Dell XCD35 Android mobile Knockout Deals offer - Indiatimes Shopping

Guys, You need to login to apply the coupon.... I myself ordered one just now.... Somehow I had missed the Indiaplaza deal..

Today is the last day for this coupon and 6299 is greatt price for this phone. This is my first purchase on taggle but there are guys who have pretty good experience with the site..

Lol I spent all mynight yesterday. I won't do it again.

In brief, just root the phone using z4root. Then install Clockwork Mod Recovery. Download the zip file from Cyanogen. Rename it to update.zip. Put it on the SD card. Reboot the phone into recovery menu (power + VOL Down). Backup if you want to. Delete partition cache. Delete dalvik cache. Install from the zip (update.zip). Restart and you are done.

If done right, everything will be done under 20 minutes.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Lol I spent all mynight yesterday. I won't do it again.

In brief, just root the phone using z4root. Then install Clockwork Mod Recovery. Download the zip file from Cyanogen. Rename it to update.zip. Put it on the SD card. Reboot the phone into recovery menu (power + VOL Down). Backup if you want to. Delete partition cache. Delete dalvik cache. Install from the zip (update.zip). Restart and you are done.

If done right, everything will be done under 20 minutes.

Which versions are you using for this?..

recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade-gen2.img will do?(thats the latest i guess) & can pass on the link for the cm7 mod you've tested on yours?..:).. thnx in advance.

buddingwhizkid said:
^ how . i need one too ...
I had a few taggle points in my a/c
so got additional 275/- off
I still have a lot of taggle point left, but i could use max 275 on that deal.

Anyone needs a Sandisk 2GB micro SD mem card ??
I already have 8GB, want to sell my 2GB which came along with the phone

ontherocks said:
Whoever said that, is wrong (like umpteen clueless CSRs).
People have gone to the carry in service centers, updated their Android, got hand to hand replacement of handset.

So, the story goes like this:

I bought a Dell touchscreen mobile phone from Indiaplaza.com, received it on 29th September, 2011. I opened it and realized that the touch is not working.

So, I called up indiaplaza.com, they asked me get in touch with Dell, they will replace it.

I called up Dell, exchanged a few mails and Dell told me to visit the service center in Gurgaon and they will do the needful.

I visited Dell service Center on 30th September, after trying to update the software and thoroughly checking the phone, service center engineer told me that the hardware is defective, he will need to repair the phone. He asked me to leave the phone with him and he will give me the same/another repaired phone after week. I refused that option because I can’t think of a single reason why should I not get an instant brand new replacement.

He suggested me to get it touch with reseller with “Dead On Arrival†certificate which Dell service Center gave and the reseller will replace it with a brand new sealed unit.

I contacted indiaplaza again through their website (ticket raise option). Today, I got a reply that they have nothing to do after selling the phone and I should contact Dell for anything and everything.

So, Dell and indiaplaza.com are holding each other responsible for defective product and replacement.

See this: :eek:hyeah:

Never buy from indiaplaza.com and DELL - Wall | Facebook

Guys, please like this page to add pressure to indiaplaza.com and Dell.

dude, this really sux for you. you can't really blame dell, since they didn't sell it to you themselves, they will not replace it. atleast they gave you a doa certificate. i for one will never buy from indianplaza after hearing this.

and try contacting the local consumer forum. before you diss it, hear this. my cuz had an issue with his asus mobo in warranty. 3 (repaired) replacements later, there was no joy. he contacted the consumer forum and then mailed asus (rashi actually). He got a brand new mobo as replacement, and not even his old one, a much newer, upgraded model.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i was just thinking, this is why the online sale model isn't that ideal for india. abroad, people even buy crap like shoes resting in the confidence of an easy return in case of issues. here, you're ok till you get shafted, but if you're unlucky, god help you.

Back