Laptops Dell complete cover is amazing!

Wraith

Skilled
I have Dell Inspiron 6400 which is about 4 yrs old. Since I got a Studio 15 about a year back, the Inspiron 6400 was being used/abused by almost everyone at home.

Couple of weeks back i took a look at the laptop in it was in shambles! The keyboard was missing keys, the dvdrw was working errartically, the screen hinges had become loose, the silver colour had faded over the plamrest and some other cosmetic damages.

I called up Dell to inquire how I could get the plastic parts changed, they said I'll have to go in for the complete cover warranty but I could get it only for 1 year since they support products for 5 yrs from date of manufacture. I was ok with it and took the complete cover warranty for 7.5k. I thought it was a little expensive but again my laptop was in real bad shape!
I was told I'll receive the replacement parts in a couple of days and this is the list of stuff i received in 2 days after getting the warranty

1) new dvdrw
2) new hdd (no capacity increase though)
3) refurbished mobo (opted not to change the original one)
4) new keyboard
5) new plastic parts which included everything except the black base.
6) new rubber parts.

The engineer came the same evening and changed everything. Now I have an almost brand new laptop! :eek:hyeah: If you look at it physically its all new and shiny :D :D
I guess the life of the laptop has been extended again by a couple of years and all this for 7.5k!

yes DELL gives one of the best service. even in our Co. we have all dell laprops and pcs and their service just kicks a** of other brands. esp. laptops.

So you can go for complete cover even after the laptop is no longer in warranty period. That sounds like an awesome deal.

^ That definitely is a surprise since most vendors - electronics or otherwise - refuse to give additional warranty unless there is an existing one valid. In other, only extended warranty is available.

I have got a Dell Latitude, more than 6 years old bought from Dubai.There seems to be some issue with the HDD. I called up Dell last year and they were quoting around 10K+ for replacing the HDD along with service.
Is the complete cover available for Latitude series as well? Anyways let me call up Dell and see what they have got to offer.

Dell Complete Cover looks amazing, thank you for sharing this great info :)

Even in my office they have almost all Dell machines and they really rock. I really like their 4:3 17" monitors.

But now there are some acer machines too which have those WD TV size CPUs :)

Here are the before and after pics

Before

Please excuse the quality of the pics, they were taken with my Spica with no flash.

After

Complete cover is an awesome deal! Yesterday, I was compelling my friend to take one along with a Dell laptop. It was priced at 7.5k like you have mentioned. Even the store dealer was saying, "Even if a truck runs over the laptop, Dell would honor service for you!" :D

OFFTOPIC QUESTION :huh:

I am also going to order a Dell Laptop by Today or Tomorrow. Want to know can I opt/pay for Complete Cover after some months, instead of paying for it at the Time of purchase?

P.S. I will be ordering Online at the Official Dell India Site

@Wraith

Your Lappy Looks DAMN Awesome NOW :hap2:

mrintech said:
OFFTOPIC QUESTION :huh:

I am also going to order a Dell Laptop by Today or Tomorrow. Want to know can I opt/pay for Complete Cover after some months, instead of paying for it at the Time of purchase?

P.S. I will be ordering Online at the Official Dell India Site

@Wraith

Your Lappy Looks DAMN Awesome NOW :hap2:

You can order Complete Cover later, but it is cheapest when ordered with new laptop itself.

I was considering changing my laptop. The same Inspiron 6400 :D I have it for three years and its rock solid(build quality is great. Much better than current inspiron lineup)

So if dell is providing CC for it then i too dont mind holding onto the lappy for longer. Do they provid CC for the battery too.:ashamed:

DarkAngel said:
I was considering changing my laptop. The same Inspiron 6400 :D I have it for three years and its rock solid(build quality is great. Much better than current inspiron lineup)

So if dell is providing CC for it then i too dont mind holding onto the lappy for longer. Do they provid CC for the battery too.:ashamed:

Exactly my question :tongue:

I had done the same thing for my old inspiron 1702. the laptop was out of warranty. the screen which was ultrasharp 1920 x 1200 with truelife was spoilt. dvdrw was spoilt. plastic was broken in many places.

i took the complete cover warranty for 1 year during the 50% discount (6k) around new years time. got everything replaced with new within 1 day.

afaik the battery warranty is not covered in cc. u can anyways pickup a new battery. i got a dell oem 9cell battery from lamington around a year back for cheaper than what dell was selling it for.

I dont think the battery comes under complete cover. And i totally agree with the build quality of the Inspiron 6400, its rock solid! infact my studio 15 seems quite flimsy in comparison.

Wraith said:
I dont think the battery comes under complete cover. And i totally agree with the build quality of the Inspiron 6400, its rock solid! infact my studio 15 seems quite flimsy in comparison.

Thats why i dont wanna part with it :hap5: Not a single issue till date.:cool2: (Touch wood)
Also i dont want any backup as its plugged in 99% of the times. Just wanted to know whether CC would provide coverage for it.

@stormblast

Can you please tell when 50% discount in new year came ?

Was it only for 1 year or 3 years also ?

Do you remember the price ?

Do they send official mail on such discount ?

Praks said:
@stormblast

Can you please tell when 50% discount in new year came ?
Was it only for 1 year or 3 years also ?
Do you remember the price ?
Do they send official mail on such discount ?

Around 1st couple of weeks of jan it was there.
It was for 1year & 2year. I never asked for 3 years.
I paid 6250rs for 1year CC. 2years CCwas around 11200rs.
Not sure about mail, but it was written on their website & also anks here on te had created a thread in the Market. I got it done through him.

Slightly off-topic -

if I buy a Dell laptop from US and purchase the complete cover package, will Dell honor that warranty in India? I want to bring a laptop for my sister. Or would it be better to buy it from India?

Back