant was it was her "Saari (Mansik) Jadtaa" (All (Mental) Inertia) that after watching a movie with her boyfriend, she boarded a bus.

One more statement - "Taali do haath se bajti hai" (Taali do haath se bajti hai: Asaram on gangrape - Indian Express)

Source : Asaram says rape victim should have begged, gets flak - Yahoo! News India

I do not know which mantra he was referring to. But I guess Saraswati Mantra which is commonly known is this :Saraswati Vandana Mantra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check out last line translated in english : "O Mother Goddess, remove my mental inertia!"

So from this I think what he meant was it was her "Saari (Mansik) Jadtaa" (All (Mental) Inertia) that after watching a movie with her boyfriend, she boarded a bus.

One more statement - "Taali do haath se bajti hai" (Taali do haath se bajti hai: Asaram on gangrape - Indian Express)

So she should have removed her mental inertia before boarding the bus and prepare herself for the incoming torture and death?

'Ttaali do haath se bajti hai' - going by this analogy, so if someone is murdered, 'the victim was as responsible as the killer'? Or, the victim can call his/her would-be-murderer father/brother/etc and fall at their feet and can escape!? It would be interesting to know which multiverse does he belong to.

OT: Haven't seen a Hindi film where the rapist(s) leaves his/their victim because the victim tells him/them 'I am like you sister, spare me in the name of god,' and Bapu wants to preach this in real life.

I think what that fake god-man wanted to tell was, she should have said "Nahi..i..n. Bhagwaan ke liye mujhe chhod do, Bhaiya!!!", just like in old bollywood movies(sic!).

I think what that fake god-man wanted to tell was, she should have said "Nahi..i..n. Bhagwaan ke liye mujhe chhod do, Bhaiya!!!", just like in old bollywood movies(sic!).

Fake god-man is kinda redundant, all god-men are fake.

Everything these idiots touch turns to shit.

Females should be given right to terminate their attacker without any questions asked & should be made aware about their own self that only they are responsible for themselves, they own their own body no body has any right over them.. Its extreme but will affect

Cute. I propose that the govt. start a, "Aaurat Swayam Terminate Balaatkarri Yojana" (ASTABAL). All women shall be provided with subsidized weaponry including but not limited to AK47s, INSAS, Glocks, grenades, rpgs and what-have-yous. Heck, we won't even need a police force then. We can just have ASTABAL squads moving about running down and shooting rapists, would-be rapists, pseudo-rapists, quasi-rapists, imaginary rapists and ex-rapists. It'll be great fun, yea.

Cute. I propose that the govt. start a, "Aaurat Swayam Terminate Balaatkarri Yojana" (ASTABAL). All women shall be provided with subsidized weaponry including but not limited to AK47s, INSAS, Glocks, grenades, rpgs and what-have-yous. Heck, we won't even need a police force then. We can just have ASTABAL squads moving about running down and shooting rapists, would-be rapists, pseudo-rapists, quasi-rapists, imaginary rapists and ex-rapists. It'll be great fun, yea.

yea man i think every male should be terminated only then safety of females can be insured
i'm all for this ASSTABAL
;)

Everything these idiots touch turns to shit.

Why would you say that .. especially for this case..?

Anon guys did a good job bringing attention through both online and in real world action, for a crime that was being sweeped under the rug.

Cute. I propose that the govt. start a, "Aaurat Swayam Terminate Balaatkarri Yojana" (ASTABAL). All women shall be provided with subsidized weaponry including but not limited to AK47s, INSAS, Glocks, grenades, rpgs and what-have-yous. Heck, we won't even need a police force then. We can just have ASTABAL squads moving about running down and shooting rapists, would-be rapists, pseudo-rapists, quasi-rapists, imaginary rapists and ex-rapists. It'll be great fun, yea.[/QUOTE]

Well don't know this being about fun but will instill fear in people with criminal motives & about police force issue, currently its just better then nothing.

Back